Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Louis Protestors Hit By Car
Surprised that this hadn't been posted yet. A person attacked another person with a knife, cutting them up. When police came, they stabbed a police officer, got shot, and died.

But because they're a black transgender, they get a protest vigil blocking the streets? I'm sorry, they stabbed TWO people, including a police officer. That doesn't sound like a good person who needs to be protested for. Let alone blocking the streets and attacking a car that tries to get through. This is clearly a different situation than Charlottesville. Meanwhile the Mayor is supporting felony charges for the driver on social media.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/car-strikes-demonstrators-vigil-st-louis-article-1.3437507
Quote: A man hit three protesters while he was trying to drive through a march in St. Louis on Wednesday night.

The black Mercedes collided with protesters marching in honor of Kiwi Herring, a transgender woman shot dead by police on Tuesday, FOX2 reported.

A man and two women sustained minor injuries, and the driver was taken into custody about one block away from the scene for felony fleeing, according to St. Louis police spokesperson Schron Jackson.

Police said the driver stopped and honked before attempting to drive around the crowd.

The protesters then surrounded his car, slammed on it with their hands, and hit the vehicle with a flag pole, according to Jackson.

Several protesters kicked and jumped onto the car, and the three victims were hit when the driver pulled away, Jackson said.

Witness Keith Rose told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the driver stopped before accelerating gradually through a crowd at the intersection of Manchester Avenue and Sarah Street.

Rose also claimed the driver raised his middle fingers while he drove through a group of people, the witness told the local newspaper.

About 100 people attended a candlelight vigil for Herring earlier Wednesday before marching through the city.

Herring was killed by officers responding to a stabbing in the 5200 block of Ridge Avenue on Tuesday morning.

A man with knife wounds to his face, arms and torso identified Herring as the attacker, police said.

She stabbed an officer in the arm when cops tried to arrest her, police said. The responding officers opened fire and Herring died at the scene.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
But, but, but the cops just killed poor Kiwi, simply because he was a Black trans-woman...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-24-2017, 07:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Surprised that this hadn't been posted yet. A person attacked another person with a knife, cutting them up. When police came, they stabbed a police officer, got shot, and died.

But because they're a black transgender, they get a protest vigil blocking the streets? I'm sorry, they stabbed TWO people, including a police officer. That doesn't sound like a good person who needs to be protested for. Let alone blocking the streets and attacking a car that tries to get through. This is clearly a different situation than Charlottesville. Meanwhile the Mayor is supporting felony charges for the driver on social media.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/car-strikes-demonstrators-vigil-st-louis-article-1.3437507

[Image: 1472098997837884051396.jpeg]
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/squabble-over-barbecue-pit-fire-led-to-neighbor-s-stabbing/article_258e4aee-e584-554d-80c2-04ca91a6450f.html

Heres the St. Louis Dispatch article on the incident in more detail.

Unless the facts change, the cops had every right to do what they did. And holding a vigil for someone just because they are transgender after they stabbed a person in the lungs and then sliced a cop is pretty much lunacy imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Really need to pick better people to fight and protest for if you want people to care about your cause.

Dumber than shit to cause trouble for someone fresh off of multiple stabbings.
(08-25-2017, 12:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really need to pick better people to fight and protest for if you want people to care about your cause.

Dumber than shit to cause trouble for someone fresh off of multiple stabbings.

Agreed.  Hardly surprising since the movement started defending a POS criminal, Mike Brown.  What Happened to Tamir Rice was a tragedy, lumping him in with Mike Brown and a POS like this is an insane disservice.
(08-25-2017, 01:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed.  Hardly surprising since the movement started defending a POS criminal, Mike Brown.  What Happened to Tamir Rice was a tragedy, lumping him in with Mike Brown and a POS like this is an insane disservice.

Thats what i was gonna say. Maybe rally around the little kid who got shot for playing with a toy gun. Or the guy who got shot in walmart for picking one up off the shelf. 

When it is some shitbag... Dont be stupid.

From the video, it looks to me like he feared for his life but a LEO said the driver gave him the middle finger so I don't know.
(08-25-2017, 01:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats what i was gonna say. Maybe rally around the little kid who got shot for playing with a toy gun. Or the guy who got shot in walmart for picking one up off the shelf. 

When it is some shitbag... Dont be stupid.

Amen, brother.  When you defend everyone, you defend no one.  Some people don't deserve your consideration, they brought it upon themselves.  Conflating the victim of injustice with the person whose criminal activity caused their demise is the height of disservice.
(08-25-2017, 12:13 AM)Millhouse Wrote: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/squabble-over-barbecue-pit-fire-led-to-neighbor-s-stabbing/article_258e4aee-e584-554d-80c2-04ca91a6450f.html

Heres the St. Louis Dispatch article on the incident in more detail.

Unless the facts change, the cops had every right to do what they did. And holding a vigil for someone just because they are transgender after they stabbed a person in the lungs and then sliced a cop is pretty much lunacy imo.

There's no reason to put this in with any time a cope killed someone that may not have been doing something illegal.  That's stupid.

But I don't have a problem with friends having a vigil for a friend or someone from their community.  I don't know if the victim was a serial killer or has a long arrest record so maybe it was a community mourning the loss of one of their own.  If it was a march demanding justice then it's totally wrong based on the facts known right now.

Wasn't there a kerfuffle a few years ago because some mayor went to the funeral of a man who had killed someone else?  He knew the family and went there to support them despite what their child had done.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-24-2017, 11:47 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: 1472098997837884051396.jpeg]

Well that seems like a sane response.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.