Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford may be out......
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-news-sean-mcvay-shares-terrible-update-about-matthew-stafford/ar-AA10lYAL?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=a097fe436a9c4fb6bfd8c2058ab006fa

An abnormal elbow injury baseball players deal with? We're learning on the fly? Doesn't sound good at all....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-news-sean-mcvay-shares-terrible-update-about-matthew-stafford/ar-AA10lYAL?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=a097fe436a9c4fb6bfd8c2058ab006fa

An abnormal elbow injury baseball players deal with? We're learning on the fly? Doesn't sound good at all....

lot of miles on that elbow by now....  always was putting up a ton of yards in detriot
Reply/Quote
Doesn't sound to good. He's not exactly a spring chicken.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Doesn't sound to good. He's not exactly a spring chicken.

Sounds to me like they are trying awfully hard not to say "Tommy John"
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Doesn't sound to good. He's not exactly a spring chicken.

But Stafford has been an iron man throughout his career.  He has not missed a single game in 10 of his last 11 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But Stafford has been an iron man throughout his career.  He has not missed a single game in 10 of his last 11 seasons.

He may now.

Dude has always let it loose. Great arm and boy does he rely on it more than about any other QB.

As Xeno said, he has been slinging that ball around in Detriot for a long time, like you said 10 seasons...

I don't know how many pass attempts he has had in 11 seasons but I bet it is more than about any other QB.

The body can only handle so much.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He may now.

Dude has always let it loose. Great arm and boy does he rely on it more than about any other QB.

As Xeno said, he has been slinging that ball around in Detriot for a long time, like you said 10 seasons...

I don't know how many pass attempts he has had in 11 seasons but I bet it is more than about any other QB.

The body can only handle so much.

Why not?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Seems to be a non-issue at this point.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/07/rams-matthew-stafford-elbow-sean-mcvay-quote-sleep/

On Saturday, Stafford made McVay and everyone else feel a little bit better by ripping throws in practice and looking like his usual self.

“He threw it all over the yard today, looked really good, felt good,” McVay said of Stafford. “We’re very much on track with what we had hoped and I think you could really see. The ball was jumping out of his hand, making all types of throws, and so I think he was trying to show you guys that there’s probably not many questions you can ask him either based on how he felt in the way he was throwing it around today.”

What makes McVay feel comfortable with the whole situation is the fact that you would never know anything was wrong with Stafford based on the way he looked Saturday. That in itself will have McVay sleeping better at night.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 07:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why not?

He has the 2nd Highest Pass Attempts per Game in the league currently  (andrew luck is #1)
Reply/Quote