Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever discover a song because you heard it in a TV commercial
I just went to the trouble of looking up a song I heard on a Petron commercial.  It is "Limited Edition" by Hael.  

Turns out her pop techno style is perfect for commercials.  In fact, even though I have never heard of her many of her songs are featured in TV commercials. Like "Perfect Combination" in this Rakuten ad

"Are You Game" sounds like it was written for this XBOX Game Pass commercial

"Don't Stop" in a DSW ad

"Go" for MOTO 4Z

This is not the style of music I usually listen too.  I do kind of like "Limited Edition" and "perfect Combination", but if they were more than two and a half minutes they would become tiresome to me, and I certainly could not listen to an entire CD of her songs.

Just find it interesting that so many of her songs are used in commercials. Maybe she is more well known than I realize.
Reply/Quote
Heineken provided a couple of good ones for me.

First, they had Golden Age by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour:

Then they had Man Like That by Gin Wigmore.  Shortly after quite a few of her songs ended up in other commercials, most notably Kill of The Night in I believe an insurance commercial.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I almost forgot.

I first heard Cosmo Sheldrake's Come Along in a commercial (Apple if I remember correctly)

Reply/Quote
The Man by Aloe Blacc

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Years ago, when I was a young lad, and just getting my feet wet in classic rock, Miller Genuine Draft had a commercial with "Funk 49" by the James Gang on it.  Took me a while to figure that one out during the pre internet days.  I knew it was Joe Walsh singing, but I hadn't even heard of the James Gang at that point.  Couldn't be found on any Joe Walsh or Eagles albums obviously.....by chance, I bought a compilation cassette of some classic rock tunes, and lo and behold......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Years ago, when I was a young lad, and just getting my feet wet in classic rock, Miller Genuine Draft had a commercial with "Funk 49" by the James Gang on it.  Took me a while to figure that one out during the pre internet days.  I knew it was Joe Walsh singing, but I hadn't even heard of the James Gang at that point.  Couldn't be found on any Joe Walsh or Eagles albums obviously.....by chance, I bought a compilation cassette of some classic rock tunes, and lo and behold......

Dude, that is one of the best songs ever. I remember watching golf on TV a few years ago (probably 10) and they played a clip about 5-6 seconds before going to a commercial. I was like, Wtf? I know that song but whats it called? So, I kept replaying it over and over in my head until I was able to remember the song. The song was "Band on the run." I know it doesn't have anything to do with your song but the struggle was real trying to calm the brain because that's all I could think about until I figured it out. Luckily for me, Youtube was invented and I found it and my soul was able to rest a bit. LOL At 1:21 in the video is what they played without lyrics.

Reply/Quote