Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SpongeBurrow SquarePants
(10-08-2020, 07:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL, he's young enough you know he watched Spongebob and probably learned it there.

good sig
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn...at its peak (seasons 3-8) The Simpsons was as good as any show ever. Haven’t watched it years, but it will always a favorite of mine because of those early years.

As far as Spongebob I’ve never seen a single second of it. Which is fine with me. But you do you, Joe.

1-10 was the peak, I'd say; 10-13 it started to go downhill and 14-on it's shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 11:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1-10 was the peak, I'd say; 10-13 it started to go downhill and 14-on it's shit.

The cracks kind of started to show up as early as season 9, imo. Like the whole Armin Tamzarian thing for example.

Don’t get me wrong, there was still some great episodes in those following seasons before it really fell off, but seasons 3-8 are pretty much perfection though.

ETA: The only reason I don’t include the first couple seasons was they were still finding their footing, and the animation was pretty poor early on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The cracks kind of started to show up as early as season 9, imo. Like the whole Armin Tamzarian thing for example.

Don’t get me wrong, there was still some great episodes in those following seasons before it really fell off, but seasons 3-8 are pretty much perfection though.

ETA: The only reason I don’t include the first couple seasons was they were still finding their footing, and the animation was pretty poor early on.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.  That ep was such a giant screw you to the fans it still pisses me off a quarter century later  Smirk

The wife still records it and watches it faithfully and will every now and again call me into the room to show me a scene that she thinks is really funny. I tried watching an ep last year and they were making fun of one or two things things that I'm apparently too old to even recognize, so the show has clearly passed me by.  

But in its day, damn, it was revolutionary, yes sir.  And I look forward to one day pulling out those old DVDs and running through the early years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote