Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stadium Rankings
(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You should want it then. Put on your business hat and think of how much revenue is added by concerts and events all year long. Those bring in money from the suburbs of Ohio, Indiana and KY. More revenue means it pays for itself in increased tax revenue also.

We're already building a concert venue downtown.

I don't need to put on any type of hat to know that the county can't afford to build a brand new multi-billion dollar dome.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 03:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bunch of 'flowery' teams. And I ain't no flower. I'm a member of the team galldangit! If the team plays outside, I'm watching them outside. Go inside ya flower. Keep your delicate leaves safe from the mean ol outdoors.

Mellow

Impressive, you go outside and watch all home and Bengals games. Can you send us video of when they are on the road  and when home of you watching them outside? Otherwise, I call BS  Smirk Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 03:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bunch of 'flowery' teams. And I ain't no flower. I'm a member of the team galldangit! If the team plays outside, I'm watching them outside. Go inside ya flower. Keep your delicate leaves safe from the mean ol outdoors.

Mellow

As long as the team is winning or the game is close, I agree with you.
The cold/rain/snow/wind gets REAL noticeable when team is getting beat lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL agree on Tyler! His writing is competent though and while his delivery is super dry, he asks decent-enough questions on PCs.

For Dehner, he tweeted last year, "it's depressing being in this building," (PBS, IE he was depressed about the season, I guess).

So I wrote, with absolutely no snark or condescension, "then why not look for a new job if it's so depressing?" Aaaand he blocked me lol.

Ha! Must have hit Paul on the wrong day.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 03:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Impressive, you go outside and watch all hoe and Bengals games. Can you send us video of when they are on the road  and when home of you watching them outside? Otherwise, I call BS  Smirk Smirk

You got my interest with "Hoe Games"????? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, once inside, it kind of feels like a damn parking garage. It doesn't feel like a stadium until you actually walk inside the bowl and can see the field. I wonder if the fanbase has anything to do with the stadium rating? Depending on what sections you sit in, you can have a pretty lame fan experience, while others is rock & roll.

How many stadiums has you visited in NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many stadiums has you visited in NFL

Just PBS for football. I've only seen other football stadiums on TV.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 06:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You got my interest with "Hoe Games"????? Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 03:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Impressive, you go outside and watch all hoe and Bengals games. Can you send us video of when they are on the road  and when home of you watching them outside? Otherwise, I call BS  Smirk Smirk

Here's me in Pittsburgh:
[Image: Bengals_at_Steelers_MRR_0215.jpg]

And me in Cleveland:
[Image: OKZX55PHKJF3LDSDFIQGA6PG5E.jpg]

Need more proof, unbeliever?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As long as the team is winning or the game is close, I agree with you.
The cold/rain/snow/wind gets REAL noticeable when team is getting beat lol.

It warms my heart to see so many Bengals fans aren't flowers. I'd say it brings a tear to my BUT I ALREADY SAID I AIN'T NO FLOWER!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 10:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's me in Pittsburgh:

And me in Cleveland:

Ninja

Yes, that is 2 games and they play 16 a year. We want to see the video(s) and pics of you outside at home watching games in bad weather.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 10:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, that is 2 games and they play 16 a year. We want to see the video(s) and pics of you outside at home watching games in bad weather.

I would but I'm on my work computer. I only had those 2 cause I had to prove to my coworkers that I go to all Bengals games (but only when they play outside 'cause I ain't no flower). Mellow
Reply/Quote
What the hell are you two even arguing about?

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 10:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's me in Pittsburgh:

And me in Cleveland:

Ninja

I don't believe you've ever watched them in London. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At Riverfront in the '80s it was pretty easy to get a cheap price for a ticket near the top of the upper deck. In November 2018, a friend and I went to Lucas Oil to see the Colts/Titans. He paid, but I think the tickets were only about $28. They were waaaaayyyy up there. That place has a nice steam-punky quality to it. I have not been to PBS, but on TV and from the outside it seems fine. There shouldn't be a dome. To me it's weird that SoFi stadium, where they get some of the best weather in the country, they sort of have a dome.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't believe you've ever watched them in London. 

Here's my ticket (ignore the date on them, they made a typo Ninja):
[Image: sz5eac5n8of31.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: About 1/3 of the league plays home games indoors.

Lions
Saints
Vikings
Cardinals
Cowboys
Texans
Colts
Falcons
Raiders
Rams
Chargers

While you are taking this perspective from a player POV as being wimps or whatever, look at it from a fan POV. Being in a climate-controlled environment removes need to worry about rain and wind, and wearing a crazy amount of layers when it's very cold. More enjoyable experience for many fans.

None of those 11 are in the AFCN.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 03:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: None of those 11 are in the AFCN.

And? There are still some that are in the northern part of US. DET, IND, MIN.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 03:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's my ticket (ignore the date on them, they made a typo Ninja):
[Image: sz5eac5n8of31.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQbDAsLgpSkyTurw_4Pd...Q&usqp=CAU]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The acrhitecture of the stadium is actually pretty great.  The location is amazing.  The size and layout of the stadium is perfectly fine for this market.

The biggest problem with PBS is it has no character, and the inside is a sea of concrete.  They need to overhaul the interior.  Picures, jerseys, displays, paint, murals; take your pick or all of the above.

I think if they just created some decent displays and did something similar to what the Reds have done with their bars and restaurants then that would go a long, long way.

Modernize the stadium a bit and give it some character.  

Agreed.

The location is great (at least for us non locals, we stay on the Kentucky side and walk over for games) and the seats are good. But man it's like walking around a prison in some places.
Reply/Quote