Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Changes Around the League
(01-10-2020, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree, but I do wish there was some sort of happy medium between Marvin forever or a coaching staff than has no OC ability.  Welp, on to year 2!

Man, if Burrow is indeed their guy, then I wish they go after Joe Brady aggressively. Make him the QB's coach / passing game coordinator. May not be able to make it happen, but I would love to see them at least try.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 04:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, if Burrow is indeed their guy, then I wish they go after Joe Brady aggressively. Make him the QB's coach / passing game coordinator. May not be able to make it happen, but I would love to see them at least try.

LSU is gonna give him 1.5mil a year to turn them into Quarterback U.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have 4 positions open. So news will come soon.

This is MB we are talking about and he has gotten better with paying coaches not to work in recent time, but 4 new coaches may be all we get.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 04:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, if Burrow is indeed their guy, then I wish they go after Joe Brady aggressively. Make him the QB's coach / passing game coordinator. May not be able to make it happen, but I would love to see them at least try.

There is no reason why that shouldn't be able to happen. He's not even the OC currently at LSU. Bring him to Cincy, make him the OC if the passing game coordinator/QB coach title doesn't get it done and give Callahan the boot.

It's likely going to take the OC title to get Brady. He's on a lot of people's radars this off-season. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

supposedly the Panthers want to make Brady their OC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Lets be honest we will lose any bidding war for Brady to come here as Offensive whatever.

I do believe Zac needs to relinquish play calling, can anyone define the offense he runs and what he did special in 2019 as the OC?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 12:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Very disappointing. I really want a dedicated OC brought in.

WhoDey2 The Bengals have an Offensive coordinator. 

Coordinators

[Image: oqgoplk79vzrlggukmn5.jpg]
Offensive Coordinator
Brian Callahan
Experience: [b]10 years[/b]

[url=https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/brian-callahan][/url]
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing at the trade deadline, no even mid-tier coaching changes, do we do anything in free agency?  Hell, I'm almost surprised Mike Brown doesn't just opt out of the draft.

"It just hasn't been the same since the ol' chalk board days.  Ah the smell of chalk...  invigorating!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.1SKpuiAZyLlwL69rm6-eRAHaE8&pid...=248&h=166][Image: th?id=OIP.93NblWvM9tcq40-ghpRwNQHaFm&pid...=236&h=179]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No changes needed. Not like the team went 2-14 or anything.  Sarcasm

the only thing to change is the mentality.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:35 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Been monitoring the coaching turnover this off-season - not just HC's, but staff. It's been pretty active. For instance, this morning, the Cards just fired 5 members of their staff, coming off a 5-10-1 record with a brand new HC. Contrast this with the Bengals, who have also been pretty active, getting rid of

Actually I believe it has been less active overall from previous year and let's be honest if you are clearing house after 1 year of new head coach what does that say about Arizonas management decision making anyway .
Reply/Quote

Joe Brady just agreed to an extension of his contract at LSU a reported 3 year $3+ million deal.  New contract isn't signed yet but means that it will be expensive to get him

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 11:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: the only thing to change is the mentality.   Ninja

Not even that! The team just needed a whole season to learn!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 07:58 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Brady just agreed to an extension of his contract at LSU a reported 3 year $3+ million deal.  New contract isn't signed yet but means that it will be expensive to get him

And the Panthers spent the dollars.  Brady is heading to Carolina as OC

Reply/Quote