Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac: Eifert Estimated Next Contract Avg $7.6 Mill
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/market-value/

I think if the Bengals really do think he can stay healthy and want him to continue being the #2 option in the offense, they might be willing to offer around $7.6 mill a year.
However, I think they try to either give a lower contract (like $5 mill a year base) with added performance-based bonuses in case he can't stay healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw a report this morning the he is a top priority of the Raiders to sign in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just saw a report this morning the he is a top priority of the Raiders to sign in FA.

Makes sense when you think about Jay's interactions with him here and John's closeness to Jay.

As for the contract I can see the Bengals paying him, I'd like to see something similar to Gronk that actually gives him a chance to make above that if he plays all his games and less that that if he plays less than half a season.
Reply/Quote
Really rolling the dice here. In the last four years he has played 24 games, 6 per year average.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is like a boxer with a broken glass jaw. I am more of a Bengals Fan than an Eifert Fan. I hope they don't resign him, unless nobody wants the often injured tight end and Bengals get him cheap long after the first week of free agency. If he is still on the open market weeks after start of Free Agency, and we get him low cost, because he is a high risk of spending all season injured again. If some team offers Eifert the mega bucks, good for them. I don't think Bengals are losing much in McCarron and Eifert, not like losing Zietler and Whitworth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:21 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Really rolling the dice here.  In the last four years he has played 24 games, 6 per year average.

Other franchises roll the dice by signing injured FA's to 1-year deals while we roll the dice by using our 1st round draft picks on injured players.  To each his own, eh?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just saw a report this morning the he is a top priority of the Raiders to sign in FA.

In that case, bye Tyler.  When's the last time we won a bidding war?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:42 AM)McC Wrote: In that case, bye Tyler.  When'a the last time we won a bidding war?

Especially with Gruden taking over. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/market-value/

I think if the Bengals really do think he can stay healthy and want him to continue being the #2 option in the offense, they might be willing to offer around $7.6 mill a year.
However, I think they try to either give a lower contract (like $5 mill a year base) with added performance-based bonuses in case he can't stay healthy.

They'll certainly try, but someone will pay Tyler more than 5 mil a year. I really hope it's us. 
Reply/Quote
Let the Raiders have him. No way I'd pay $7.6m to a guy who can't stay on the field. Thanks for your time, best of luck.
Reply/Quote
Would love to keep him, but I'm no sure that the team needs him. Kroft played very well down the stretch last season. Add the PSU rookie & push on.

Eiffert is a terrific player, when he's been healthy. Again, love to keep him, but not willing to mortgage the farm. Great risk & great reward seem to follow him.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:30 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Let the Raiders have him. No way I'd pay $7.6m to a guy who can't stay on the field. Thanks for your time, best of luck.

Yeah I don't see Eifert sticking around here, and that probably won't even matter.  I do think it's interesting that a few years ago Gresham was getting some interest from the Raiders and we were saying a very similar "Let the Raiders have him, we have Eifert."  I wonder if the Raiders will want Kroft eventually and we'll be glad to see him go, too.  Ha.

(03-07-2018, 12:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Would love to keep him, but I'm no sure that the team needs him. Kroft played very well down the stretch last season. Add the PSU rookie & push on.

Nothing against Kroft and not saying Eifert will ever return to form, but it's hard for a 32nd ranked offense to say they "don't need" anyone or anything.
Reply/Quote
I want to say the cap space can be better allocated than on an oft-injured TE, but can anyone here not picture Eifert being a star of a SB run with Jon Gruden?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I know Eifert is a good guy and I wish him well but there is no evidence that he can survive a 16-game season healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well certainly Jon and Jay discussed him and both liked Eiffert before we drafted him.

Better weather, coach with SB, more money to throw. He is gone even if we match.

But he is a gamble anyway with his injury history. Albeit the gamble has a very high ceiling to go with his basement floor if injured.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

lol raiders have to cut guys just to make cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I want to say the cap space can be better allocated than on an oft-injured TE, but can anyone here not picture Eifert being a star of a SB run with Jon Gruden?

Nope. They'll have over 112 million dollars on offense! Man that better be a top 5 offense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Eifert is a good guy and I wish him well but there is no  evidence that he can survive a 16-game season healthy.

I would take a gamble on him being a healthy star than the alternative of Tyler "stone hands" Kroft. Tyler makes this offense so much better when he's playing. For a QB like AD and his short, intermediate throws, he can transform this already putrid offense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah I don't see Eifert sticking around here, and that probably won't even matter.  I do think it's interesting that a few years ago Gresham was getting some interest from the Raiders and we were saying a very similar "Let the Raiders have him, we have Eifert."  I wonder if the Raiders will want Kroft eventually and we'll be glad to see him go, too.  Ha.

Nothing against Kroft and not saying Eifert will ever return to form, but it's hard for a 32nd ranked offense to say they "don't need" anyone or anything.

I feel ya! Just saying that's a lot of bread for a player that comes with serious injury question marks. I love his game, when he's healthy.

I just wonder if we may be better off cutting ties, and using that money elsewhere.
I like everything he brings, but from a business perspective, I would be skeptical.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:28 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya! Just saying that's a lot of bread for a player that comes with serious injury question marks. I love his game, when he's healthy.

I just wonder if we may be better off cutting ties, and using that money elsewhere.
I like everything he brings, but from a business perspective, I would be skeptical.

Right, that's the conundrum.  If we shoot for a team-friendly prove it deal then we are going to be competing with the same deals coming from franchises that might have a better reputation for trying to win that ours does.

We shall see how things shake out, but it wouldn't rock my world view if we let Eifert walk and he signs for $7 million somewhere else and does pretty OK while we roll into 2018 with more than $7 million to spare.
Reply/Quote