Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsnaut Predicts Us To Finish 11-6!
(11-10-2021, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy mostly picks us to win because of our defense which he describes as "dominant", "great", and "crushing".

Shocked

Then he predicts that we beat the Browns by 14 points on the road because "it’s pretty clear the Bengals are the better Ohio team at this point."

WTF

Then when you click the link at the bottom of the page to see their playoff predictions they have the Ravens winning the Division with both the Browns and the Steelers making it as wild cards.  So apparently we sweep the Steelers and are better than the Browns but we still stay home while they make the playoffs.

Confused

Well, maybe the bye week was what the defense needed.  They started out the year really well, but struggled the past two week.  7 good games and two poor ones don't a poor defense make, and the trend being after 3 straight road games. 

I have a strong belief the defense will bounce back, but if there is any way they don't have Chido due to the positive covid test, they are going to be really challenged.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Mellow

The animated gif is from The Treasure of the Sierra Madres..  Not to play the spoiler, but Bogart bites the dust in that one.. Nervous See what happens when you watch old movies?

Now, back to the OP.. it is my fervent hope, not necessarily a prediction, but hope that the D was tipping their intentions and the genius architect of it's recent failures has figured out how it's been happening and how to fix it.. I further hope that global warming turns my backyard into a tropical paradise.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
i dont know how much 1 publication thinking we might do well actually helps anything.. But sweet.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont know how much 1 publication thinking we might do well actually helps anything..  But sweet.

There's a distinct possibility the author was drunk as he/she wrote it.. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but predictions like this lead me to believe there's either some rose coloring going on in eyewear or someone may have been a tad tipsy..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: The animated gif is from The Treasure of the Sierra Madres..  Not to play the spoiler, but Bogart bites the dust in that one.. Nervous See what happens when you watch old movies?

Now, back to the OP.. it is my fervent hope, not necessarily a prediction, but hope that the D was tipping their intentions and the genius architect of it's recent failures has figured out how it's been happening and how to fix it.. I further hope that global warming turns my backyard into a tropical paradise.. ThumbsUp

I just wanted a prospector dancing gif.

I don't think I have or ever will watch that movie.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How much Money is Sportnut betting on Bengals to go 6-2 in the next 8 games ? Talk is cheap. My guess is Sportsnut or Sportsnaut isn't betting any money on this to happen.

I would love to see my Bengals Win, Go Play-Offs, Go Super Bowl, Win Super Bowl. I would Love It. The fact remains that they have just lost to The Jets and The Browns and so they have major problems to address during the Bye-Week time. The Bengals are playing Bad football now, not Good football.

If I wasn't such a Bengals Fan, I would see if Sportsnaut is betting money on this 6-2 finish, and I would want a piece of that bet against their prediction.

Oh yes, Neither Burrow or Bengals own The Browns, I'm sorry to say. In the last 7 or 8 meetings The Browns own The Bengals. I don't see the next game being at Cleveland in January off Lake Erie cold as in Bengals favor.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:37 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just wanted a prospector dancing gif.

I don't think I have or ever will watch that movie.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread over something so silly that no one else cares about.

It just happens that I love "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".  It is an excellent movie.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry to sidetrack the thread over something so silly that no one else cares about.

It just happens that I love "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".  It is an excellent movie.

Is that the kind of sugar Fredtoast likes?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry to sidetrack the thread over something so silly that no one else cares about.

Well, Fred, some people will never know what they don't know because they don't know any better.
I watch the Criterion Channel almost every day..  Criterion is the worlds largest distributor of foreign and many domestic films. Lots of great stuff to watch from silent film to modern classics and a whole lot in between..

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:05 PM)kevin Wrote: How much Money is Sportnut betting on Bengals to go 6-2 in the next 8 games ?  

Naught
Reply/Quote
Looking at his thread history, It seems like the op continually is desperate to post anything that paints the bengals in a positive light. Regardless of the absurdity
Reply/Quote
When was this written? How do you call the Bengals the better Ohio team?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Sportsnaut dubs the Bengals a juggernaut !

Of course we all feel down in the dumps about this team after the last two poorly played games with good reason to be so as well.

Yet said before the Browns game that I would wait to see how the Bengals look in first few games coming out of the bye week and not hinge my opinion upon what happened after a grueling road schedule.

Hopefully we see a whole new club coming out of the bye and not a team falling back into the lackluster performances that led into bye week.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote