Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Spreading the ball around"
I've seen a few complaining about Dalton forcing the ball to AJ, but it was really just the one game against KC where Green was targeted 14 times and no one else more than 5. It must have had something to do with the defense that KC was running because the rest of the year Dalton has been spreading it around as much as possible

Before the KC game Green only had three more targets (55) than Boyd (52).

For the season Green has 69 targets, Boyd has 55, our RBs (Walton, Bernard, Mixon) have 52, and our TEs (Uzo, Eifert, Kroft) have 44. The other WRs (Ross, Erickson, Malone, Core) only have 30.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I've seen a few complaining about Dalton forcing the ball to AJ, but it was really just the one game against KC where Green was targeted 14 times and no one else more than 5.  It must have had something to do with the defense that KC was running because the rest of the year Dalton has been spreading it around as much as possible

Before the KC game Green only had three more targets (55) than Boyd (52).

For the season Green has 69 targets, Boyd has 55, our RBs (Walton, Bernard, Mixon) have 52, and our TEs (Uzo, Eifert, Kroft) have 44.  The other WRs (Ross, Erickson, Malone, Core) only have 30.

I am sure you are talking about me as some of the few. It really was only the Chiefs game, you are correct.

Thanks for the stats Fred. :andy:
Reply/Quote
From what I gathered from the pressers, and articles on the mothership, it seems you are right about what happened at KC fred.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BTW I was not home so I recorded the KC game.

Never watched it. So I have no idea what was going on with Dalton targeting Green so much that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I was not home so I recorded the KC game.

Never watched it.  So I have no idea what was going on with Dalton targeting Green so much that game.

Watch it. Once we got down Dalton forced the ball to AJ lots of times resulting in bad things happening.

Was yelling at my TV screen at the time and i am a big Dalton supporter as you know.

There was a problem with other players getting open but AJ was draped.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I was not home so I recorded the KC game.

Never watched it.  So I have no idea what was going on with Dalton targeting Green so much that game.

I went to bed just after halftime. LMAO

From what I recall, the coverage blanketed everyone, but AJ being AJ, was open no matter what, so Dalton hit him.  Their DBs made some nice plays on the ball against Boyd I recall specifically, but they may have gotten away with a couple holding/DPI against him too. Dalton also got baited into a pick six by a disguised coverage that changed post snap.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Watch it. Once we got down Dalton forced the ball to AJ lots of times resulting in bad things happening.

Was yelling at my TV screen at the time and i am a big Dalton supporter as you know.

There was a problem with other players getting open but AJ was draped.

I did not watch anymore after the pick six, but AJ had 110 yards or something like that in the first half.  He abused them some out there, we just didn't finish drives.  I guess they got all over him in the 2nd half?

Reply/Quote

They had him in single coverage for most of the game.....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I did not watch anymore after the pick six, but AJ had 110 yards or something like that in the first half.  He abused them some out there, we just didn't finish drives.  I guess they got all over him in the 2nd half?

Yep, sure didn't get much in the 2nd half even with single coverage as Sled here notes.

The Corner caught onto Dalton wanting to force it to him and i guess AJ ran out of gas.

Seemed like the whole team did though. Sad 2nd half, one of the worst i have seen.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, sure didn't get much in the 2nd half even with single coverage as Sled here notes.

The Corner caught onto Dalton wanting to force it to him and i guess AJ ran out of gas.

Seemed like the whole team did though. Sad 2nd half, one of the worst i have seen.

It was bad. Real bad. Going into the half I was positive we could come back and that we just had our heads in the sand the first half. Man, to come out looking like they did was so deflating as a Bengals fan. There seemed to be no interest in finishing the game from these guys. Not the team we've seen up till then this year. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 01:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was bad. Real bad. Going into the half I was positive we could come back and that we just had our heads in the sand the first half. Man, to come out looking like they did was so deflating as a Bengals fan. There seemed to be no interest in finishing the game from these guys. Not the team we've seen up till then this year. 

True Harley, i hope we get back that team that came back against the Phins in the 2nd half.

They had major fight, don't know what happened, would of thought Burfict being back would of helped with fire, not hurt.

Hope the players only meeting helps with this and they come out pumped up against the Bucs and play hard all 4 quarters.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True Harley, i hope we get back that team that came back against the Phins in the 2nd half.

They had major fight, don't know what happened, would of thought Burfict being back would of helped with fire, not hurt.

Hope the players only meeting helps with this and they come out pumped up against the Bucs and play hard all 4 quarters.

Agreed. Burfict confuses me with his missed tackles. He's pretty rusty and I'm a LOT disappointed in his contribution thus far. If he continues to play like this once he comes back, I'm all for letting him go. We came into the year with a new attitude. Everything was great until Pittsburgh came to town. Then, the balloon busted. We've got to come back and win tomorrow and start to get our confidence back. Then, during the bye, we need a reset. 

We have to reset our thinking and get back to the confidence we had in week 1. The road to the SB does not go through Pittsburgh. You simply take them out of the equation. The final game of the year really shouldn't matter, but if we don't improve, it will. And Lord knows these guys just have that black cloud over them when they play Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True Harley, i hope we get back that team that came back against the Phins in the 2nd half.

Pittsburgh hangover
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pittsburgh hangover

Pretty sure its more than that. But honestly, you may be right.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty sure its more than that. But honestly, you may be right.

Oh I agree, this team has to many issues to be a serious contender this year.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs were playing cover 2 man all game. Have to win one on one match ups in that case. Maybe run pick routes and bunch formation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote