Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stadia
Google announced their new game streaming service, but with relativity few details today. The idea is any device using a chrome browser and a google account you can play game live from. The have tackled the input lag and it's a pretty smooth system. I was part of the project stream Beta back in October and got to test drive this. It worked really well for Assassin's Creed, but I'll be curious how it runs with multi player games. I think the minimum network requirements for the beta were 25 down with a 40ms or less latency.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Google announced their new game streaming service, but with relativity few details today. The idea is any device using a chrome browser and a google account you can play game live from. The have tackled the input lag and it's a pretty smooth system. I was part of the project stream Beta back in October and got to test drive this. It worked really well for Assassin's Creed, but I'll be curious how it runs with multi player games. I think the minimum network requirements for the beta were 25 down with a 40ms or less latency.

Its interesting but will most likely take it a while to work out the kinks and build a library...

Still prefer a console personally.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its interesting but will most likely take it a while to work out the kinks and build a library...

Still prefer a console personally.

I think the console will be gone after this next round of new consoles. Xbox  planned for the One to be very similar to a cloud service but pre launch backlash forced them to revert to more conventional model. I'd guess the programming will be similar to PC, just from an ease of gaining traction but it'll be interesting to see that shake out. 

I got to tell you, during the Beta being able to be playing on my computer and then opening my laptop and changing over seamlessly was pretty sweet. The ability to do that with a phone or a TV is really revolutionary to the way we game. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think the console will be gone after this next round of new consoles. Xbox  planned for the One to be very similar to a cloud service but pre launch backlash forced them to revert to more conventional model. I'd guess the programming will be similar to PC, just from an ease of gaining traction but it'll be interesting to see that shake out. 

I got to tell you, during the Beta being able to be playing on my computer and then opening my laptop and changing over seamlessly was pretty sweet. The ability to do that with a phone or a TV is really revolutionary to the way we game. 

I know Xbox has their own Cloud based service coming and a discless console  (like the cheap arcade version of the 360) a discless version of the One-S   for people that just do digital or game pass like stuff.

I mostly buy digital because its easy to see the deals and buy from the xbox store. but I do still like the occansional disc copy for display.

I still hope consoles are around might be the end of my gaming days if not(well still got several years of backlogged games)... I dislike playing on PC due to all the online cheating.  and don't game on my phone.
Reply/Quote
I think there will be a niche for consoles for the foreseeable future. At least until we have worldwide high speed internet connections for everyone and gaming computers/laptops are at an as accessible price point.

Streaming/digital is certainly the future I believe. At the very least, all these physical copies are such a waste of materials.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 03:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think there will be a niche for consoles for the foreseeable future. At least until we have worldwide high speed internet connections for everyone and gaming computers/laptops are at an as accessible price point.

Streaming/digital is certainly the future I believe. At the very least, all these physical copies are such a waste of materials.

Would agree on the physical copies but right now its the only way you can resell or give to friends when your done..

if they would have not backed down from their initial approach with Xbox we would already be able to resell or trade digital games.

Additionally their are other concerns with only digital copies.  (there are concerns with disc as well like they break scratch and drives break or can be stolen)   But with Digital everything is just linked to your account...  If something happens to that account(stolen/Banned) you lose everything where with a disc new account just insert disc.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Would agree on the physical copies but right now its the only way you can resell or give to friends when your done..

if they would have not backed down from their initial approach with Xbox we would already be able to resell or trade digital games.

Additionally their are other concerns with only digital copies.  (there are concerns with disc as well like they break scratch and drives break or can be stolen)   But with Digital everything is just linked to your account...  If something happens to that account(stolen/Banned) you lose everything where with a disc new account just insert disc.

No doubt that digital games should be sold at a discount. Some of the switch's digital games net you extra rewards points so you effectively get a 10% discount or something around there. It's a decent start.
Reply/Quote