Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Spreading my OPTIMISM!
1-3 Pre Season, yeah whatever.

I'm not worried one bit. I really believe this team will compete for a Super Bowl this season. I hope they can go at least 3-3 during the first 6 weeks with the brutal opening schedule and the injuries.

After that I think they have an easy stretch of 7 or 8 games where they can really open up.

Psyched up for the season and got me a new hat and shirt in the mail.

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
Rock On
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I love your enthusiasm op! Tbh, I'm a little worried. Last year, we were so deep. If we have any injuries to any key position it maybe a long year. I know it's preseason, but tonight was bad
Reply/Quote
Well, last season we were blessed with almost no injuries and they got to the near end and Dalton broke his thumb. Maybe this will be our opposite year!
Reply/Quote
Our first teamers look ready to roll. I think there will be a lot of time to gameplan with a dearth of available, experienced TEs against the Jets. My only real weak link on defense is Dre Kirkpatrick. I still fear him getting burned deep by someone like Brandon Marshall. Other than that, I think the defense will be Top 5 this year again, and if the offense can weather this minor setback of injuries, they will be more than most teams can handle.

Who Dey 2016-2017: "Unfinished Business"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have them at 13-3 and steelers at 8-8
Reply/Quote
First 6 games will dictate our season. 3-3 is a realistic expectation.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:17 AM)jeremydc Wrote: First 6 games will dictate our season.  3-3 is  a realistic expectation.

The first weeks of the season are toughies. If they can hover around .500, I think they'll finish strong since Burfict and Eifert will be back and Boyd will have a few games under his belt. I won't worry if they are 2-4 or 3-5 though. They were 3-5 back in 2012 and finished strong to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
agree

First 6 weeks will be tough enough to test their mettle and play some close games while awaiting injured players return and newbies to fully adjust.

There will be a few growing pain stretches here and there as well.

Still see 4 -2 start culminating in an 11 - 5 brutally toughly earned record which strengthens that mettle only to kick start their SB run.

Slightly nervous yet very optimistic.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nice thread Ricky!!! Rock On

Completely agree, it will be tough the first 6 games but i agree that we should win atleast half of them. Burfict gets back
week 4 and Eifert might also be back by then. We could really make a run at the end of the season when the sched gets
softer and our weapons start to get on the same page with Dalton.

Should be a great year and with Bodine and Clarke improving this Preseason we might do better than i last predicted
when i thought we would win 11 games. I could see us winning 13 now...
Reply/Quote
I support this thread!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
The last time you gave me your optimism it burned when urinated and I had to get a shot of rocephin and take some azithromycin tablets.

Rant
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The last time you gave me your optimism it burned when urinated and I had to get a shot of rocephin and take some azithromycin tablets.

Rant

I FEEL like our all starters are ready for a run,Jemery Hill is ready to prove himself and ball out,However our backups on both lines are simply AWLFUL.Watching last nights last pre-season was terrible and boring.I feel like a lot of teams have better backups than us.those guys sucked bigtime.Both lines could not do anything.Need to address that with whatever shows up after the last cuts.we need better lineup as backups on both sides.

I do feel really really good about our starters.And remember this we have some excellent coaches that came in and our going to make us so much better.come on sunday!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:53 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I FEEL like our all starters are ready for a run,Jemery Hill is ready to prove himself and ball out,However our backups on both lines are simply AWLFUL.Watching last nights last pre-season was terrible and boring.I feel like a lot of teams have better backups than us.those guys sucked bigtime.Both lines could not do anything.Need to address that with whatever shows up after the last cuts.we need better lineup as backups on both sides.

I do feel really really good about our starters.And remember this we have some excellent coaches that came in and our going to make us so much better.come on sunday!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

GOLD!!!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ricky, making jungle noise great again!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:53 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I FEEL like our all starters are ready for a run,Jemery Hill is ready to prove himself and ball out,However our backups on both lines are simply AWLFUL.Watching last nights last pre-season was terrible and boring.I feel like a lot of teams have better backups than us.those guys sucked bigtime.Both lines could not do anything.Need to address that with whatever shows up after the last cuts.we need better lineup as backups on both sides.

Part of good offensive and defensive line play comes from consistently working together as a unit which is something the back ups lack. Since Duke Tobin has apparently been given more input/control during the draft process I think the overall quality has improved. Some teams have better backups at some positions than the Bengals and vice versa, but I'm not seeing a great disparity like you suggest. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think the first 6 games look as brutal as some say... The Jets? The Broncos don't have a QB. The Steelers are nipples feeders. The Dolphins?... C'mon now.

Either the Bengals are a very good NFL team or they aren't... **** the schedule.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think the first 6 games look as brutal as some say... The Jets? The Broncos don't have a QB. The Steelers are nipples feeders. The Dolphins?... C'mon now.

Either the Bengals are a very good NFL team or they aren't... **** the schedule.

The Jets are a very capable team. Dont overlook the home field advantage especially  on  9/11.
The Broncos are one of the most well rounded teams. We tend to get beaten by back up qbs.
The Steelers game can go either way.
The Dolphins are in  my win column.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think the first 6 games look as brutal as some say... The Jets? The Broncos don't have a QB. The Steelers are nipples feeders. The Dolphins?... C'mon now.

^This.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 12:04 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: 1-3 Pre Season, yeah whatever.  

I'm not worried one bit.  I really believe this team will compete for a Super Bowl this season.  I hope they can go at least 3-3 during the first 6 weeks with the brutal opening schedule and the injuries.

After that I think they have an easy stretch of 7 or 8 games where they can really open up.

Psyched up for the season and got me a new hat and shirt in the mail.

WHO DEY!

Probably 10-6, with some good bounces and avoiding injuries 12-4.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote