Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford to Rams
Quote:Detroit will acquire Goff, a 2021 third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 in exchange for Stafford, per Pelissero.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-agree-to-trade-matthew-stafford-to-rams-in-blockbuster-deal-involving-jare

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876261-report-matthew-stafford-traded-from-lions-to-rams-in-deal-for-jared-goff-picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rams traded up to 1st overall to get Goff, make the SB, and then trade two 1sts and a 3rd for a 33 year old QB with 4 winning seasons in 11 years? Crazy.
Reply/Quote
Terrible move for the Rams; Detroit won this trade big time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is crazy. I get that Stafford has played for a historically incompetent franchise, but betting everything on him going to LA and suddenly finding postseason success is nuts.

I get having a bit of regret with Goffs contract, but unloading 2 first rounders when you already lost 2 for Jalen Ramsey? These are moves that will probably get people fired a couple years down the road.

And if that's the rate for Matthew freaking Stafford, what's Watson's trade value?
Reply/Quote
Rams will win the Super Bowl with stafford. Guy is so good and has been dragged down by an organization that is much worse than cincy. You think we have it bad? Detroit fans would rather be in our shoes
Reply/Quote
Is it possible Goffs thumb has some sort of long term possibility of being messed up? Strange trade, and a nice on for a Detroit IMO
Reply/Quote
So Detroit gets an extra third this year, will have two firsts in 2022 and 2023 and get a perfectly usable QB who either will be the long term starter or a bridge to whoever they draft ultimately? Yeah I think Detroit did well here.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile we couldn't even get a 7th for Dalton.

Both never got a playoff win and Stafford has been playing longer. Kind of shows that the league didn't think much of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Crazy deal for both teams.

I'm gonna say if it gets the Rams into another SB, then it was worth it. I know some WR's I will be targeting in my Fantasy teams next year.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Detroit got great value for sure. But the Rams have a legit QB now. Stanford is much more highly regarded among NFL people then he is among common fans. Detroit just never gave him a competent team to work with. Hope the same doesn’t happen to Burrow.

Both teams suffer ridiculous dead money on their cap. But it seems like a win win. Rams are a better team for sure. Lions got some quality picks and who knows how that will go—but they got good value. Goff is okay.

Edit: I need to just turn spell check off. I spelt Stanford right, it autocorrected (just did it again).
Reply/Quote
Detroit can get out of Goff’s contract in 2 years with 0 dead cap. I think they won this trade pretty easily.

Reply/Quote
It will be interesting, mcvay has really gone off on Goff so if he feels Stafford can get the Rams ticking and the defence plays like it did last year it will be an interesting season for them
Reply/Quote
If Taylor remained QB coach for the Rams is Goff still in LA?

The world will never know...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:20 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If Taylor remained QB coach for the Rams is Goff still in LA?

The world will never know...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tell Detroit we’re listening to offers...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tell Detroit we’re listening to offers...

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Ok let's see here.... In 2016 the Rams traded two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick, a 2017 1st round pick and a 2017 3rd round pick to the Titans to swap 1st round picks to get to #1 overall to get Goff and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

2016 Rams net haul
Goff
4th rounder
6th rounder

Now they trade Goff and their 1st round picks for the next 2 years and a 3rd round pick for Stafford. So the Rams spent a total of three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and three 3rd round picks on QBs since 2016 and they get Matt Stafford and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

This trade has also lengthened the Rams' streak of not having a 1st round pick to a whopping 7 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok let's see here.... In 2016 the Rams traded two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick, a 2017 1st round pick and a 2017 3rd round pick to the Titans to swap 1st round picks to get to #1 overall to get Goff and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

2016 Rams net haul
Goff
4th rounder
6th rounder

Now they trade Goff and their 1st round picks for the next 2 years and a 3rd round pick for Stafford.  So the Rams spent a total of three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and three 3rd round picks on QBs since 2016 and they get Matt Stafford and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

This trade has also lengthened the Rams' streak of not having a 1st round pick to a whopping 7 years.

Perhaps they think it will be a shot in the arm like Brady going to TB?

Better hope it's not just a placebo.
Reply/Quote
LAR basically had to pay Detroit to take Goff and his awful contract. Think of it as a more extreme version of when the Browns took Brock Osweiller and a 2nd round pick in exchange for a 4th round pick basically making Brock worth negative value.. I think Goff was negative value in this trade and probably cost that second first round pick for Detroit to take on. His contract is just that bad.

The good news is the Lions have the cap space to absorb it and are getting a decent to good QB out of it anyway, on top of 3 premium picks (although a first round pick in 2022 and 2023 is far enough away that this trade doesn't really immediately lend itself to helping the rebuild they're currently in).

I would have honestly taken a trade that was just a 1st and 3rd in this draft or something like that, especially if it was being offered by a team in the top 15. But you can't really argue with 2 firsts for a guy who wanted out anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok let's see here.... In 2016 the Rams traded two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick, a 2017 1st round pick and a 2017 3rd round pick to the Titans to swap 1st round picks to get to #1 overall to get Goff and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

2016 Rams net haul
Goff
4th rounder
6th rounder

Now they trade Goff and their 1st round picks for the next 2 years and a 3rd round pick for Stafford.  So the Rams spent a total of three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and three 3rd round picks on QBs since 2016 and they get Matt Stafford and a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick.

Kinda blows the mind huh ?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:50 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Perhaps they think it will be a shot in the arm like Brady going to TB?

Better hope it's not just a placebo.

Stafford is an upgrade, but wowza spending so much to trade a 1st overall pick QB you traded up to take for a 33 year old QB.  Imagine us trading Burrow and two 1st round picks in 4 years to get Derek Carr or Dak Prescott.
Reply/Quote