Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsnaut Predicts Us To Finish 11-6!
Given the fact that we lost to the Jets and then got blown out by the Browns and how down we're all, including me, feeling, that we need some good news.

Sportsnaut has us finishing the year at 11-6!

I realize that health and better coaching are keys, but it's nice to see a respectable website having such high hopes for us!

They go game-by-game for the remaining schedule:

Quote:The Raiders have had a great offense this year. Cincy can match that and bring a dominant defense to Vegas. Give us the thriving Bengals here.

Week 11 prediction: Bengals 41, Raiders 31

We have to be clicking and be balanced, but I absolutely believe that we can match them and have our defense slow them down, especially with them losing Ruggs.

Quote:Pittsburgh hasn’t experienced nearly the same success as they did in 2020. The Bengals are ready to take their spot as AFC North threats, week in, week out.

Week 12 prediction: Bengals 20, Steelers 16

Ben can't throw the ball downfield anymore and I think our defense is fired up in The Jungle and sacks him 4+ times, just like the first matchup.

Quote:New Chargers coach Brandon Staley is one of the game’s premier defensive minds, yet Joe Burrow is far ahead of most second-year quarterbacks. Both teams have a good defense, but the Bengals have a great one. Joe Mixon should be able to run all over one of the worst defenses against the run. In the Burrow vs Herbert matchup, the No. 1 pick wins.

Week 13 prediction: Bengals 38, Chargers 27

Let's hope that coming from the West Coast and playing at 1 messes with their bodies/heads and we just run Mixon down their throats and tire them out.  I hope Taylor game plans properly for this one and doesn't try and throw it a lot to show off.

Quote:The 49ers haven’t had a potent offense, nor a crushing D. Meanwhile, the Bengals have both.

Week 14 prediction: Bengals 30, 49ers 16

I hope we can handle them this easy.  Just play our game and it should be a W because they don't scare me.

Quote:It won’t matter whether Teddy Bridgewater is still starting or if Drew Lock gets a chance, the Bengals will be able to contain either one. Neither quarterback has shown anything to scare any defenses, especially not any as good as Cincy’s.

Week 15 prediction: Bengals 31, Broncos 17

Hopefully they're right and our interior defensive line can start getting a push like they were earlier in the year and make life hell on quarterbacks with our ends getting sacks.

Quote:As long as they’re not playing from behind, this Ravens offense travels as well as any in football, because it doesn’t require a high volume of pass attempts to get the job done. They’re going to be ready this time around, with Cincy hitting them in the mouth in Week 7.

Week 16 prediction: Ravens 31, Bengals 23

It's hard to argue with that but, again, I hope our interior defensive line starts playing great again and helps to shut down the run. They only had 115 yards rushing in the first game and that was in their house.

Quote:Rough. The Chiefs were supposed to be Super Bowl contestants, now the Bengals look like contenders, while superstar Patrick Mahomes has had an up-and-down year. We expect Mahomes to bounce back with a strong finish to the season.

Week 17 prediction: Chiefs 35, Bengals 28

Hard to argue that but who knows?

Quote:Burrow lit up the Browns in both meetings last season, that theme should continue for many years to come. All the hype was on Cleveland before the year began, but it’s pretty clear the Bengals are the better Ohio team at this point.
  • Week 18 prediction: Bengals 35, Browns 21

Burrow owns the Browns!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Given the fact that we lost to the Jets and then got blown out by the Browns and how down we're all, including me, feeling, that we need some good news.

Sportsnaut has us finishing the year at 11-6!

I realize that health and better coaching are keys, but it's nice to see a respectable website having such high hopes for us!

They go game-by-game for the remaining schedule:

We have to be clicking and be balanced, but I absolutely believe that we can match them and have our defense slow them down, especially with them losing Ruggs.

Ben can't throw the ball downfield anymore and I think our defense is fired up in The Jungle and sacks him 4+ times, just like the first matchup.

Let's hope that coming from the West Coast and playing at 1 messes with their bodies/heads and we just run Mixon down their throats and tire them out.  I hope Taylor game plans properly for this one and doesn't try and throw it a lot to show off.

I hope we can handle them this easy.  Just play our game and it should be a W because they don't scare me.

Hopefully they're right and our interior defensive line can start getting a push like they were earlier in the year and make life hell on quarterbacks with our ends getting sacks.

