Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stadium Rankings
Didn't PBS win some architectural award a while back?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out of towner (7.5 hour drive) opinion. I come a couple times a year.

Stadium looks fine from the outside. And for a fairly reasonable expense they could really spruce up the inside with murals and a Jungle theme. Thinking like Jungle themed sports bars and etc in the stadium.

The biggest issue with the stadium remains the product. Make the stadium as amazing as you want, if the games are disappointing and the team stinks...well ya know.

The area outside the stadium is really cool. Especially if you're on a budget. A plethora of reasonably priced hotels, bars and restaurants. I ordered three drinks in Covington last trip and it came to 11 bucks. I was certain the bartender made a mistake, but that was the total. Drinks are more expensive in Dubuque, Iowa where I hail from. I travel a bit, and Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky have a lot to offer at a good price if you're traveling for the game.

I like the area enough to have drove 7.5 hours just to hang out for Burrow's first game, and be around Bengals fans. And my wife obviously agreed because she keeps tagging along, with only the occasional complaint that the team sucks.

I've been to Green Bay, great historic stadium but nothing in the area to do. Chicago, very concrete stadium imo and extremely expensive. Everything there costs big bucks. Want to park? 70 bucks. Hotel? 350 bucks. Dinner? 150 bucks. I've worked in Chicago a few days a week for years, and would rather be on Cincy any day of the week.

So not to add pressure to Joe Burrow, but if he becomes the QB we all believe he has the potential to be...well who knows. The stadium might rock on Sundays, the franchise (and county) might invest more in the stadium as revenue increases, and the stadium might be much higher on the list
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Didn't PBS win some architectural award a while back?

Yeah, it long after it opened it won some architectural award r something.  But it's time has passed, and as other have pointed out, it lacks character.  It's like an old, worn-out ride at Kings Island you just want them to replace already.  

I used to see games up the Pontiac Silverdome. Now, you want to talk about a bland place, that was it.  No character whatsoever, just yards and yards of concrete.  But damn, it sure was nice sitting in the climate controlled comfort of the dome during crappy Detroit weather.  

Build a 60,000 seat domed stadium that focuses crowd noise so it would put Seattle and KC to shame. Fill it with all the amenities.  The people bitching about domes will still come, and they'll be warm and dry to boot.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote