Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start.
(11-24-2019, 11:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

We got nothing but time to wait for Zac to build the greatness with a total dip-shit owner and his cronies.

Ain't life grand?

[Image: th?id=OIP.WoVgbA1VC6gxxvP1ifMyCQAAAA&pid...=265&h=173]

Well... In my scenario I'm kinda hoping Taylor resigns or is caught in some scandal, and has to be let go. But yes... It's gonna take a minute to fix this thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: Well... This year Andy Dalton was the best QB on the roster. He took the fall for this turd of a season, and that bridge was burned. So now we have to trot out the worst coach in the league's hand picked worst QB in the league for the rest of the season... To "see what we have".

The answer is to draft the BPA in this draft, and try to rebuild the roster. I guess that leaves us with the options of rolling out the worst QB in the league next year again, or brining in someone like a Keenum or Mariota or something. Then we'll suck again, but hopefully the roster is somewhat improved. Then draft BPA again in the next draft. Then hopefully there's a lil more improvement with all of our key players on rookie contracts... Then we try for our QB. Signing a free agent or two would help, but let's not get too crazy here....

That's pretty much how the Legion of Boom Seahawks were built.

What will we do? Let the QB guru draft his guy again, and flop again.

Yeah man, because "hand picked" franchise QBs always are found in the 4th round..   Rolleyes

Get over it.  Finley was picked to be a developmental backup.  Dalton, in his 9th year, couldn't bring the Bengals to a single win in 8 tries.  Do you think that if Dalton were the QB, that winning 3-4 meaningless games would really advance this team, in the grand scheme of things?  Personally, I'm with with "auditioning" the back stage talent, to see if they have the guts to hold up in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah man, because "hand picked" franchise QBs always are found in the 4th round..   Rolleyes

Get over it.  Finley was picked to be a developmental backup.  Dalton, in his 9th year, couldn't bring the Bengals to a single win in 8 tries.  Do you think that if Dalton were the QB, that winning 3-4 meaningless games would really advance this team, in the grand scheme of things?  Personally, I'm with with "auditioning" the back stage talent, to see if they have the guts to hold up in the NFL.

Oh I'm over it... I hardly bother to check in on this team anymore. I didn't watch 3 straight games at all, and I don't make sure I'm ready for kick off when I do watch them. If Finley was drafted to be a developmental backup what's the point of throwing him out there? To make this team even more unwatchable? As Nately pointed out; he fumbled every time he's touched, so I think it's safe to say he doesn't have the guts to hold up. Benching Dalton for a scrub lost this team. It lost AJ Green... And yes; when you trade up to get a guy, he is hand picked.

What round was Jimmy G drafted in? How did John Lynch build that roster in SF? Are you watching the 49ers right now? Draft edge rushers. Draft linemen. Get a competent coaching staff... Then figure the QB out.

Fun fact; Russell Wilson was drafted in the 4th... He's the best in the game at the moment. It took time to develop and get there, but he is.

But the whole let's try everybody is par for the course with Zac. Remember his offensive line switcheroo every preseason game?... To see what we have?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dolegala or Dalton; take your pick.  Ryan Finley might develop into a great quarterback someday but I don’t see this happening with the Bengals.

The new Cam Newton avi just made me throw up in my mouth a little.  Sick

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The new Cam Newton avi just made me throw up in my mouth a little.  Sick

You don’t like my “Cam Newton as a Bengal” avatar? He’s going to be available. Haha!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:26 PM)jason Wrote: After him, they should try Huber. Let's see what he's got under center. This have to see what we have shit is getting comical. The coaching staff's musical positions on the O line in the preseason should've been a screaming red flag.

Isn't practice and camp and OTAs the place to see what we got?

In an 0-11 season, when you have so many needs, especially at QB, nothing is comical about it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: Well... This year Andy Dalton was the best QB on the roster. He took the fall for this turd of a season, and that bridge was burned. So now we have to trot out the worst coach in the league's hand picked worst QB in the league for the rest of the season... To "see what we have".

The answer is to draft the BPA in this draft, and try to rebuild the roster. I guess that leaves us with the options of rolling out the worst QB in the league next year again, or brining in someone like a Keenum or Mariota or something. Then we'll suck again, but hopefully the roster is somewhat improved. Then draft BPA again in the next draft. Then hopefully there's a lil more improvement with all of our key players on rookie contracts... Then we try for our QB. Signing a free agent or two would help, but let's not get too crazy here....

That's pretty much how the Legion of Boom Seahawks were built.

What will we do? Let the QB guru draft his guy again, and flop again.

Great. I can't wait to watch the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In an 0-11 season, when you have so many needs, especially at QB, nothing is comical about it. 

The "let's see what we have" part is comical... It's comical that they hired some clown I'd never heard of to be HC, and let him fill out his staff because he's friends with Sean McVay. It's comical that we couldn't beat the Steelers 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You don’t like my “Cam Newton as a Bengal” avatar?  He’s going to be available. Haha!

[Image: e4b5462298e194ad4e12b3404ce88145--smiley...-faces.jpg]

BTW, what happened to the vomitfest emoji we used to have? I loved that thing. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great. I can't wait to watch the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals.  Mellow

It took years to get here, it's not gonna flip overnight. But I guarantee if they shitcan this staff, and draft the way I just laid it out, they will be more entertaining while they are building it up.

Or we can draft Burrow, and watch him get pummeled with no weapons, and no defense to stop anybody.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:19 AM)jason Wrote: The let's see what we have part is comical... It's comical that they hired some clown I'd never heard of to be HC, and let him fill out his staff because he's friends with Sean McVay. It's comical that we couldn't beat the Steelers 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string.

