Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$$$$$ Spent on Joe Mixon
How many years does Mixon have left on his contract? Love Mixon but we should move on and spend the money on a more premier position. RB is such a commodity where a cheaper and as effective player can be found. Perine is an example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Contract info.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/joe-mixon-21789/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:58 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: How many years does Mixon have left on his contract? Love Mixon but we should move on and spend the money on a more premier position. RB is such a commodity where a cheaper and as effective player can be found. Perine is an example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh brother
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Just about 3 weeks ago everyone was going on about Perine being trash....
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just about 3 weeks ago everyone was going on about Perine being trash....

They're both mediocre/ serviceable RBs at this point. Mixon exploded against a bad team. That doesn't change the fact that he'd been pretty blah before that. I suppose he could go on a late season stat padding run but he's not special... And he does make too much money (not in a begrudging way... In a salary cap way).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:02 PM)jason Wrote: They're both mediocre/ serviceable RBs at this point. Mixon exploded against a bad team. That doesn't change the fact that he'd been pretty blah before that. I suppose he could go on a late season stat padding run but he's not special... And he does make too much money (not in a begrudging way... In a salary cap way).

I have to disagree. Are either of them perfect backs? No. But Perine is capable of carrying the load while also having big play potential. Mixon I'd say is a top 10 running back in the league. Our blocking is what is mediocre/serviceable but hopefully it keeps getting better.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:25 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I have to disagree. Are either of them perfect backs? No. But Perine is capable of carrying the load while also having big play potential. Mixon I'd say is a top 10 running back in the league. Our blocking is what is mediocre/serviceable but hopefully it keeps getting better.

I think you're giving our boy Mixon the home town discount with that top ten ranking.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just about 3 weeks ago everyone was going on about Perine being trash....

Recall this a lot in offseason, but not so much since the season started and he has been running behind his pads this year. 

Do recall a lot of Mixon sux talk 3 weeks ago though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Recall this a lot in offseason, but not so much since the season started and he has been running behind his pads this year. 

Do recall a lot of Mixon sux talk 3 weeks ago though. 

Perine has been running furiously this year. Neither of them suck, but only one of them is paid a lot of money.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:54 PM)jason Wrote: Perine has been running furiously this year. Neither of them suck, but only one of them is paid a lot of money.

Agree and that's why I said I did not recall anybody making the claim about Perine sucking since the season started. 

Actually think Perine should be getting more PT per his blocking is better and should be more of an even split. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: I think you're giving our boy Mixon the home town discount with that top ten ranking.

I don't know. I think he makes the top 10 he might be just inside it there but I think he makes the cut.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: I think you're giving our boy Mixon the home town discount with that top ten ranking.

I looked it up. Mixon is top 10 of any lists I've seen. Not saying he's a perfect back but he deserves more credit than we give him.
Reply/Quote