Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford to Rams
(01-31-2021, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Stafford is an upgrade, but wowza spending so much to trade a 1st overall pick QB you traded up to take for a 33 year old QB.  Imagine us trading Burrow and two 1st round picks in 4 years to get Derek Carr or Dak Prescott.

Yes he is.

Yet there also is great chance for him to take them no further than Goff.  Eh...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 01:17 AM)J24 Wrote: Terrible move for the Rams; Detroit won this trade big time.

Yes, living in LA my whole life... the Rams and (LA Chargers) are my default teams . I was shocked at what Rams gave up to get Stafford...
Yes he is a good QB and yes Id say better (but that much better??) then Goff but worth that boatload of picks, and 2 being 1st rounders?? I think I would have moved up in this draft and selected Fields or one of the other QBS. Head Scratcher for sure other then the owner needs to fill those seats in that $10B stadium.
Unless Rams win a Superbowl ...Lions made Rams look stupid on this deal.    
Reply/Quote
Detroit repping the city by straight up robbing someone. Goff could stink it up for a couple of years ( no one will know the difference ) and draft and develop players to take over the division once Rodgers is done. LA on too much of he legalized grass.
Reply/Quote
Rams going all in on this one. They gave up too much. This is the return I would expect for Watson not Stafford.
The Rams might be good for a few years but I expect them to crash hard after that. 7 years with no first rounder will mean no new influx of talent for a long time. I just don’t see how they can have any sustained success.
Odd because it seems like a weird team and time for them to go all in like this.
I would also look for McVay to leave within 5 years after the talent dries up.
Reply/Quote
Rams gave up 1st round picks for Goff, gave up 1st round picks trading him away.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 01:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Rams will win the Super Bowl with stafford. Guy is so good and has been dragged down by an organization that is much worse than cincy. You think we have it bad? Detroit fans would rather be in our shoes

****buzzzzz****  

Thank you for playing.  Try again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Rams don't have a first round pick until 2024. Wow.
https://ramblinfan.com/2021/01/31/la-rams-future-draft-picks-2021-nfl-draft-beyond/
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 12:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes, living in LA my whole life... the Rams and (LA Chargers) are my default teams . I was shocked at what Rams gave up to get Stafford...
Yes he is a good QB and yes Id say better (but that much better??) then Goff but worth that boatload of picks, and 2 being 1st rounders?? I think I would have moved up in this draft and selected Fields or one of the other QBS. Head Scratcher for sure other then the owner needs to fill those seats in that $10B stadium.
Unless Rams win a Superbowl ...Lions made Rams look stupid on this deal.    

I’ve lived in So Cal my whole life but I despise the Rams and Chargers.
I agree that the Lions won this trade. The only way this works for the Rams is if they win a SB with Stafford.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 02:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Rams gave up 1st round picks for Goff, gave up 1st round picks trading him away.

Like I said, imagine us giving a team 1st round picks to take Burrow off our hands and give us a 33 year old QB in exchange.  Yeow. 96% of us wouldn't trade Burrow straight up for Watson and we're looking at a team that traded up to get a 1st overall pick QB and is now giving multiple 1sts away to get rid of him. Holy crapola granola.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Like I said, imagine us giving a team 1st round picks to take Burrow off our hands and give us a 33 year old QB in exchange.  Yeow.  96% of us wouldn't trade Burrow straight up for Watson and we're looking at a team that traded up to get a 1st overall pick QB and is now giving multiple 1sts away to get rid of him.  Holy crapola granola.

Can't imagine some of the stuff this team has done over the past decades To be fair, the Bengals 1st round picks do tend to be of great position.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Stafford is an upgrade, but wowza spending so much to trade a 1st overall pick QB you traded up to take for a 33 year old QB.  Imagine us trading Burrow and two 1st round picks in 4 years to get Derek Carr or Dak Prescott.

Not quite the same. This is a lot about unloading Goff's unfavorable contract (100 mil plus). 

If Tampa Bay is an example of good going all in, LA is the opposite. In the past couple of years they have traded away massive draft capital to try and keep their Superbowl window open. But sooner than the team would probably like to imagine Ramsey won't be the same shutdown corner, Donald won't be the best defensive player in the league and Stafford (still won't) be Tom Brady at 35 years plus. 

If the Rams don't win the Superbowl in the next two years, this is a massive failure of a trade.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:01 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not quite the same. This is a lot about unloading Goff's unfavorable contract (100 mil plus). 

If Burrow gets us to the SB in his 3rd year he's going to get a Mahommes-sized contract, ain't he?
Reply/Quote
Big win for Detroit, very smart to move him. Extremely high risk for the Rams giving up that much. They went all in and decided to do so with Stafford which is shocking to me.
Reply/Quote
Detroit wins here IF their scouts and front office do their jobs right, as they finally have the cache of picks needed to reload the roster the right way.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 06:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Detroit wins here IF their scouts and front office do their jobs right, as they finally have the cache of picks needed to reload the roster the right way.

My take as well. I could easily see Detroit messing up those picks. Them winning the trade is contingent on making successful picks. Goff is an average QB at best. The Rams will be contending for Super Bowls the next few years for sure. That will turn the picks into late 1st rounders. The Rams are sacrificing their future for sure. But they are much better with Stafford compared to Goff.

I do agree with others though: the Rams need to win a super bowl for this to be a success. Can’t fault them for trying at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 07:14 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: My take as well. I could easily see Detroit messing up those picks. Them winning the trade is contingent on making successful picks. Goff is an average QB at best. The Rams will be contending for Super Bowls the next few years for sure. That will turn the picks into late 1st rounders. The Rams are sacrificing their future for sure. But they are much better with Stafford compared to Goff.

I do agree with others though: the Rams need to win a super bowl for this to be a success. Can’t fault them for trying at all.

right but they only invested 2 years in Geoff while getting 2 extra 1st round picks....  2 years gives them time to build the pieces around the QB they have before finding a QB of the future if Geoff isnt it

Or they could extend him a few years to spread that cap it around if he would agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 12:51 PM)Destro Wrote: Detroit repping the city by straight up robbing someone. Goff could stink it up for a couple of years ( no one will know the difference ) and draft and develop players to take over the division once Rodgers is done. LA on too much of he legalized grass.

McVay's Seat i getting hotter i think.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 02:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Rams gave up 1st round picks for Goff, gave up 1st round picks trading him away.

And  to add on signed Goff to an extension then trade him . The coach and gm should be fired if they dont win division and minimum get to the NFC championship after this move.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow gets us to the SB in his 3rd year he's going to get a Mahommes-sized contract, ain't he?

Who the hell wants to spend that kind of money on a QB with a bad knee? Ninja

Reply/Quote
This will be really fascinating to see play out.

I'm curious as hell now to see exactly how much McVay elevated Goff's play, and how much Detroit lowered Stafford's.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote