Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac: Eifert Estimated Next Contract Avg $7.6 Mill
(03-10-2018, 12:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Id usually say don't use your cap on an oft injured guy but then again its not like wed use the cap not spend on Eifert to sign anyone whose gonna make a difference so I don't really see a reason NOT to resign him.

Whats our excuse gonna be when we let him and Dunlap walk AND don't sign anyone to replace them?

Well its not like they're going to use that cap and spend big on a guy like Norwell. Another losing season and I cant see both Dunlap and Atkins being reserved to staying here and playing for another losing Bengals franchise, when they can try and get on a team that's actually poised to win a title. I know if i were Carlos and Geno, id take my talents elsewhere and try and get a ring with the few years I have left, because theyll never get one here.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 03:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well its not like they're going to use that cap and spend big on a guy like Norwell. Another losing season and I cant see both Dunlap and Atkins being reserved to staying here and playing for another losing Bengals franchise, when they can try and get on a team that's actually poised to win a title. I know if i were Carlos and Geno, id take my talents elsewhere and try and get a ring with the few years I have left, because theyll never get one here.

This is another aspect of the whole saving money for extensions thing which doesn't get the attention it probably deserves--what if they have no intention of staying?  Could we be headed back to the days when our good players run like hell when their contracts expire?

Leave it to Marvin to lead us out of the dark days and back to them.  Now, I do have an element of hope that the coaching changes might be enough to Marvin proof the team.  And we will need an extraordinary draft  and a first round pick who even Marvin can't keep off the field as a rookie.

And btw, what happened to the Marvin Jones money?  Or the Whit money?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ive said this before on here. Part of Eiffert's injuries have been Andy has thrown the ball where Eiffert has been vulnerable to defensive players. So many times Eiffert makes a catch in a small window, only to get licked by a hard hitting defender. I would cringe every time hoping he gets up ok.
Reply/Quote
I would like to have Eifert back, but throwing 11 mil at solder seems a lot more tempting than throwing 7.6 at eifert. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 12:52 AM)jorev5 Wrote: Ive said this before on here.  Part of Eiffert's injuries have been Andy has thrown the ball where Eiffert has been vulnerable to defensive players.  So many times Eiffert makes a catch in a small window, only to get licked by a hard hitting defender.  I would cringe every time hoping he gets up ok.

That is part of the job description It is common for these premier receiving TEs have a lot of trouble staying healthy throughout their career. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
7.6 for a guy that cannot inline block??? This guy is a liability in the run game. I get that years ago he was a red zone beast and a difference maker in the pass game, but along with health concerns you can't run the ball with him in line up. He literally shrinks your playbook and formations due to his blocking woes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 11:34 AM)McC Wrote: No he won't.  This is just your Bengals disdain talking. 

In fact, I'm wondering if maybe Gruden hasn't lost his touch.  The first person he hires is Paulie G and the first FA he wants to go after has never played a full season or even half the games in his career.  Doesn't exactly scream genius to me.

But, but, but he's GRUDEN! The Midas touch and all and nothing bad ever happened with the Raiders.. 
However , you are correct . He's one of those people who attract the " I gotta be up so and so's ass all the time to feel good about myself"  types ..lol
Gruden strikes me as the kind of person who is expert at passing the buck when things go to shit.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
There's zero good reason to bring Effect back now that Kroft has emerged as a reliable player. Def no reason to spend that kind of coin on him. Extend Kroft, draft a mid-rounder, let Eifert seek his fortunes elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 04:40 AM)treee Wrote: That is part of the job description It is common for these premier receiving TEs have a lot of trouble staying healthy throughout their career. 

It is part of the position, but I don't think Ive seen a TE get licked (blindsided) multiple times in mid air, in the same game, as much as Eiffert has.  
Maybe Im wrong.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 03:27 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I would like to have Eifert back, but throwing 11 mil at solder seems a lot more tempting than throwing 7.6 at eifert. 

I think Solder would command about 13 million per year.  The Bengals could not afford him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote