Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis couple point guns at protesters
(07-14-2020, 11:50 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: For a Black Lives Matter thread we have talked about nothing but two white people.

Quit trying to derail the MEGA THREAD. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got a question:

What is this "peaceful protester" doing

[Image: Ebq5q_gWAAAtrQu?format=jpg&name=small]

or this one:
[Image: EbpUwCyWoAApkT4?format=jpg&name=small]

You can plainly see that woman is terrified.

Well who pointed a weapon at who first? Second, the woman doesn't look terrified to me, she looks pissed to me. Videos of these events would paint a better picture of what happen, rather than still photos that don't show who started pointing weapons at who first.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Is it being ignored? This was discussed at length in the last thread and was discussed here too.

Trump stated this week that they would have been beaten (if lucky) while their house was ransacked and burned, despite there being no evidence that the protest was violent. Whether or not they were worried about a threat doesn't change the fact that they were not threatened and suggesting weeks later that they were is false. 

As multiple people have said, the fact that they were worried is legitimate, but it doesn't excuse the way they pointed weapons at the people as they walked past their house. Fearing assault because you saw bad things on the news doesn't give you the right to commit assault by pointing guns at people. 

Well I had to go read the situation a little more. According to what I can see you have the right to carry a gun on your property, but the only rights you have to pointing a gun at someone (from your property or "castle" as this article was mentioning) is a fear of your life. The home owners claimed fear from verbal threats from the crowd, which could be BS who knows. Personally I wouldn't be pointing guns from verbal threats. No one is going to know if there was any actual verbal threats and only those home owners can truly know if they felt threatened.

I'd file this under they probably have a right, but should use some common sense to know better.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:50 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: For a Black Lives Matter thread we have talked about nothing but two white people.

To be fair, you also focused on them in your response. Nothing's stopping you from responding to my comments on Trump's characterization of minority protestors as criminals, despite no evidence that they were going to burn down a house.

You can also respond to my post about black people being disproportionately shot or Trump's response to confederate flag protests. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:58 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Well who pointed a weapon at who first? Second, the woman doesn't look terrified to me, she looks pissed to me. Videos of these events would paint a better picture of what happen, rather than still photos that don't show who started pointing weapons at who first.

That's a microphone attached to an ipad LOOOOOOOOL

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I had to go read the situation a little more. According to what I can see you have the right to carry a gun on your property, but the only rights you have to pointing a gun at someone (from your property or "castle" as this article was mentioning) is a fear of your life. The home owners claimed fear from verbal threats from the crowd, which could be BS who knows. Personally I wouldn't be pointing guns from verbal threats. No one is going to know if there was any actual verbal threats and only those home owners can truly know if they felt threatened.

I'd file this under they probably have a right, but should use some common sense to know better.

This was discussed when it happened. There was video showing people mocking them and telling them to call the cops if they were scared as the protestors walked down the street. They very well could be scared. 

My original post was about Trump's claim that they would have been beaten, robbed, and then victims of arson had they not had their guns as it suggested that BLM protestors are inherently violent, despite no evidence of these protestors being violent. 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:58 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Well who pointed a weapon at who first? Second, the woman doesn't look terrified to me, she looks pissed to me. Videos of these events would paint a better picture of what happen, rather than still photos that don't show who started pointing weapons at who first.

We don't know who pointed first by these stills, but we do know who entered whom's private property and who was at home eating dinner. I simply asked what the peaceful protesters were doing in those stills. 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know that no protesters were threatening the couple? They have testified they were. Were they? IDK, but I'll not dismiss it out of bias. 

This case reminds me exactly of those blaming the Covington kid for standing still while wearing a hat. 

From the videos that I have seen the couple raised their weapons to the crowd first and I have seen no video showing the protesters behaving in a threatening manner to the couple. Not saying they weren't threatened first, but I've seen no video evidence that that was the case, if you have seen such a video please feel free to post a link to it. I would like to see it. I have my own opinion on that kid from Covington and what his motives might have been, but they are my opinions only.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a microphone attached to an ipad LOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL so a terrified lady defending her home should know what rifle shaped device is being pointed at her?

What about the dude with the ipad microphone that looked like he was making a threatening shooting gesture at the family?

The fact that we are trying to blame these victims is appalling. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a microphone attached to an ipad LOOOOOOOOL

Well It fooled me until I looked at the picture closer! Tongue  It may have fooled that lady in the picture too.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:13 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: From the videos that I have seen the couple raised their weapons to the crowd first and I have seen no video showing the protesters behaving in a threatening manner to the couple. Not saying they weren't threatened first, but I've seen no video evidence that that was the case, if you have seen such a video please feel free to post a link to it. I would like to see it. I have my own opinion on that kid from Covington and what his motives might have been, but they are my opinions only.

