Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standing Predictions
(06-30-2017, 10:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We still put together an ok season even with Hill blowing, and who knew that he'd suddenly forget how to run hard?

Well, you certainly didn't.  That was my point.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2017, 06:52 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, you certainly didn't.  That was my point.  

It was unlikely and unpredictable. That was my point.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2017, 12:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was unlikely and unpredictable. That was my point.

Ah, but this time you can't go wrong - is that it? 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2017, 03:05 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ah, but this time you can't go wrong - is that it? 

It's highly unlikely that a good running back suddenly forgets how to run again.

Hill also had fumbling problems and then made the stupid mistake of not covering the ball with two hands in the playoff game and just diving to the ground.

All of those things considered, yes, it does seem almost impossible to go wrong.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Ravens have done enough to make them contenders. I don't think the Bengals have either.

1. Steelers (10-12 wins)
2/3. Ravens/Bengals (6-9 wins)
4. Cleveland (3-5 wins)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2017, 03:05 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ah, but this time you can't go wrong - is that it? 

Not to pile on fans of my own team, but I have to say the 2015 season was quite amazing.  Going into it we were convinced the secret to success was handing the ball to Hill constantly.  Fast forward to the end of that playoff game and the general consensus was handing the ball to Hill was quite obviously THE reason we lost.

I've just never seen an off-season narrative blow up so amazingly.  

Hill went from being certain success to being certain failure.  Man oh man.  Welp, Mixion might be what we thought Hill was.  Ida know.  I have a bad feeling about hoping a rookie is going to not only be great, but turn the decades-long tide of futility against a division rival for us.  Hope springs eternal!
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to pile on fans of my own team, but I have to say the 2015 season was quite amazing.  Going into it we were convinced the secret to success was handing the ball to Hill constantly.  Fast forward to the end of that playoff game and the general consensus was handing the ball to Hill was quite obviously THE reason we lost.

I've just never seen an off-season narrative blow up so amazingly.  

Hill went from being certain success to being certain failure.  Man oh man.  Welp, Mixion might be what we thought Hill was.  Ida know.  I have a bad feeling about hoping a rookie is going to not only be great, but turn the decades-long tide of futility against a division rival for us.  Hope springs eternal!

See, that's just it - Hill at least gave you some indication that he'd be good at the NFL level.  Mix on may very well be everything Brad thinks he will be, but if you can be wrong about Hill, you can be wrong about him too.   I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 05:08 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I think we should be hoping the Cinci has some success soon. They are approaching their 30th. year of futility. This is around the time the league encourages an owner to move the team to a different city. Columbus Bengals?

Mexico City Bengals. Mike Brown's love of cheap labor and keeping things in the family would be better suited there.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 06:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: See, that's just it - Hill at least gave you some indication that he'd be good at the NFL level.  Mix on may very well be everything Brad thinks he will be, but if you can be wrong about Hill, you can be wrong about him too.   I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  

Yep, we shall see.  It's just reaching for smack talk when you have to bring up the prospect of a guy who hasn't even played in the NFL yet being THE reason the tide is going to turn.  You may as well just say that TJ Watt is going to sack Dalton 6 times per game.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, we shall see.  It's just reaching for smack talk when you have to bring up the prospect of a guy who hasn't even played in the NFL yet being THE reason the tide is going to turn.  You may as well just say that TJ Watt is going to sack Dalton 6 times per game.

If what Bengal fans have written about worrying about the O-line that might be a possibility!   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would guess it this way:

Cincinnati/Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland

Your likely to win the 1st contest.

The Steelers are likely to win both contests, they usually do.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 11:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: The Steelers are likely to win both contests, they usually do.

We beat the ravens, the ravens beat the steelers, the steelers beat us, and everybody beats the browns....that's how the AFCN rolls.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 10:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think the Ravens have done enough to make them contenders. I don't think the Bengals have either.

1. Steelers (10-12 wins)
2/3. Ravens/Bengals (6-9 wins)
4. Cleveland (3-5 wins)

You're really selling Baltimore short.

They're rarely bad 2 years in a row, and they were in the playoff race till the end.
Reply/Quote
Balt/Pitt

Cleveland.

Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 12:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You're really selling Baltimore short.

They're rarely bad 2 years in a row, and they were in the playoff race till the end.

If I expect less, I won't be let down if they do bad, but if they do well, I'll be excited 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
1 - Bengals win atleast 11 games, 13 if the O-line plays well, splits with the Steelers.
2 - Steelers 10-6
3 - Ravens 8-8
4 - Browns 5-11
Reply/Quote
You want my prediction? Here it is.

1 Cincy- wins the division going away
2. Ratbirds- comes in 2 with 8-9 wins.
3. Brownies- in a surprise twist the Browns steal 3rd place with 7-8 wins this year.
4. SteAlers- 2-3 wins max. They are old and warshed up. Pig Pen gets beat up early and often. Defenses get wise to A Brown's game and shut him down. And Bell is a no show. Their defense keeps them in games but without the help of the men in stripes this year, their offense gets exposed.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2017, 07:13 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Your right about one thing Brad. All this speculation and high hopes goes out the window if injuries happen to key players. It seems to hit our times hard. One team that seems to overcome that stuff is the Patriots. I don't know how they do it.

Give the refs more money.....
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote