Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training
We are only a few weeks away from Spring Training. The season starts in 2 months. I really hope the off season moves pay off and the Reds are contenders in 2020. I said last year that I would be happy with a .500 season. Not this year. I totally expect the playoffs and maybe a World Series. David Bell needs to sink that into the players' heads this Spring. I can't tell you how may times a player says the winning attitude started at Spring Training and spilled into the season. Like many Reds fans, I want a winner.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I am thinking 92 wins for Reds. Hope Bauer brings it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 06:57 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am thinking 92 wins for Reds.  Hope Bauer brings it.

Yep

They improved 9 games last season despite an awful start, to put it mildly. Injury issues, a pitching staff that struggled down the stretch, especially the bullpen. The mgr. cost em some games and so on.

I want to see a 15 game jump this season to 90 wins or better. We need Bauer to pick it up. Votto to produce more than 40 RBI's. Iglesias to rebound as closer or find another one.

It's time to be a contender again !
Reply/Quote
Screw you guys.. I want a 130 win season and to see every other central division team at least 40 games out at seasons end.. Even if we don't win a playoff game that would still be awesome.. ThumbsUp We might even be the favorites to win the WS with 130 wins.. What would really blow is to win 130 and lose it all to a wild card team in 4 games.. The record is 116 games by Seattle.. I think we can beat em and reach 130 if every other team just completely falls to pieces. Whaddaya say? Of course our entire starting rotation will have to all be 20 game winners..heck a few have to win 25 games.. It's doable..c'mon! (In my unrealistic fantasy brain of course, but it's my fantasy so screw everyone!)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 01:19 AM)grampahol Wrote: Screw you guys.. I want a 130 win season and to see every other central division team at least 40 games out at seasons end.. Even if we don't win a playoff game that would still be awesome.. ThumbsUp We might even be the favorites to win the WS with 130 wins.. What would really blow is to win 130 and lose it all to a wild card team in 4 games.. The record is 116 games by Seattle.. I think we can beat em and reach 130 if every other team just completely falls to pieces. Whaddaya say? Of course our entire starting rotation will have to all be 20 game winners..heck a few have to win 25 games.. It's doable..c'mon! (In my unrealistic fantasy brain of course, but it's my fantasy so screw everyone!)

I wouldn't mind seeing us up 30 or 40 games on the division by the All Star break. Ninja
Reply/Quote
At least there's 1 person on my personal unrealistic bandwagon. ThumbsUp

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Funny how just about every team is optimistic about the season when Spring Training starts. Then, they play games and soon the losses pile up. I'm thinking the 2 best teams this year are the Yankees and Dodgers. Probably them in the World Series. Hope the Reds have a good year regardless.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 05:38 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Funny how just about every team is optimistic about the season when Spring Training starts. Then, they play games and soon the losses pile up. I'm thinking the 2 best teams this year are the Yankees and Dodgers. Probably them in the World Series. Hope the Reds have a good year regardless.

Yankees Schmankees, Dodgers Schmodgers.. Don't mention them rats on Reds subtopics..  Actually the Reds usually do well when everyone thinks the Yankees and Dodgers will win it all.. ThumbsUp Sprint training is all about blind optimism even when your pitching staff the year prior lost 100 games..

Reply/Quote