Are those videos unedited from start to finish? Also if I call BrownAssClown by name does that constitute a strike?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:17 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Well It fooled me until I looked at the picture closer! Tongue  It may have fooled that lady in the picture too.

Given her handling of her gun, it probably is safe to say she doesn't know much about weapons.

This could have threatened her...

[Image: mic_video_bundle_3_lgr2x__29974.1585863291.jpg?c=2]

Reply/Quote
I'll leave it to the Hodge Twins to explain it.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To be fair, you also focused on them in your response. Nothing's stopping you from responding to my comments on Trump's characterization of minority protestors as criminals, despite no evidence that they were going to burn down a house.

You can also respond to my post about black people being disproportionately shot or Trump's response to confederate flag protests. 

Well I don't actually look at the research and statistics, but I've been told blacks also commit disproportionately the number of crimes that would put them in a situation to potentially get shot.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given her handling of her gun, it probably is safe to say she doesn't know much about weapons.

This could have threatened her...

[Image: mic_video_bundle_3_lgr2x__29974.1585863291.jpg?c=2]

I'm sure an iPhone could hurt depending on how many blows to a persons head it could sustain before shattering. If my history could give any suggestions that would be about one blow.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't know who pointed first by these stills, but we do know who entered whom's private property and who was at home eating dinner. I simply asked what the peaceful protesters were doing in those stills. 

Please see my post #35 of this thread. I clearly stated that the protesters were WRONG to enter a gated community and trespass on the property, and I'm sure the couple would have continued to enjoy a peaceful meal at home if that trespassing would not have occurred. That being said, the home owners stop getting to play the "victims" when they pointed deadly weapons at what looked to me and many others like a peaceful, yet illegal protest on private property. If the protest would've turned violent and the couples lives were truly in danger, i would have no problem with the couple discharging their weapons to protect themselves. IMHO, thy should have called the police and reported the incident, maybe they did, I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:34 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Please see my post #35 of this thread. I clearly stated that the protesters were WRONG to enter a gated community and trespass on the property, and I'm sure the couple would have continued to enjoy a peaceful meal at home if that trespassing would not have occurred. That being said, the home owners stop getting to play the "victims" when they pointed deadly weapons at what looked to me and many others like a peaceful, yet illegal protest on private property. If the protest would've turned violent and the couples lives were truly in danger, i would have no problem with the couple discharging their weapons to protect themselves. IMHO, thy should have called the police and reported the incident, maybe they did, I don't know.

According to Missouri state law (I guess I just read a random article) they are free to point their guns on their property to protect themselves and property IF they feel threatened. Which unfortunately a feeling isn't something you and I can define for that couple. And we don't have enough information that we can trust to make a good estimate of whether they were threatened or not. They claimed verbal threats of violence, but none of that is recorded.

I think most people here can agree that the protesters shouldn't have trespassed on private property and the home owners shouldn't have been standing out in the yard pointing guns at people.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:34 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Please see my post #35 of this thread. I clearly stated that the protesters were WRONG to enter a gated community and trespass on the property, and I'm sure the couple would have continued to enjoy a peaceful meal at home if that trespassing would not have occurred. That being said, the home owners stop getting to play the "victims" when they pointed deadly weapons at what looked to me and many others like a peaceful, yet illegal protest on private property. If the protest would've turned violent and the couples lives were truly in danger, i would have no problem with the couple discharging their weapons to protect themselves. IMHO, thy should have called the police and reported the incident, maybe they did, I don't know.

It's reported the couple did call the police and even informed them that they (the couple) were armed. IMO they were not "playing" the victim, they were victims. They should not be required for it to "turn violent" before making themselves a hard target. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:19 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Are those videos unedited from start to finish? Also if I call BrownAssClown by name does that constitute a strike?

I don't know if the videos were unedited or not. You can call me anything you want, just don't call me late to supper.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's reported the couple did call the police and even informed them that they (the couple) were armed. IMO they were not "playing" the victim, they were victims. They should not be required for it to "turn violent" before making themselves a hard target. 

Hey now. Cops have to get physically tazed by their own taser that was stolen from them before they are allowed to defend themselves these days. Those home owners should have waited until the crowd started beating them before doing anything.
Reply/Quote