Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis couple point guns at protesters
(07-14-2020, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got a question:

What is this "peaceful protester" doing

[Image: Ebq5q_gWAAAtrQu?format=jpg&name=small]

or this one:
[Image: EbpUwCyWoAApkT4?format=jpg&name=small]

You can plainly see that woman is terrified.

I don't see the protestors doing anything to threaten this woman at all. If you listen to the audio you will hear the prtestors yelling at her to put down her gun because they had children with them.

What do you see that constitutes a threat?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't know who pointed first by these stills, 

We know that none of the protestors ever pointed a gun at anyone.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's reported the couple did call the police and even informed them that they (the couple) were armed. IMO they were not "playing" the victim, they were victims. They should not be required for it to "turn violent" before making themselves a hard target. 

Does anyone have an explanation as to why this one couple were the only "victims" in the entire neighborhood.

Usuing the "reasonable person" test to determin if this couple was justified in feeling threatened it is going to be difficult to argue that they were the only reasonable people in the entire community.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really. This protest was not about the BLM message of police brutality. The STL mayor is quite liberal. They were just mad at her. 

Wait, what?

I thought th entire justification for the homeowners fear was based on prior BLM protests. Now yoy are saying this protest hsd nothing to do with prior BLM protests.

Which is it?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see the protestors doing anything to threaten this woman at all. If you listen to the audio you will hear the prtestors yelling at her to put down her gun because they had children with them.

What do you see that constitutes a threat?

Oh geeze...now we'll get sidetracked with "why would you bring children to a violent protest" argument.   Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait, what?

I thought th entire justification for the homeowners fear was based on prior BLM protests. Now yoy are saying this protest hsd nothing to do with prior BLM protests.

Which is it?

I'm saying this particular protest had nothing to do with the BLM message of police brutality.

The entire justification was folks unlawfully entered their private property; I'm further saying the couple might have perceived it as an esculated threat based of media coverage of other riots.

There no excuse, none, for these folks to unlawfully enter this property. Did the couple over-react..perhaps. But for all those that say yes. How many times has a mass protest, some of which are armed, entered your private property and how did you react?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh geeze...now we'll get sidetracked with "why would you bring children to a violent protest" argument.   Whatever

I'm sure those that have been pointing what should not be allowed in PnR2 will quickly point to this.

It breaks about everyone of the new rules.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many times has a mass protest, some of which are armed, entered your private property and how did you react?

Excellent question.

I don't think it has happened to anyone here, but if you really want to know how an overwhelming majority of people would act look at every other person who lived in the same community as the McCloskey's.  How many of them pulled guns on the protestors? 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm further saying the couple might have perceived it as an esculated threat based of media coverage of other riots.

What about the media coverage of all the recent police misconduct.  

Does that mean we are all justified in pulling guns to defend  ourselves against every policeman we encounter?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure those that have been pointing what should not be allowed in PnR2 will quickly point to this.

It breaks about everyone of the new rules.

I'm sure you know there's a red flag with the word "report" at the bottom right of every post. Perhaps you could file your grievance there?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 02:30 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I'm sure you know there's a red flag with the word "report" at the bottom right of every post. Perhaps you could file your grievance there?

Nah, I'm no snitch. I thought self-police was out. How about you, we've talked about content of posts before. Do you feel the post broke any of the new PnR rules? If so feel free to report. You obviously know how. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Excellent question.

I don't think it has happened to anyone here, but if you really want to know how an overwhelming majority of people would act look at every other person who lived in the same community as the McCloskey's.  How many of them pulled guns on the protestors? 

By the looks of things it appears every resident adjacent to the security gate they breached pulled guns. 

Once again, the fact we're trying to blame these folks is absurd. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: By the looks of things it appears every resident adjacent to the security gate they breached pulled guns. 

What about everyone else?

You didn't mention anything about having to be close to the gate before.  What difference does that make?  Are you saying no one else in that neighbor hood had a mass of protestors walk by their home?
Reply/Quote
The title of this thread has been changed to be more accurate as to what the focus of the discussion has been about. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, I'm no snitch. I thought self-police was out. How about you, we've talked about content of posts before. Do you feel the post broke any of the new PnR rules? If so feel free to report. You obviously know how. 

Your no snitch? You let the WHOLE board know you believed the new rules are being broken with your post, so how is that not snitching? I was just pointing out there is a process that can be followed if you have a problem with a post or poster. As far as my opinion on whether the new rules have been broken, I would say possibly, I don't know. I breezed right past that post and didn't give it a second thought, I'm not a mod or Bengalholic so it's up to them. Some might say you broke the rules by "derailing" this thread by pointing out a rules violation instead of using the report function. Heck I might be in violation just responding to your post as this post might be deemed as derailing the thread also. If so I apologize! Ninja
Reply/Quote
If I ever have to point a gun at someone I'm going to try to use that woman's "Im a little teapot" stance.
Reply/Quote
You cannot protest on private property without permission. The second they left public property they became criminal trespassers.

There are laws that protect both protestors and private citizens. If you want to protest do so within the law.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot protest on private property without permission. The second they left public property they became criminal trespassers.

There are laws that protect both protestors and private citizens. If you want to protest do so within the law.

It's really that simple.

But the best I can rationalize the converse is: "My definitely illegal activity made you do something possibly illegal. So it's you're fault." 

It's an absurd mentality. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot protest on private property without permission. The second they left public property they became criminal trespassers.

No one disagrees with this. 

However, many people think pointing weapons at people for walking on a private road is also a crime, and a far worse one. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

(07-16-2020, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really that simple.

But the best I can rationalize the converse is: "My definitely illegal activity made you do something possibly illegal. So it's you're fault." 

It's an absurd mentality. 

For the tenth time.

YOU CAN'T SHOOT PEOPLE FOR SIMPLE TRESSPASSING.  IF YOU DO YOU GO TO JAIL.  

YOU CAN STAND AS AN ARMED GUARD ON YOUR PROPERTY, BUT YOU CAN'T POINT A GUN AT PEOPLE AND THREATEN THEM IF THEY ARE NOT A THREAT TO YOU.

It is not "absurd".  It is the established law.  If you don't believe me then go stand in your yard and aim a gun at everyone walking by your house.
Reply/Quote