Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ssstarbucks in the news again
Employee fired due to mocking customer with stutter.

Long live the fight for $15!

http://www.newsweek.com/starbucks-stuttering-employee-philadelphia-1010411

Quote:“My friend Sam who is a stutterer stuttered on his name when ordering a coffee at Starbucks. The barista said, 'Okay, S-s-s-sam.' When he received his coffee, he was shocked to see that his name on the cup was written as 'SSSAM' which was disrespectful,”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
What does this have to do with the fight for $15?

And Starbucks fired the guy.
(07-05-2018, 10:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this have to do with the fight for $15?

And Starbucks fired the guy.

Not until they went public with the incident on social media.  At first, they tried to buy the guy off with an apology and a $5 gift card.  

As for "What does this have to do with the fight for $15"?  Well, it's just another example of someone handling themselves in an unprofessional manner, demonstrating their lack of merit for a higher income.  For example, I just read that Target raised their minimum wage to $14/hr.  Just how long do you think this individual would last there, with all of Target's inclusive HR policies?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-05-2018, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not until they went public with the incident on social media.  

You have no idea when the employee was fired.

How could they fire the guy before they knew what happened?
(07-05-2018, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Well, it's just another example of someone handling themselves in an unprofessional manner, demonstrating their lack of merit for a higher income.  

And getting fired for it.  What is your point?

If some other surveyor gets fired does that mean you should not get paid as much?
(07-05-2018, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not until they went public with the incident on social media.  At first, they tried to buy the guy off with an apology and a $5 gift card.  

As for "What does this have to do with the fight for $15"?  Well, it's just another example of someone handling themselves in an unprofessional manner, demonstrating their lack of merit for a higher income.  For example, I just read that Target raised their minimum wage to $14/hr.  Just how long do you think this individual would last there, with all of Target's inclusive HR policies?

So you want a morals/ethics test to get a higher wage?

I'm not sure a lot of business owners/elected officials/salesmen will agree with you on that.  Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Are they going to close all their stores for a 2 hour talk to correct this?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Well, it could have been worse. They could have claimed not to see anything:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-06-2018, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, it could have been worse. They could have claimed not to see anything:

Only 8 posts in this thread until you bring up a victim wearing a Trump hat.

Obsess much?
The title of this thread is offensive to people with speech impediments.
(07-06-2018, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 8 posts in this thread until you bring up a victim wearing a Trump hat.

Obsess much?

You are the one calling him a victim?  Simply found it germane as they both occurred in a restaurant. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-06-2018, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The title of this thread is offensive to people with speech impediments.

Sorry man, it was a ttypo.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-06-2018, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 8 posts in this thread until you bring up a victim wearing a Trump hat.

Obsess much?

Trump Delusional Syndrome.  They MUST defend Trump...even when h'es not even mentioned.

I might need Sally Struthers to collect some money while we search for a cure.

(07-06-2018, 01:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Simply found it germane as they both occurred in a restaurant. 

LMAO
(07-06-2018, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump Delusional Syndrome.  They MUST defend Trump...even when h'es not even mentioned.

I might need Sally Struthers to collect some money while we search for a cure.

Hmm, that sounds eerily similar to another form of TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Which causes affected persons to blame essentially everything wrong in society today, all on one man.  A guy who's only been in politics for a couple years now, at that.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-06-2018, 01:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, that sounds eerily similar to another form of TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Which causes affected persons to blame essentially everything wrong in society today, all on one man.  A guy who's only been in politics for a couple years now, at that.

Yes the fake TDS you describe recently started by people who suffered from the REAL TDS as well as ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

Its is very sad and as of yet there is no known cure.
Okay everyone (me included).  Stop and look at what we have done to this thread.

Lets either drop this or go back to Starbucks and stutters.
(07-06-2018, 01:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes the fake TDS you describe recently started by people who suffered from the REAL TDS as well as ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

Its is very sad and as of yet there is no known cure.

[Image: 5cd8ad0b023a64cea393166f02548043.jpg]

I'm Alfred E. Obama, and I support this message!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-06-2018, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: [Image: 5cd8ad0b023a64cea393166f02548043.jpg]

I'm Alfred E. Obama, and I support this message!

Wait...people made fun of presidents BEFORE Trump was in office?  Get the hell outta here....wow.
(07-06-2018, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait...people made fun of presidents BEFORE Trump was in office?  Get the hell outta here....wow.

To be honest, Dana Carvey as George Bush on SNL has got to be my all time favorite.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23