Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
(04-17-2019, 09:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Indeed.  Was fortunate enough to score tickets to the game last night.  Took a buddy and we sat in the first row of the upper deck, right behind Vasilevsky for two periods.  Great game, and an electric atmosphere.  

Watching the CBJ hold that 4-3 lead throughout most of the 3rd period was agonizing.  Just kept dreading TB getting the tying score, then maybe a win and trip back to Florida for a game 5.  But when they took that 5-3 lead, man, the place erupted.  I mean, I've been to a lot of sporting events in my life, but that was Who-concert-level volume right there.  Just ear-shattering.  Felt like the whole place was plugged into a live wire and we were all getting juiced at the same time.  Then, the topper was leaving the arena and crossing the street to see the tv in the bar at BD's Mongolian Grill showing the last minute of the Isles/Pens game.  Man, that was the icing on the cake of an already amazing evening.

It's great to finally get that playoff drought monkey off our backs and win a gd series.  I've always likened the CBJ misery to the Bengals' misery, the latter's having lasted a decade longer, of course, but still similar.  Maybe '19 can finally be the Bengals' turn.

Watching BOS/TOR now.  Going back and forth on who I want CBJ to see in the second round.  Regardless, hope it goes seven and they beat the hell out of one another.

I've always said there is nothing in sports like playoff hockey. It really is the greatest sport on earth. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Indeed.  Was fortunate enough to score tickets to the game last night.  Took a buddy and we sat in the first row of the upper deck, right behind Vasilevsky for two periods.  Great game, and an electric atmosphere.  

Watching the CBJ hold that 4-3 lead throughout most of the 3rd period was agonizing.  Just kept dreading TB getting the tying score, then maybe a win and trip back to Florida for a game 5.  But when they took that 5-3 lead, man, the place erupted.  I mean, I've been to a lot of sporting events in my life, but that was Who-concert-level volume right there.  Just ear-shattering.  Felt like the whole place was plugged into a live wire and we were all getting juiced at the same time.  Then, the topper was leaving the arena and crossing the street to see the tv in the bar at BD's Mongolian Grill showing the last minute of the Isles/Pens game.  Man, that was the icing on the cake of an already amazing evening.

It's great to finally get that playoff drought monkey off our backs and win a gd series.  I've always likened the CBJ misery to the Bengals' misery, the latter's having lasted a decade longer, of course, but still similar.  Maybe '19 can finally be the Bengals' turn.

Watching BOS/TOR now.  Going back and forth on who I want CBJ to see in the second round.  Regardless, hope it goes seven and they beat the hell out of one another.

What I liked about the crowd was, that when TB scored, you didn't get the sense "oh here we go again". Hell no, they just got louder and weren't phased!
Reply/Quote
I miss Barry Trotz. Sad
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 10:02 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I miss Barry Trotz. Sad

Hell of a coach. Very impressed with his Isles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 09:20 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I've always said there is nothing in sports like playoff hockey. It really is the greatest sport on earth. 

True dat.  Can't imagine spending my spring watching any other sport.

(04-18-2019, 11:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What I liked about the crowd was, that when TB scored, you didn't get the sense "oh here we go again". Hell no, they just got louder and weren't phased!

Amen.  Even after TB went on that 2-0 run and tied the game in the 2nd, there was a brief buzz, and then a boisterous C-B-J chant started up.  Let the opposition score two unanswered TDs against the Bengals, all the energy drains out of PBS and half the place is looking to go drown themselves in the river.  Night and day difference.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Caps West forced a game 7 yesterday in one of the best games of the playoffs (and that's saying a lot!). Is it bad to want another double overtime game for game 7? Nervous

Hopefully Caps East can end their series tonight. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 10:44 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Caps West forced a game 7 yesterday in one of the best games of the playoffs (and that's saying a lot!). Is it bad to want another double overtime game for game 7?  Nervous

Hopefully Caps East can end their series tonight.  ThumbsUp

I was just thinking, did they just decide to end the NHL season? Hell, I swear it seems we played about a month ago! Hopefully this long layoff waiting on our opponent does kill our big mo!
Reply/Quote
Man, I watched the Leaves game yesterday, basically from puck drop to final horn (first hockey game I've watched more than 5 minutes of, in at least 7 years, if not more) and I nearly fell asleep 5 times.

Hockey is so bloody dull and boring to me, I can't stand it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 10:44 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Caps West forced a game 7 yesterday in one of the best games of the playoffs (and that's saying a lot!). Is it bad to want another double overtime game for game 7?  Nervous

Hopefully Caps East can end their series tonight.  ThumbsUp

Sharks!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 03:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, I watched the Leaves game yesterday, basically from puck drop to final horn (first hockey game I've watched more than 5 minutes of, in at least 7 years, if not more) and I nearly fell asleep 5 times.

To each their own. I think it’s by far the most exciting sport in the world. If you want to talk about boring nothing is as bad as baseball.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To each their own. I think it’s by far the most exciting sport in the world. If you want to talk about boring nothing is as bad as baseball.

Lol and you see? Baseball is the most invigorating sport for me, by far the most immersive and intricate in North America (and possibly the world).

To each their own indeed Wink
Reply/Quote
I think it would be funny if Ovechkin got suspended for game 7 for his ref taunt toward the end of yesterdays game that he did get a game misconduct for.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
So Columbus/Boston it is. Now I just have to decide who I hate less out of John Tortorella and Brad Marchand...

Reply/Quote
WOW i'm not going to sleep for at least an hour after watching that San Jose/Vegas Game 7!!!!! Amazing!!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 03:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, I watched the Leaves game yesterday, basically from puck drop to final horn (first hockey game I've watched more than 5 minutes of, in at least 7 years, if not more) and I nearly fell asleep 5 times.

Dude you watched the wrong game is all i will say! WOW!!!
Reply/Quote
No fan of Vegas but they got hosed big time. As bad as it looked, you can't call a major penalty on that play.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That was one of the craziest game 7’s ever.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 04:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I think it would be funny if Ovechkin got suspended for game 7 for his ref taunt toward the end of yesterdays game that he did get a game misconduct for.

Misconduct isn't a suspension unless you get multiples. Pretty dumb of the refs to throw him for that too. Seems they're a little sensitive about their shit calls. 
Reply/Quote
This has definitely been one of the best first rounds in recent memory.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:45 AM)count35 Wrote: Dude you watched the wrong game is all i will say! WOW!!!

lol I live barely north of Toronto so no, NO game is the right game.

So sick of hockey being shoved down our throats here in Canada. They do "Mock Draft specials," when the Blue Jays are on a 7 game win streak and THOSE get priority over the Jays.

Bloody sick of it.

(04-24-2019, 09:10 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This has definitely been one of the best first rounds in recent memory.

That I will give you; the amount of upsets has been insane.
Reply/Quote