Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Changes Around the League
Been monitoring the coaching turnover this off-season - not just HC's, but staff. It's been pretty active. For instance, this morning, the Cards just fired 5 members of their staff, coming off a 5-10-1 record with a brand new HC. Contrast this with the Bengals, who have also been pretty active, getting rid of
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:35 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Been monitoring the coaching turnover this off-season - not just HC's, but staff. It's been pretty active. For instance, this morning, the Cards just fired 5 members of their staff, coming off a 5-10-1 record with a brand new HC. Contrast this with the Bengals, who have also been pretty active, getting rid of

No changes needed. Not like the team went 2-14 or anything.  Sarcasm
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This coaching staff is 2 games away from being elite, have to stick with them.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Hey we’re getting a new LB coach, what more do you want?

Mike can only handle so much change at a time.

Reply/Quote
Very disappointing. I really want a dedicated OC brought in.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:35 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Been monitoring the coaching turnover this off-season - not just HC's, but staff. It's been pretty active. For instance, this morning, the Cards just fired 5 members of their staff, coming off a 5-10-1 record with a brand new HC. Contrast this with the Bengals, who have also been pretty active, getting rid of

cards also drafted back to back #1 overall QBs....   they are not the norm of football operations
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:59 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This coaching staff is 2 games away from being elite, have to stick with them.

oh 4-12 is elite now? 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 12:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh 4-12 is elite now? 

other way -- 0-16 would have been elitely bad ... only a handful of teams have been able to achieve such putrescence.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cards also drafted back to back #1 overall QBs....   they are not the norm of football operations

Rosen wasn’t a #1. He went 10th.

Reply/Quote
Mike "stay the course" Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 01:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike "stay the course" Brown

Actual footage of Mike and Katie...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Nothing at the trade deadline, no even mid-tier coaching changes, do we do anything in free agency? Hell, I'm almost surprised Mike Brown doesn't just opt out of the draft.
Reply/Quote
Hobson already said that continuity with a losing staff is critical to success in 2020.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Hobson already said that continuity with a losing staff is critical to success in 2020.

Go figure "I'd rather go 2-14 with someone new than win 6 to 9 games with Marvin again!" was the one wish Mike Brown granted the fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing at the trade deadline, no even mid-tier coaching changes, do we do anything in free agency?  Hell, I'm almost surprised Mike Brown doesn't just opt out of the draft.

I don't think the Bengals will be active one the first major wave of FAs but they will probably pick up some guys towards the end like they normally do. Mid-level guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Go figure "I'd rather go 2-14 with someone new than win 6 to 9 games with Marvin again!" was the one wish Mike Brown granted the fans.

I still stand by that quote lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Go figure "I'd rather go 2-14 with someone new than win 6 to 9 games with Marvin again!" was the one wish Mike Brown granted the fans.

He misses Dave Shula
Reply/Quote

I'm glad he did. Regardless of how Zac turns out, it was time to move on from Marvin and try something different. I mean seriously, what's the other option...to just give Marvin a lifetime deal?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 03:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I still stand by that quote lol

Me too, hopefully we didn't also say "I'd rather draft a total bust QB than stick with boring ol' Dalton!" too.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 03:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm glad he did. Regardless of how Zac turns out, it was time to move on from Marvin and try something different. I mean seriously, what's the other option...to just give Marvin a lifetime deal?

I agree, but I do wish there was some sort of happy medium between Marvin forever or a coaching staff than has no OC ability.  Welp, on to year 2!
Reply/Quote