Comical in a sad and pathetic way, yes. I'm with you. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Comical in a sad and pathetic way, yes. I'm with you. 

Well of course... I was talking about laughing to keep from crying.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:22 AM)jason Wrote: It took years to get here, it's not gonna flip overnight. But I guarantee if they shitcan this staff, and draft the way I just laid it out, they will be more entertaining while they are building it up.

Or we can draft Burrow, and watch him get pummeled with no weapons, and no defense to stop anybody.

Here's the part where you're (theoretically) wrong. Getting Burrow doesn't mean they don't get anything else. At the very least, they get a shot at a guy like Solomon Kindley in the 2nd round. If they trade a couple guys, they're in better position to get a couple more guys in 1 and/or 2. 

They have Williams, Glenn and Hopkins plus whoever they pick up in the draft or possibly free agency. The line, which actually isn't getting anyone pummeled right now, will not be the same next year. 

It is the Bengals, so they will **** something up somehow, but as i said, it's not Joe Burrow and nothing else and we have the exact same shit show next year. 

Teams don't wait to get a top 5 QB. When they're drafting there, if a QB is there, they take him and build around him. 

As average as Andy Dalton was/is, he's in his 10th year. You draft a guy to be your leader for 15 years. Chase Young will be lucky to have a productive 10 years in the NFL and he will NEVER have the type of impact a top 5 QB would have on a team. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You don’t like my “Cam Newton as a Bengal” avatar?  He’s going to be available. Haha!

I just can't wait to see what get-up he arrives in.

Maybe a tiger striped head scarf with white hair and Harry Potter glasses?

He's fabulousssssss!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the part where you're (theoretically) wrong. Getting Burrow doesn't mean they don't get anything else. At the very least, they get a shot at a guy like Solomon Kindley in the 2nd round. If they trade a couple guys, they're in better position to get a couple more guys in 1 and/or 2. 

They have Williams, Glenn and Hopkins plus whoever they pick up in the draft or possibly free agency. The line, which actually isn't getting anyone pummeled right now, will not be the same next year. 

It is the Bengals, so they will **** something up somehow, but as i said, it's not Joe Burrow and nothing else and we have the exact same shit show next year. 

Teams don't wait to get a top 5 QB. When they're drafting there, if a QB is there, they take him and build around him. 

As average as Andy Dalton was/is, he's in his 10th year. You draft a guy to be your leader for 15 years. Chase Young will be lucky to have a productive 10 years in the NFL and he will NEVER have the type of impact a top 5 QB would have on a team. 

Here's the thing though... Who are the top 5 QBs in the league right now?

Russell Wilson - 4th round
Aaron Rodgers - late first
Deshaun Watson - mid first
Drew Brees - 2nd round
Mahomes - mid first

We can debate the names, and who's who, but the common thread here is that none of them are the top overall pick. That's because the teams picking first are such shit shows like we are that they almost doom whoever they draft to be disappointing. A foundation has to be laid first, and we have none.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:03 AM)jason Wrote: Here's the thing though... Who are the top 5 QBs in the league right now?

Russell Wilson - 4th round
Aaron Rodgers - late first
Deshaun Watson -  mid first
Drew Brees - 2nd round
Mahomes - mid first

We can debate the names, and who's who, but the common thread here is that none of them are the top overall pick. That's because the teams picking first are such shit shows like we are that they almost doom whoever they draft to be disappointing. A foundation has to be laid first, and we have none.

But a foundation doesn't need to be laid first. True, none of those guys were #1OA. But that's where the Bengals are going to be sitting and Burrow is the consensus top QB coming out, with Tua's injury. 

They have to draft where they're slotted. Whether a guy is Manning, Luck or Burrow, he's the top guy right now and whether he's, say, the 5th best player on an average big board, it's the situation they're in and they'd be stupid to pass on it. 

I'm going to throw a thought out, just because it's been in my head. Using a real world application, the last 2 games were close, scoring wise, with how crappy Finley played. Does anyone really think that Burrow--the top QB prospect and #1OA due to position importance--couldn't have played better than a 4th round pick like Finley and won the last 2 games?

"You can't throw a rookie QB behind this line and think he will win"...  I call BS. A guy with his talent and where he is projected to go, would have played better (with a full training camp and in the middle of the season) than Finley did today. 

I don't see how this is even a debate. At 0-11 and as shitty as shit can be, as the Bengals have been, six of their games this year have been decided by 7 pts or less. You can't convince me that a #1OA rated QB couldn't have played better than a 2nd round, 4th or 5th best QB in his class or a 4th round draft pick, has played and actually won some of those games, with this shit show of a team. 

Real world. Real talk. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finely has had 3 starts, the last two against completely beatable teams.  The NFL game looks like it is much too big, too fast, and too hard hitting for him.

Is it time to give the cannon-armed Jake Dolegala a shot?  At this point, what could it hurt?

OK, I give up.  Who the heck is Jake Dolegala ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Finley's lack of arm strength seems to be his main flaw.

That, and not sensing the pressure and getting the ball down before fumbling away any shot we had to win. 

The team, as a whole, has looked a little better over the last couple of weeks. Finley has single handedly lost us the last two.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not to mention that Dalton IS healthy and was benched. Also Glenn played against the Steelers...and no big difference.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No big difference? LMAO

They sacked us EIGHT times the last game! C'mon man, quit making stuff up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
After watching Finley play though i don’t think that arm strength is fixable idk if i even want him around as a back up QB next year i say cut ties
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote