Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac: Eifert Estimated Next Contract Avg $7.6 Mill
(03-07-2018, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/market-value/

I think if the Bengals really do think he can stay healthy and want him to continue being the #2 option in the offense, they might be willing to offer around $7.6 mill a year.
However, I think they try to either give a lower contract (like $5 mill a year base) with added performance-based bonuses in case he can't stay healthy.

IF he can stay healthy it would be worth it but that is a big IF.

Still want him here though, great player even if he only can play half the games a year.

Would like to know more about how the surgery went and how he is running around though.

One thing is we should know more about how he looks than other teams so we can make the right decision.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: IF he can stay healthy it would be worth it but that is a big IF.

Still want him here though, great player even if he only can play half the games a year.

Would like to know more about how the surgery went and how he is running around though.

One thing is we should know more about how he looks than other teams so we can make the right decision.

If he could play half the games that would be an improvement lol

If we have the cap space I don't mind gambling with mb's money. I don't think he will be healthy at all but whatever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't re-sign Eifert for $7.6 million a year. He's been here 5 years. Tyler Kroft has been here 3 years. Kroft has played more games. 46-39. Kroft has more starts 33-30. Eifert averages 25 catches per season. At $7.6 million, that is more than $300K per catch. Eifert is clearly the better player when healthy. But he lacks the #1 ability needed for an NFL team. AVAILABILITY. Kroft is a solid TE. If The Bengals are looking to upgrade the dynamics of the position, at least pay someone that can play on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah I don't see Eifert sticking around here, and that probably won't even matter.  I do think it's interesting that a few years ago Gresham was getting some interest from the Raiders and we were saying a very similar "Let the Raiders have him, we have Eifert."  I wonder if the Raiders will want Kroft eventually and we'll be glad to see him go, too.  Ha.

Nothing against Kroft and not saying Eifert will ever return to form, but it's hard for a 32nd ranked offense to say they "don't need" anyone or anything.

I’ll say something against kroft. He’s barely average.

I’m with you. How can people be so flip about losing a guy like eifert.

I’ll take a chance on a guy that can win me games verses a guy that basically a warm body on the field any day.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:28 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I wouldn't re-sign Eifert for $7.6 million a year.  He's been here 5 years.  Tyler Kroft has been here 3 years.  Kroft has played more games. 46-39.  Kroft has more starts 33-30.  Eifert averages 25 catches per season.  At $7.6 million, that is more than $300K per catch.  Eifert is clearly the better player when healthy.  But he lacks the #1 ability needed for an NFL team.  AVAILABILITY.  Kroft is a solid TE.  If The Bengals are looking to upgrade the dynamics of the position, at least pay someone that can play on Sundays.

Ah, this makes the case for keeping Bodine.....

The Bengals screwed up here.  They should have put the tag on Eifert.  Either the franchise tag or a transition tag.  He's worth the risk.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:42 AM)McC Wrote: In that case, bye Tyler.  When's the last time we won a bidding war?

This
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’m with you.  How can people be so flip about losing a guy like eifert.  

I agree with this.   Eifert is a rare talent.   He bring so much to the table when he's healthy, especially in the red zone.   Other teams have had to deal with frequent TE injuries - I think of Gronk.

He's worth keeping.   Start with an incentive based offer.  If he doesn't take it franchise him.

If we're ever going to get to the big show we have to have playmakers.   Letting the guy go and putting the money "elsewhere" for a dubious value is the real waste of money.

For the record I like Kroft.  He was productive and pretty reliable.  But a guy like Eifert is an impact player.
Reply/Quote
It’s not that I don’t like kroft but he’s a good depth guy not starter that gives you an edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:58 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with this.   Eifert is a rare talent.   He bring so much to the table when he's healthy, especially in the red zone.   Other teams have had to deal with frequent TE injuries - I think of Gronk.

He's worth keeping.   Start with an incentive based offer.  If he doesn't take it franchise him.

If we're ever going to get to the big show we have to have playmakers.   Letting the guy go and putting the money "elsewhere" for a dubious value is the real waste of money.

For the record I like Kroft.  He was productive and pretty reliable.  But a guy like Eifert is an impact player.

Can't franchise now. Deadline has passed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd pitch a contract with little guaranteed or signing bonus money. If he stays healthy and performs I have no problem paying the man. If not, you can cut him and all you've lost is a roster spot for a little while.

Reply/Quote
That dude is gone. Upgrade at coach and qb and good pay he's gone and I'm not hurting over it draft a replacement.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:49 PM)3wt Wrote: This

Does bidding against ourselves count?
Reply/Quote
seriously doubt he is going to get a huge deal from anyone. He is probably in an Alshon Jeffrey type situation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
7.6m?

No thanks.

Now I have to find a new TE to take a late round flyer on in fantasy football ( I have drafted Eifert each of the last 4 years)
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’ll say something against kroft.  He’s barely average.  

I’m with you.  How can people be so flip about losing a guy like eifert.  

I’ll take a chance on a guy that can win me games verses a guy that basically a warm body on the field any day.

I'm trying to remember the last time he won a game.  Check that, I'm trying to remember the last time he played in a game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:42 AM)McC Wrote: In that case, bye Tyler.  When's the last time we won a bidding war?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/market-value/

I think if the Bengals really do think he can stay healthy and want him to continue being the #2 option in the offense, they might be willing to offer around $7.6 mill a year.
However, I think they try to either give a lower contract (like $5 mill a year base) with added performance-based bonuses in case he can't stay healthy.

That site says 7.6 mil. a year. Is that guaranteed money they're talking about? If so I'd pass. It also states a 4 year deal at a little over 30 mil. ummm....No Thanks. I wish him the best, I just don't think he can stay on the field. I'd rather they move on and maybe draft the kid out of Penn State.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 10:55 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: That site says 7.6 mil. a year. Is that guaranteed money they're talking about? If so I'd pass. It also states a 4 year deal at a little over 30 mil. ummm....No Thanks. I wish him the best, I just don't think he can stay on the field. I'd rather they move on and maybe draft the kid out of Penn State.

Keep in mind, that is their estimate.  What I think will happen, is the Bengals will make Eifert an offer with a very modest guarantee, and a lot of incentives.  Either he will accept the offer, or he will test the market.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's not about the entire contract or incentive based contract with Tyler Eifert. If he becomes injured he won't receive most of his money because he misses games.

The issue with Eifert is How much do you give him as a signing bonus?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2015

For who?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote