Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spooky Mock
Being so close to Halloween and seeing how the Bengals played Sunday against the Steelers, I felt "spooky" was a nice word to describe the state the Bengals are in.

1) Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame (6'7", 310 lb) - Franchise LT. Experience at both tackle spots. He is especially good in the run game. One of the safest picks in the draft.

2) Derrick Nnadi, DT Florida St (6'1", 312 lb) - Well-rounded DT prospect that I really liked last year, but he decided to return to school. Nnadi is a very good run defender that also has shown ability to rush the passer. His forte is getting push against OL to dominate at the point of attack. His main pass rush move is a bull rush. He could play both 3T and 1T in a 4-3.

3) Frank Ragnow, C/RG Arkansas (6'5", 319 lb) - A versatile, powerful, athletic center who has been very good every year against top SEC competition. He has long arms to stall powerful DTs from getting to the QB and also get push off the line, which this team very much needs.

3 comp for Zeitler) Cam Serigne, TE Wake Forest (6'3", 245 lb) - Receiving TE to replace Eifert's role as a pass catcher. Serigne, like most college TEs, needs to improve his blocking if he expects to be a starter one day, but I like Kroft or Uzomah to fill that role over the next 1-2 years while Serigne is used primarily as a pass catcher.

4) Jarrett Johnson, DE Texas A&M (6'3", 265 lb) - Backing up Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall last year, Johnson had good stats at 4.5 sacks. Now that both are gone, Johnson is expected to fill those shoes. He's done that so far with 3.5 sacks in 5 games. He's an athletic edge rusher with a relentless motor that can also play the run. He'd be a quality player to groom behind Dunlap.

5) Godwin Igwebuike, S Northwestern (6'0", 212 lb)
- Well-rounded, versatile safety that can tackle, stuff the run, and defend the pass.

5 comp for Whit) Deatrick Nichols, CB USF (5'10", 190 lb) - Depth CB. Nichols is underrated due to his size and playing at USF, but he'd be a quality backup CB. He's had 4 INTs each seaason 2015-2016 and 49+ total tackles each of those seasons as well.

6) Kalen Ballage, RB Arizona St (6'3", 230 lb) - The Bengals will need another bruiser to replace Jeremy Hill when he likely leaves in FA next year. Ballage is a big RB that can also catch. He should be able to come in immediately and contribute on ST and used sparingly on offense in a rotation with Mixon and Bernard.

7) Nyles Morgan, LB Notre Dame (6'1", 246 lb) - Solid, well-rounded LB that could be a potential replacement for Minter at MIKE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just curious - where do you have us drafting with this mock.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Just curious - where do you have us drafting with this mock.

Early. 5-10 likely.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ragnow might be the best center in the draft...he’s in the mix.
Reply/Quote
Rangow out for season means he may be avaliable in the third comp..... I would prefer price over ur second round pick... If I'm going dt, I love osu pass rushing dt dremont Jones in the second but he most likely won't be there.
Reply/Quote
You only addressed 2 OL? Blow the whole fuggin thing up and make your first 5 picks OL - IMO.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You only addressed 2 OL? Blow the whole fuggin thing up and make your first 5 picks OL - IMO.

That's how you get Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher and Russell Bodine. 

You take what's there. 

You aren't fixing the OL in one draft. 
We need 4 starters right now. Maybe 3 if they give Westerman a shot and he shows up. 

We knew we needed OL so we took back to back tackles. 
We knew we needed a center so we reached and took the next one following the run on IOL. 

Just draft good players. If the first five picks are all obviously great value/need combos on OL then sure why not as long as they all can play a different spot.
Factor in all the injuries and this class looks worse and worse on the OL
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's how you get Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher and Russell Bodine. 

You take what's there. 

You aren't fixing the OL in one draft. 
We need 4 starters right now. Maybe 3 if they give Westerman a shot and he shows up. 

We knew we needed OL so we took back to back tackles. 
We knew we needed a center so we reached and took the next one following the run on IOL. 

Just draft good players. If the first five picks are all obviously great value/need combos on OL then sure why not as long as they all can play a different spot.
Factor in all the injuries and this class looks worse and worse on the OL

This class is one if the deepest and best okine classes in a long time.... Not good at ot at the top but good solid tackles and inter oline through 4 rounds
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rangow out for season means he may be avaliable in the third comp..... I would prefer price over ur second round pick... If I'm going dt, I love osu pass rushing dt dremont Jones in the second but he most likely won't be there.

Ahh yes, the great pass rushing DT Dre’Mont Jones who has had a grand total of 0 sacks in college. I get where he has a lot of upside, but the Bengals have picked a lot of DL with great upside that never actually reached that potential once they became a Bengal.

