Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
(04-24-2019, 09:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol I live barely north of Toronto so no, NO game is the right game.

So sick of hockey being shoved down our throats here in Canada. They do "Mock Draft specials," when the Blue Jays are on a 7 game win streak and THOSE get priority over the Jays.

Bloody sick of it.

That I will give you; the amount of upsets has been insane.

The Sharks weren't exactly an upset, but to come back from a 3-1 series deficit (where they looked like an AHL team for the 3 loses) AND overcome a 3-0 lead in game 7 was absolutely nuts. Here's an 8 min streamable link to the 5 min major power play that they scored 4 goals on to take the lead.

https://streamable.com/pzs27

Plus a bonus link for the OT series winning goal: 

https://streamable.com/hb8k3
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Misconduct isn't a suspension unless you get multiples. Pretty dumb of the refs to throw him for that too. Seems they're a little sensitive about their shit calls. 

It wasn't just a misconduct but a game misconduct which makes all the difference in the world. That usually carries a 1 game suspension unless the league says otherwise. And yes he deserved to be tossed. I get he was unhappy about the officiating but you can't intentionally slash a player and then intentionally mock the refs and not expect to get tossed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It wasn't just a misconduct but a game misconduct which makes all the difference in the world. That usually carries a 1 game suspension unless the league says otherwise. And yes he deserved to be tossed. I get he was unhappy about the officiating but you can't intentionally slash a player and then intentionally mock the refs and not expect to get tossed.

He knew he was going off for the slash. The refs deserved to get mocked after that horrible performance. Hopefully tonight is a little more even. I doubt it will be as crazy as the Sharks/Knights game was. 

Narrator: "It wasn't"
Reply/Quote
Couldn't ask for a better first round. CBJ advanced and Pens and Caps both go home.
Reply/Quote
Well the Caps got completely out-coached. If only we had a Stanley Cup winning coach. Ninja Sick

Congrats Canes. Good luck with the buzzsaw that is the Islanders.
Reply/Quote
CBJ ties the series with Boston with a double OT win! Bob was a beast tonight and deserved that win.
Reply/Quote
Panarin with a big 3 point night. He’s so damn good. Wish the Devils had a shot at him this offseason but I guarantee he ends up with the Rangers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:20 AM)cinci4life Wrote: CBJ ties the series with Boston with a double OT win! Bob was a beast tonight and deserved that win.

That was a coin flip. Both goalies were the show.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:39 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That was a coin flip. Both goalies were the show.

Bob easily had a higher difficulty level on some of his saves though. He wasn't letting this game get away.
Reply/Quote
CBJ wins again!!!! Up 2-1! Once again Bob was a freaking beast!
Reply/Quote
Yep. Bob is dialed in right now.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:01 PM)cinci4life Wrote: CBJ wins again!!!!  Up 2-1! Once again Bob was a freaking beast!

I missed it!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 12:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I missed it!

They threw everything at Bob but the kitchen sink, but dude stood on his head.  Hope this will be the case of a team riding a hot goalie all the way to the cup.  A lot of hockey left, but a lot of positives with this team.  

Anyone thinking of going to the game 5 viewing party at Nationwide on Saturday night?  They're letting folks in at 6:00 to watch on the video board.  Details here:

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/blue-jackets-bruins-game-5-watch-party-nationwide-arena/c-307143114

$5 to get in, discounted arena parking.  Probably will still be a crazy atmosphere.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They threw everything at Bob but the kitchen sink, but dude stood on his head.  Hope this will be the case of a team riding a hot goalie all the way to the cup.  A lot of hockey left, but a lot of positives with this team.  

Anyone thinking of going to the game 5 viewing party at Nationwide on Saturday night?  They're letting folks in at 6:00 to watch on the video board.  Details here:

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/blue-jackets-bruins-game-5-watch-party-nationwide-arena/c-307143114

$5 to get in, discounted arena parking.  Probably will still be a crazy atmosphere.

If it's anything like the Caps viewing parties last year I highly suggest you go. It's an awesome experience. 
Reply/Quote
So the Bruins tie the series up at two games a piece. Best of three now with Boston having home ice advantage.

I’m sure Carolina is loving that this series has been so hard fought.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So the Bruins tie the series up at two games a piece. Best of three now with Boston having home ice advantage.

I’m sure Carolina is loving that this series has been so hard fought.

CBJ spent way to much time in the penalty box. Can’t let that happen.
Reply/Quote
Boston was too dam lucky tonight. 3 of their 4 goals had no business going in. So sickening.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2019, 11:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Boston was too dam lucky tonight. 3 of their 4 goals had no business going in. So sickening.

Ehhh both goalies were on fire again. Columbus played like crap the whole first period and most of the second. They need to play a more complete game if they want to force a game 7. 
Reply/Quote
Really starting to think NHL wants Boston to win. McAvoy leaves his feet and hits CBJ's Josh Anderson in the head leaving him on the ice for a good couple minutes before being helped to the back and the bastard only gets a 2 minute minor instead of a 5 minute major and game misconduct. Easiest major call to make and they refuse to make it. What a joke!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 10:03 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Really starting to think NHL wants Boston to win. McAvoy leaves his feet and hits CBJ's Josh Anderson in the head leaving him on the ice for a good couple minutes before being helped to the back and the bastard only gets a 2 minute minor instead of a 5 minute major and game misconduct. Easiest major call to make and they refuse to make it. What a joke!

Total joke, I didn’t think they were bad before that call but this is pathetic. Maybe they’re gun shy after the Vegas major but that’s not an excuse
Reply/Quote