Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports and politics.
Heard Trevor Noah talking about this on Tavis Smiley show.  It is so obvious but it never really hit me before.  Members of political parties act a lot like sports fans.  

-Their "team" may be in a slump, but there is always next year.  And there is lots of talk about what they have to do to rebuild.

-All the rulings by the ref's/judge's are correct if they favor the home team, but wrong if they go the other way.

-The media is full of smug talking heads arguing their positions.  In fact the media coverage and the online arguing takes up more time and energy than a few hours each week when the home "team" actually does anything. (baseball fans excluded from this)

-Even though there is blind support to a certain team there are also intense disputes among the fans about who should be coaching/starting for said team.  Or how the team should change its "scheme" or "strategy" in order to be more successful.
But as a Bengal fan I'm absolutely correct that the league hates them, and they have never actually committed any penalty that they have been called for which is proof of the conspiracy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-28-2016, 03:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But as a Bengal fan I'm absolutely correct that the league hates them, and they have never actually committed any penalty that they have been called for which is proof of the conspiracy.

I actually admit that the Bengals commit a penalty every once in a while.  But when they do I immediately excuse their actions because the other team did the same thing to us.
I'm sorry, but the fact that the officials allowed us to lose to the Ravens when the NFL CLEARLY wants to do everything in its power to make sure the golden calf Steelers win the AFC North and not the Ravens completely undoes our entire season of bellyaching!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]