It's hard to argue with that but, again, I hope our interior defensive line starts playing great again and helps to shut down the run. They only had 115 yards rushing in the first game and that was in their house.

Losing the last two would be bad momentum going into the playoffs, but I like the rest of the projections!

WHO-DEY!

Forgot one. The Bengals finish up the season in Cleveland.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Don’t believe anything you read or watch about the bengals until you see the D stop people again
Reply/Quote
I've never heard of Sportsnaut.com
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've never heard of Sportsnaut.com

Thinking it must be the onion of the sporting world…
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:38 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Don’t believe anything you read or watch about the bengals until you see the D stop people again

"There's Fool's Gold in them thar hills!!"

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12342580]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thinking it must be the onion of the sporting world…

They sure seem to like our D. I'm not sure they watched the last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
This guy mostly picks us to win because of our defense which he describes as "dominant", "great", and "crushing".

Shocked

Then he predicts that we beat the Browns by 14 points on the road because "it’s pretty clear the Bengals are the better Ohio team at this point."

WTF

Then when you click the link at the bottom of the page to see their playoff predictions they have the Ravens winning the Division with both the Browns and the Steelers making it as wild cards. So apparently we sweep the Steelers and are better than the Browns but we still stay home while they make the playoffs.

Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Forgot one. The Bengals finish up the season in Cleveland.

Fixed it ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "There's Fool's Gold in them thar hills!!"

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12342580]

Not to pick at nits, but Howard is dancing because they had found real gold.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thinking it must be the onion of the sporting world…

Seeing we'd have to go 6-2 to reach that mark, it's hard to draw any other conclusion.  

I said a 4-4 finish in the prediction thread, but that's just the unbridled optimism in me. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's kind of wild that the AFC North and the AFC West are all 5-4 or better . . . and they all play each other this year.

Bengals remaining schedule
All 3 in the AFC North
All 4 in the AFC West
San Francisco - 17th game added
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Seeing we'd have to go 6-2 to reach that mark, it's hard to draw any other conclusion.  

I said a 4-4 finish in the prediction thread, but that's just the unbridled optimism in me. 

I predicted 3-5 the rest of the way.
49ers, Broncos or Raiders (not both), and one more division win.

This team isn't consistent enough to end the season 6-2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not to pick at nits, but Howard is dancing because they had found real gold.

Mellow
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This person really likes our D.

I hope he's right. Because the last two weeks have shown anything but a dominant or great defense.
Reply/Quote
And an article from CBS has the Bengals with a 28% chance of making the playoffs right now:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-playoff-picture-here-are-the-projected-postseason-chances-for-all-32-teams-heading-into-week-10/

I only posted that because I'm sure if people search hard enough they will find all sorts of predictions on various website both good and bad. None of which I would get excited about or be disappointed in.

As I said after the Ravens game and so far tends to be true, temper your expectations. I certainly hope the Bengals come out of the bye week on fire. But for now I'm not going to be all excited about this team after the way they played the last two weeks.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:38 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Don’t believe anything you read or watch about the bengals until you see the D stop people again

It's funny what 2 games will do. The 1st 7 games I was sure that no matter what happened this defense would at least give us a chance to win. Now I'm gonna have to see this defense play at the level again before I believe it. That's really why I don't have high hopes for the rest of the way. I don't think our offense is capable of outscoring people if the defense is struggling.
Reply/Quote
Quote:All the hype was on Cleveland before the year began, but it’s pretty clear the Bengals are the better Ohio team at this point.

Umm... what? They just beat the Bengals 41-16. The Browns are 4-1 against Zac Taylor, 3-0 against Joe Burrow, and have won 6 of the last 7 matchups.

Not even touching on how much they're talking up the Bengals defense, and even mention the Chargers have a good defense despite having the 32nd rush defense and 23rd scoring defense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:46 PM)The LeonardLeap Wrote: Umm... what? They just beat the Bengals 41-16. The Browns are 4-1 against Zac Taylor, 3-0 against Joe Burrow, and have won 6 of the last 7 matchups.

Baker and the Browns are a bunch of overblown hype.....unless they're playing us.  Oof.
Reply/Quote
Well, it's a real place alright. I'm banking on their prediction. If Sunday proved anything at all, it's that we own them damn Stains!
https://sportsnaut.com/
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote