Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stands looked empty
Saw on TV during the game last night that the upper half of the stadium looked pretty empty. How was the atmosphere last night? I couldnt make it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Atmosphere was great. There were only a couple of small pockets of seats that were empty at the very top of the stadium.
Reply/Quote
Did they ever announce a sellout? I can't remember.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No. I think the announced crowd was in the 61,000 range.
Reply/Quote
At one point a good chunk of the crowd booed our offense off of the field, if that gives you any indication. The crowd made some noise on defense, but, it wasn't a pleasant game to sit through, even before the game-ending fumble.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It always looks weird on tv because you often see the club level skewing things. Club level always looks deserted because everyone's inside.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:39 PM)gobobro Wrote: It always looks weird on tv because you often see the club level skewing things. Club level always looks deserted because everyone's inside.

Many clube seats are just unsold, more so on the visitor's side, which the cameras are pointing toward during gameplay. That's why it looks empty. I went in (on the home side) with a few minutes left in the half and while there were a few folks milling about, I'd wager 95% were outside watching the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: At one point a good chunk of the crowd booed our offense off of the field, if that gives you any indication.  The crowd made some noise on defense, but, it wasn't a pleasant game to sit through, even before the game-ending fumble.

I honestly cant blame them for booing. What a craptastic performance. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:04 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Saw on TV during the game last night that the upper half of the stadium looked pretty empty. How was the atmosphere last night? I couldnt make it.

It was packed, and it was loud....until the sleepwalking Bengals did absolutely nothing (at least on offense) to thank the home team for the support. 

I flew in my brother from Boston for his birthday for the weekend.  The lager house and the game were the icing on the cake....no one told me it was going to be made of crap.  Such a disappointment.  Horrible gameplan, effort, execution, and overall demeanor on offense.  What a pile of crap.

Lucy pulled the football away again, and all the "fringe" fans just went flying through the air yelling AAAAARGH!  

I am not a fringe fan.  They are my team no matter what, but that was a pathetic excuse for an effort.  I hope they get the ever loving hell beat out of them in this weeks practices.  I don't give a shit if they are tired for the next game.  This team either finds out how to toughen up or will be doomed to fail again in the postseason.  
Reply/Quote
I honestly cant remember the last time the stadium looked fully packed. Maybe 2005 playoff game? Anyways I saw there were about 4000 seats not sold for last nights game. Imo for an 8-0 team on MNF, that is kinda sad actually. Many fans just cant let go the past I guess.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I honestly cant remember the last time the stadium looked fully packed. Maybe 2005 playoff game? Anyways I saw there were about 4000 seats not sold for last nights game. Imo for an 8-0 team on MNF, that is kinda sad actually. Many fans just cant let go the past I guess.

The Cleveland game looked pretty full, more so that in recent memory. The club level that night seemed to have more people in it than usual.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lucy pulled the football away again, and all the "fringe" fans just went flying through the air yelling AAAAARGH!  

I am not a fringe fan. 

Actually you are a poster boy for the "fringe fans".

You ignore all the great games they have played this year and claim that they "have no heart" just because they play one poor game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you are a poster boy for the "fringe fans".

You ignore all the great games they have played this year and claim that they "have no heart" just because they play one poor game. 

You defining me?  That's rich.  If you are going to quote me, I would suggest you actually quote what I typed:

"They are a very talented group that doesn't have much heart.  You can see what Burfict has done to the defense....30 points allowed in 3 games.  There is no such heart on the offense.  They are a lot of vanilla ho-hums that don't have any fire in their belly"

If you read any more of the post, you would also see that it wasn't just the fact that they lost one game, it was the manner in which the offense played in a Nationally televised game at home.  

I became a season ticket holder with 4 PSLs ever since the new stadium opened.  I didn't buy a car, jet skis, a boat, etc.  The very first thing I bought when I got a job after college was season tickets to the Bengals.  I have been rooting for this team since I was old enough to stand.  I have been at games where it was 10 degrees below zero and the team was 2-13.  Don't you ever call me a fringe fan, dumbass.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You defining me?  That's rich.  If you are going to quote me, I would suggest you actually quote what I typed:

"They are a very talented group that doesn't have much heart.  You can see what Burfict has done to the defense....30 points allowed in 3 games.  There is no such heart on the offense.  They are a lot of vanilla ho-hums that don't have any fire in their belly"

If you read any more of the post, you would also see that it wasn't just the fact that they lost one game, it was the manner in which the offense played in a Nationally televised game at home.  

I became a season ticket holder with 4 PSLs ever since the new stadium opened.  I didn't buy a car, jet skis, a boat, etc.  The very first thing I bought when I got a job after college was season tickets to the Bengals.  I have been rooting for this team since I was old enough to stand.  I have been at games where it was 10 degrees below zero and the team was 2-13.  Don't you ever call me a fringe fan, dumbass.  

Fred will claim he never said this, even after you post the link multiple times, and then he'll change his tune to saying that you must not understand sarcasm, as if being sarcastic in that instance made any sense.

Stands did look empty, especially in the very top parts where there was no one.  We were all going nuts and I was screaming and sounding like Chewbacca, but I wanted to hang myself when our "fans" started booing.  Who the hell does that help?  It just gives our team a dark cloud over their heads.

I wish Marvin would pull a Sam Wyche, pick-up a microphone, and say "every team has its ups and downs, so stop booing, and pull for this team, YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I became a season ticket holder with 4 PSLs ever since the new stadium opened.  I didn't buy a car, jet skis, a boat, etc.  The very first thing I bought when I got a job after college was season tickets to the Bengals.  I have been rooting for this team since I was old enough to stand.  I have been at games where it was 10 degrees below zero and the team was 2-13.  Don't you ever call me a fringe fan, dumbass.  

[Image: booyah.gif?w=395&h=200]
Reply/Quote