As for Price, he’s good too but I don’t see many pass rushing DTs in the 3rd or later so I went with one I liked in the 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You only addressed 2 OL? Blow the whole fuggin thing up and make your first 5 picks OL - IMO.

McGlinchey replaces Ogbuehi at LT.
Ragnow replaces Bodine.
Re-sign Andre but start him at RT.
Have RG be a competition between Westerman, Hopkins, Ogbuehi, and Fisher.
Or have Ragnow at RG and get a good C in FA.

There are options.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And for what it’s worth, my other consideration for mock was Christian Wilkins in Rd 1 and Jamarco Jones in Rd 2. Just decided McGlinchey/Nnadi because I think that combo might improve the Bengals faster.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rangow out for season

didn't know that.  thanks
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This class is one if the deepest and best okine classes in a long time.... Not good at ot at the top but good solid tackles  and inter oline through 4 rounds

Disagree. 
The depth has plummeted with injuries and is relying heavily on a lot of early declarations. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Disagree. 
The depth has plummeted with injuries and is relying heavily on a lot of early declarations. 

The top had but Williams is coming back so really the only one that has faltered is left tackle #1 in Trey Adams.... Still got Williams, mcglichey, bloom, Hyatt,Jones, rankin, okafor etc. Etc. And those are just tackles.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh yes, the great pass rushing DT Dre’Mont Jones who has had a grand total of 0 sacks in college. I get where he has a lot of upside, but the Bengals have picked a lot of DL with great upside that never actually reached that potential once they became a Bengal.

As for Price, he’s good too but I don’t see many pass rushing DTs in the 3rd or later so I went with one I liked in the 2nd.

I want to be extremely clear about something. Dremont Jones is dt1 in this class. I realize that he dosent have any sacks, but he is the most disruptive dt in last 2 years coming out. The reason that he has 0 sacks(even though ik he's had a coupe half sacks) is he beats the center and guard so quickly they roll out right into the arms of lewis, Hubbard, and bosa. But he beats his man right off the snap. His jump off the ball is the best I've seen since I've been scouting(10 years). He has some stuff that needs to be fixed, but he's not a project. He is our next 3 tech I'm, hurt hell be gone by pick 20 at the Latest. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The top had but Williams is coming back so really the only one that has faltered is left tackle #1 in Trey Adams....  Still got Williams, mcglichey, bloom, Hyatt,Jones, rankin, okafor etc. Etc. And those are just tackles.

Williams - JR likely to return to school. His tape was bad this year and if he wants to play tackle in the NFL, he better go back and show he can do it in college first
Adams - JR returning to school
Brown - JR
Hyatt - JR

Hyatt has had a down year. He's been moved off the POA way too much. 
Brown is a waist bender - hard pass unless he shows dramatic improvement. 

McGlinchey right now is the only first round OT I would consider unless Rankin or Jones show up big late in the season but neither impressed early this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Williams - JR likely to return to school. His tape was bad this year and if he wants to play tackle in the NFL, he better go back and show he can do it in college first
Adams - JR returning to school
Brown - JR
Hyatt - JR

Hyatt has had a down year. He's been moved off the POA way too much. 
Brown is a waist bender - hard pass unless he shows dramatic improvement. 

McGlinchey right now is the only first round OT I would consider unless Rankin or Jones show up big late in the season but neither impressed early this year. 

It's already been stated that Williams is coming out. He's a top 10 lock. As for the tohers they're late 1st, early second rounders whose stock will only go up as olines continue to falter all around the eh league... They're all coming out. And by brown I meant bloom. Ur tough rt road grader 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 02:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It's already been stated that Williams is coming out. He's a top 10 lock. As for the tohers they're late 1st, early second rounders whose stock will only go up as olines continue to falter all around the eh league... They're all coming out. And by brown I meant bloom. Ur tough rt road grader 

It has? I don't recall seeing that confirmed already.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I want to be extremely clear about something. Dremont Jones is dt1 in this class. I realize that he dosent have any sacks, but he is the most disruptive dt in last 2 years coming out. The reason that he has 0 sacks(even though ik he's had a coupe half sacks) is he beats the center and guard so quickly they roll out right into the arms of lewis, Hubbard, and bosa. But he beats his man right off the snap. His jump off the ball is the best I've seen since I've been scouting(10 years). He has some stuff that needs to be fixed, but he's not a project. He is our next 3 tech I'm, hurt hell be gone by pick 20 at the Latest. 

He very well may end up being the best DT out of this draft class, but without the actual production to put up, some teams will shy away from him in favor of proven players like Christian Wilkins. If he's taken in the top 20 picks, I'll be surprised.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: didn't know that.  thanks

Doesn't change the fact he'd be a good selection, but I think it helps keep him available in the early third.
IMO there are quite a few good centers better than Bodine, so even if Ragnow isn't available in 3, there should be other options.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote