Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
The best time of the year is upon us. Is it Wednesday yet?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’m looking forward to CGY/COL (Johnny Hockey vs MacKinnon).

It’s also going to take a miracle for CBJ to get that elusive first ever playoff series win having to go up against TB. The Lightning look so much better than everyone else it’s ridiculous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 12:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m looking forward to CGY/COL (Johnny Hockey vs MacKinnon).

It’s also going to take a miracle for CBJ to get that elusive first ever playoff series win having to go up against TB. The Lightning look so much better than everyone else it’s ridiculous.

That's all the press has been telling us. I think CBJ come to play and oust the Lightning from the playoffs!!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 06:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's all the press has been telling us. I think CBJ come to play and oust the Lightning from the playoffs!!

I hope not. I hate John Tortorella with a passion.

Reply/Quote
My team (Devils) just won the lottery for the #1OA pick for the 2nd time in three years. I’m ecstatic right now!

Reply/Quote
Damn CBJ score 4 straight to overcome a 3-0 deficit.

TB really blew this one.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn CBJ score 4 straight to overcome a 3-0 deficit.

TB really blew this one.

I'm a CBJ fan and once they got down 3-0 even though I knew they were capable of coming back, I gave them no shot. That was truly an amazing comeback!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely amazing slate of games last night.

Islanders beat the Pens! F*** the Pens!

Dallas upsets Nashville.

Caps West beats up the Golden Knights.

The Blues and Jets game was a nail biter.

And Columbus shocks the world with 4 unanswered goals to beat one of the best teams in hockey history.

Can't wait for tonight!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 11:47 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I'm a CBJ fan and once they got down 3-0 even though I knew they were capable of coming back, I gave them no shot. That was truly an amazing comeback!

I watched the 1 period and started to watch something else. I thought I wasn't going to waste my time and then saw they cameback and won. Boy, was I totally pissed I missed it.
Reply/Quote
CBJ goes into Tampa and takes both games!!!! Never ever did I think that would happen. Kucherov should be suspended multiple games for that dirty hit. Clearly intentional and rightfully ejected.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely shocked at this CBJ/TB series. I know TB just extended Jon Cooper but if they go out in the first round you have to wonder if his job is safe. They’re way too good to be getting embarrassed like this.

Reply/Quote
Just saw the Kucherov hit, what a dirty ****. Not surprised though. He threw a questionable hit on Sami Vatanen against the Devils last year in the playoffs. And Hedman speared rookie Nico Hischier in the balls like a bush league goon. Bunch of assholes.

Reply/Quote
CBJ up 3-0!!!! Who would have thought they would be in position to sweep one of the best regular season teams in NHL history!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2019, 10:45 PM)cinci4life Wrote: CBJ up 3-0!!!! Who would have thought they would be in position to sweep one of the best regular season teams in NHL history!

Definitely not me lol. It took 19 years but this will be a hell of a first playoff series win.

I saw a lot of criticism for all the trades they made this year, and for going all in when the East is so stacked with teams like TB and TOR, but man they look like they could really make a run.

I just wish John Tortorella wasn’t their coach so I could root for them. I’ve hated him for too long though going back to some nasty NJD/NYR playoffs series.

Reply/Quote
CBJ completes the sweep!!!! Un freaking real!!!!
Reply/Quote
Might be the biggest NHL upset of my lifetime. TB won 62 games this season. SIXTY TWO.

Reply/Quote
Congrats Blue Jackets! Awesome way to win your first series! Couldn't have happened against a nicer team too.

Bonus points that the Pens get swept too.

Extra bonus points that Brooks Orpik has more goals in the 2019 stanley cup playoffs than Sidney Crosby.
Reply/Quote
Go Blue Jackets! Peeking at just the right time.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
That was an awesome, exciting series!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That was an awesome, exciting series!!!

Indeed.  Was fortunate enough to score tickets to the game last night.  Took a buddy and we sat in the first row of the upper deck, right behind Vasilevsky for two periods.  Great game, and an electric atmosphere.  

Watching the CBJ hold that 4-3 lead throughout most of the 3rd period was agonizing.  Just kept dreading TB getting the tying score, then maybe a win and trip back to Florida for a game 5.  But when they took that 5-3 lead, man, the place erupted.  I mean, I've been to a lot of sporting events in my life, but that was Who-concert-level volume right there.  Just ear-shattering.  Felt like the whole place was plugged into a live wire and we were all getting juiced at the same time.  Then, the topper was leaving the arena and crossing the street to see the tv in the bar at BD's Mongolian Grill showing the last minute of the Isles/Pens game.  Man, that was the icing on the cake of an already amazing evening.

It's great to finally get that playoff drought monkey off our backs and win a gd series.  I've always likened the CBJ misery to the Bengals' misery, the latter's having lasted a decade longer, of course, but still similar.  Maybe '19 can finally be the Bengals' turn.

Watching BOS/TOR now.  Going back and forth on who I want CBJ to see in the second round.  Regardless, hope it goes seven and they beat the hell out of one another.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote