Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Well tough way for the season to end for CBJ. Truly deserved a better fate.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, I’m glad I don’t have to see John Tortorella win another Cup.

Now I just want Carolina to knock Boston out so Marchand doesn’t either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 10:03 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Really starting to think NHL wants Boston to win. McAvoy leaves his feet and hits CBJ's Josh Anderson in the head leaving him on the ice for a good couple minutes before being helped to the back and the bastard only gets a 2 minute minor instead of a 5 minute major and game misconduct. Easiest major call to make and they refuse to make it. What a joke!

Maybe CBJ should have scored on any of the 4 power plays they had.  Mellow

I agree that the hit should have been a 5 min major, but the officiating has been bad all throughout the playoffs. I hate Boston, but if the league really wanted them to win they wouldn't have only called one penalty against CBJ. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Islanders sweep the Pens, Canes sweep the Islanders, Bruins sweep the Canes, ???? sweeps the Bruins.

Yes please.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 01:52 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Islanders sweep the Pens, Canes sweep the Islanders, Bruins sweep the Canes, ???? sweeps the Bruins.

Yes please.

I have a bad feeling we’re going to be watching rat face and the Bruins hoist the Cup next month. Both SJ and STL are habitual playoff chokers, so it seems like theirs to lose. Hopefully one of the western teams will surprise us.

Reply/Quote
After what just happened in the SJ/STL game, I think all goals should be allowed to be reviewed no matter the reason. Game went to OT and after a clear hand pass to the left of STL goal to directly in front, SJ scores and wins. The 4 refs got together and none saw it so goal counted and it's not reviewable. Sad thing is it was in open ice for all to see. Truly pathetic on the refs part.
Reply/Quote
BOO

Reply/Quote
Let's go Blues!
Reply/Quote
The last final I watched was in 2014, when the Kings were going for their 2nd cup. Since then the final has featured teams that I detest and had no interest in watching win a cup, namely Chicago, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Washington, and Vegas (an expansion team that made the whole league look like a joke). Looks like this year will be no different. I look forward to accidentally stumbling across an account of Boston's five game series win sometime in July. It's a long way to October (sigh).
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 09:44 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: The last final I watched was in 2014, when the Kings were going for their 2nd cup.  Since then the final has featured teams that I detest and had no interest in watching win a cup, namely Chicago, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Washington, and Vegas (an expansion team that made the whole league look like a joke).  Looks like this year will be no different.  I look forward to accidentally stumbling across an account of Boston's five game series win sometime in July.  It's a long way to October (sigh).

Here's the interesting thing though. Boston might have screwed up by sweeping Carolina. There's been a trend this playoffs where a team that swept their previous opponent lost the next series. CBJ and Islanders both got sweeps in round one and both lost in round 2. Carolina got a sweep in round 2 and lost the conference final. Blues goalie is playing really good so I could see them pull this off.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 09:44 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: The last final I watched was in 2014, when the Kings were going for their 2nd cup. Since then the final has featured teams that I detest and had no interest in watching win a cup, namely Chicago, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Washington, and Vegas (an expansion team that made the whole league look like a joke). Looks like this year will be no different. I look forward to accidentally stumbling across an account of Boston's five game series win sometime in July. It's a long way to October (sigh).

Man I couldn’t imagine not watching the finals. Maybe it’s because I really only hate a handful of teams (mainly the Rangers and Flyers), but I can usually find a good storyline to get behind. Last year I wanted to see Ovi finally win the Cup. Guy is the best natural goal scorer of this generation and he makes the game fun (if he’s not playing your team).

This year I’ll root for STL because they’re a good hockey town, and they’ve been waiting almost 50 years for their first Cup. And because it’s obviously fun to root against Marchand.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I couldn’t imagine not watching the finals. Maybe it’s because I really only hate a handful of teams (mainly the Rangers and Flyers), but I can usually find a good storyline to get behind. Last year I wanted to see Ovi finally win the Cup. Guy is the best natural goal scorer of this generation and he makes the game fun (if he’s not playing your team).

This year I’ll root for STL because they’re a good hockey town, and they’ve been waiting almost 50 years for their first Cup. And because it’s obviously fun to root against Marchand.

Agreed. 

Even when Pitt was in the finals I watched to root for the other team. Obviously when they won their last two I turned it off immediately, so I didn't have to watch them lifting the cup. 
Reply/Quote
Great bounce back game for STL. Best of 3 now.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I couldn’t imagine not watching the finals. Maybe it’s because I really only hate a handful of teams (mainly the Rangers and Flyers), but I can usually find a good storyline to get behind. Last year I wanted to see Ovi finally win the Cup. Guy is the best natural goal scorer of this generation and he makes the game fun (if he’s not playing your team).

I hate Boston, so the only saving grace is a St. Louis team I don't like winning.  I don't know, I just cant get into it.  Maybe next year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Blues take a 3-2 series lead and a chance to win the cup on home ice.
Reply/Quote
Terrible no call ended up costing BOS the game. I’m not shedding any tears for them though. Hope STL wraps it up Sunday night.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Terrible no call ended up costing BOS the game. I’m not shedding any tears for them though. Hope STL wraps it up Sunday night.

Yeah that was a bad no-call, but they didn't bother playing 5v5 hockey until the last 10 minutes of the game, and their PP was pretty pathetic ( Ninja ) throughout the night. 

Would it really be the 2019 Stanley Cup Final without a horrible call? It seems nearly every series this year has had a handful. 
Reply/Quote
Blues are going to win the Stanley There's no beating the sweep curse this year.
Reply/Quote
Hey Brad Marchand...

[Image: WhimsicalDopeyGalapagosalbatross-size_restricted.gif]

Reply/Quote
Bump

Some good games in this play-in so far. Edmonton and Chicago was a crazy one. Tons of star power on display.

I know we have some Jackets fans here. They played pretty well tonight. I was surprised to not see Elvis is net, but hard to argue with a shutout. Probably going to root for them since my team (Devils) aren’t even playing.

Reply/Quote