Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprint "free for a year" plan
Has anyone else heard of this?

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

I actually just switched over yesterday. I had straight talk (prepaid wireless) and went ahead and bought the Sprint SIM card. They sent it over night. I popped it in and they ported my number over. I literally get wireless service for free for a year, pretty incredible.

I will most likely cancel after the year and go back to straight talk, but so far so good. No issues. I recommend it if anyone is looking to save on their wireless bill.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Sprint would have to pay me to use its service.

But if you're in a place where their service is actually decent, power to you.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sprint would have to pay me to use its service.

I mean I live in Cincinnati. Sprint's coverage map looks pretty respectable, actually. Anywhere where I would ever really want to go is covered. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean I live in Cincinnati. Sprint's coverage map looks pretty respectable, actually. Anywhere where I would ever really want to go is covered. 

That's what counts. I live in a more rural setting (northwest CT to be exact). Lots of dead zones (especially when it comes to data) unless you have one of the big 2.

I also have a friend who didn't get service from sprint at DISNEYWORLD of all places while on Sprint. Granted that was a few years ago before Sprint made a big push.
Reply/Quote
I've heard of "the first one's free" plan used by drug dealers before. However, Sprint seems to be making a pretty bold bet that people will be so hooked after a year that they will be willing to pay $60/mo for what was previously free.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sprint would have to pay me to use its service.

I'm with you on this . I had Sprint service if you could call it that for a year.  I lived downtown Columbus a block from their store and couldn't get service.  They got me to bite for an alleged deal for a tablet for $50 with no contract, but once I decided to switch to Tmobile suddenly that $50 tablet jumped to full price with a 2 year contract. I called them from the Sprint store and told them I was willing to pay half of the bullshit bill if they could get anyone on the phone to authorize it. I told the guy on the phone they had 20 minutes to decide otherwise I was going to take my $500 cash across the street and spend every penny getting drunk.. They didn't so I did. I didn't spend it all, but I never paid Sprint another dime and have had trouble free service from Tmobile ever since.  That was about 3 years ago . The guy working at the Sprint store at the time even printed out the original offer they pitched me then tried to renege on. I've got it on paper and the whole scam. 
I've got perfect credit with Tmobile and can, if I want buy any phone from them with nothing down. 
Sprint blatantly lied to me about that tablet deal and I still have it in a drawer somewhere .
I'd be willing to bet Sprint is gonna f*** you over with their deal... That's their business model .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If you’re over 55 like me, T-Mobile has a great deal with unlimited everything on 2 lines for $60, including taxes and fees. I had been paying just over $100 with AT&T for 3GB of data. The coverage is fine in Cincinnati. My wife was in Florida earlier this year and did have some rural areas with spotty coverage that had decent coverage previously on AT&T. For an almost $500 annual savings, I’ll put up with an occasional dead spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's what counts. I live in a more rural setting (northwest CT to be exact). Lots of dead zones (especially when it comes to data) unless you have one of the big 2.

I also have a friend who didn't get service from sprint at DISNEYWORLD of all places while on Sprint. Granted that was a few years ago before Sprint made a big push.

weird but with sprint you get free roaming so if you fall off their network as long as there is a network your fine
Reply/Quote
Perhaps it's just me, but dead spots shouldn't be in downtown locations on the 7th floor by a window in the middle of major metropolitan areas like Columbus across the street from their own store.  I know...  picky picky picky.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 06:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Perhaps it's just me, but dead spots shouldn't be in downtown locations on the 7th floor by a window in the middle of major metropolitan areas like Columbus across the street from their own store.  I know...  picky picky picky.. 

First world problems suck, don’t they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote