Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated.....Brutal
(08-27-2018, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....I'm not buying 4-12.  At the worst, I think this team could go 7-9 again.  That's the floor in my opinion.

If Bengals can run the ball at the league average, they can make playoffs.

If run game is like last year, 7-9 would be very lucky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 7 and 9 and several of those games were decided by 6 points or less.

It's the NFL, a significant portion of ALL games are decided by 6 points or less..  The difference between good and average, is being able to come up with those close wins on a regular basis.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Predict Bengals will have the worst record in the league at 4-12.  Said the Bengals made a mistake by not releasing Dalton this offseason and finding another QB.

Thats it, my official prediction is 12-4 then.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Green Bay is the only small market team that gets any love (don't consider shitzburg small market)
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Absolutely 0 chance they are the worst team in the league. Did you see the Bills?

Bengals knocked a pretty good hole in the Bears too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think that lost to Steelers' in 2015 is the cause for a lot of hate for Lewis. 

Pretty much cemented mine.  Though, I hesitate to use the word 'hate' for something as trivial as professional football.  Strong dislike?  Yeah, let's go with that.

What's the book on this team?  Used to be good enough to make the playoffs, even win the division a couple of times, then would come the inevitable choke in the postseason.  Hell, now they can't even do that.  On the skids for two seasons, and Lewis is still hanging around.  

I laugh at his 4-12 because it's ridiculous.  If he'd said 8-8, meh, at least I'd understand.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's the NFL, a significant portion of ALL games are decided by 6 points or less..  The difference between good and average, is being able to come up with those close wins on a regular basis.

Exactly.  The 0-16 Browns lost  games by 6 or less points last year.  Hell, In 2010 we went 4-12 and lost 7 games by a score or less.  
Reply/Quote
Regardless of the record, this team has brought back the 'watchability' factor that was missing the past 2 seasons IMO.

Any play on O could be taken to the house, and the defense looks primed to make QBs struggle. That is the kind of football I like to watch!!

I feel like the team is back on track!
Reply/Quote
This D line is just too good to be the worst team. If the OLine can be mediocre to average, this might be a playoff team. I have a feeling that Andy will be a better leader this year, I’m glad that he’s still here.
Reply/Quote
I understand not giving us any respect after bringing back Marvin, but worst team in the league? GTFOH

Reply/Quote
No wonder sports illistrated is hurting and up for sale.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I understand not giving us any respect after bringing back Marvin, but worst team in the league? GTFOH

Exactly.....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I understand not giving us any respect after bringing back Marvin, but worst team in the league? GTFOH

I also understand writing us off after bringing Marvin bacck.

It is not that they hate us.  They just don't care about us.  After the first two games last year there was a lot of media buzz about Dalton being finished in Cincinnati.  But people who actually look at the Bengals realize Dalton was not the big problem last year.  After that nightmare start Andy played well enough to finish 16th in passer rating and top ten in touchdowns.

It was just lazy reporting.
Reply/Quote
Why even play the season then? Pack your bags boys, were going 4-12 cuz SI says so. I admit I’m a big pessimist but at least I have some kind of reasoning. Poorly researched article by SI. I think 4-12 is the absolute floor. My guess is somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6. After watching a few of these preseason games, I’m feeling a little more optimistic than before.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Here we have a team that has never taken a knee residing in a city that has had racial tension in the past - including riots, and crickets from the media on pointing that fact out. Instead they stoke the flames. So yeah, i don't expect much love from them.

With that said and a bit O Bengals luck involved - they will win the SB this year when even less people are paying attention due to the ongoing kneeling controversy and thus this season will be considered a wash by national pundits as if it never happened at all.

Reply/Quote
My predictions (I don't like to make them), start with previous year. I use total yards for rankings.

7-9 record Offense ranked 32nd in league due to worst offensive line in the NFL + Eifert injury + Ross injury (Just my opinion)

Next I go to addition and subtraction to roster:

32 ranked offense
Lost Bodine, A. Smith, LaFell, Hill, McCarren
Gained Price, Glenn, Eifert, Ross, Hart

Defense 15th ranked
Lost Jones, Minter, IIoka, Sims
Gain Brown, Bates ®, Hubbard Year 2 for Willis, Lawson ,Jackson (2nd year healthy), Evans, Glasgow

Some TBD with cut down

I see major improvement on OL. I see a DL improving due to Willis and Lawson helping rotation. I see a healthy Eifert and Ross a plus. Burfict likely to be a wash due to suspensions.

The floor is 7-9 and my ceiling is 11-5, it all hinges on health and if the OL can get better week by week
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Were they the ones predicting the Bengals to go 0-16 Dalton's and Green's rookie year and they ended up in the playoffs??
Reply/Quote
Who cares?

Really for Andy to manage the stats he did the last two seasons with our "offensive line" those seasons was pretty impressive.
Reply/Quote
Is SI really even relevant anymore?

The hope for the Bengals this year rides on the powers that be getting tired of the same old Patriots and Steelers thing every year and then the Bengals get the favorable calls and treatment that happens for those two teams.

Andy is generally underrated as a QB because he's not very flashy but he won me over in his rookie year and I hope with a better team this year he gets another chance for a playoff win. I'll be watching same as always.
Reply/Quote
Shock Jockeys tend to be brutal.
Reply/Quote