Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
(08-03-2020, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Some good games in this play-in so far. Edmonton and Chicago was a crazy one. Tons of star power on display.

I know we have some Jackets fans here. They played pretty well tonight. I was surprised to not see Elvis is net, but hard to argue with a shutout. Probably going to root for them since my team (Devils) aren’t even playing.

I wasn't. Korpo is the starter even though Elvis has played well too. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 01:49 AM)cinci4life Wrote: I wasn't. Korpo is the starter even though Elvis has played well too. 

I don’t follow the Jackets that closely, but I was under the impression they mostly split time in net, and neither is really the #1. And looking at their number of starts this season it was pretty even (35 for Korpisalo 31 for Elvis). Just remember Elvis was pretty hot for a while, but maybe he lost a battle between the two in “camp.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 02:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t follow the Jackets that closely, but I was under the impression they mostly split time in net, and neither is really the #1. And looking at their number of starts this season it was pretty even (35 for Korpisalo 31 for Elvis). Just remember Elvis was pretty hot for a while, but maybe he lost a battle between the two in “camp.”

Korpi was the starter when Bob left and Elvis had to take over when Korpi got hurt in a game after christmas and missed a couple months.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 02:22 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Korpi was the starter when Bob left and Elvis had to take over when Korpi got hurt in a game after christmas and missed a couple months.

Ah gotcha. I know Elvis was getting a lot of hype as a rookie goaltender. My Devils have a pretty good rookie puck stopper in Mackenzie Blackwood, and I got tired of hearing about Elvis when I wanted my guy to get more attention. Tongue

Reply/Quote
Torts is such a great coach.

Also I still hate Kadri, but that goal with less than 0.1 left yesterday was nuts.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 04:09 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Torts is such a great coach.

He’s growing on me. I used to absolutely hate him when he was in NY, but I have to admit a lot of his sound bites from his interviews are pretty funny. He gives 0 *****.

He is really getting the most out of a CBJ team that I thought would fall off a bit this year, too. Most teams would if they lost 2 of their best players.

Reply/Quote
OMG!!!!! What a comeback win for CBJ! They were down 3-0 halfway through the second and came back to tie it at 3 and send it to overtime. Dubois gets the game winner with about a minute left in the first overtime which also gave him a hat trick. Great win!!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, hell of a comeback.

Reply/Quote
Good trend going today for CBJ. There are 6 total hockey games today and all are potential elimination games. The first 3 have been completed and resulted in the team down 2-1 losing and being eliminated.
Reply/Quote
CBJ scores a goal to go up 3-0 with around 5 minutes left in the 3rd and Toronto goes and scores 3 goals with the 3rd coming with 30 seconds left to send it to OT. Can't believe i just saw that.
Reply/Quote
Total implosion by the Jackets. Back to OT...

Reply/Quote
Torts press conference should be interesting...lol

Reply/Quote
And CBJ loses after a bs penalty call on Foligno gives Toronto a PP and they score on it. If anything it's either a no call or you also call the Toronto player for embelishment. Either way it should never have gotten to this point to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Good trend going today for CBJ. There are 6 total hockey games today and all are potential elimination games. The first 3 have been completed and resulted in the team down 2-1 losing and being eliminated.

And with Canucks game winner 11 seconds into OT, 5 of the 6 saw the losing team eliminated. Should of been all 6 but the one that looked to have the least amount of doubt went to hell and is the odd one out.
Reply/Quote
Flyers beat the Lightning which sets up an interesting possibility. Tampa will be the #2 seed meaning they will play the winner of Columbus/Toronto tomorrow night. We could be and really already should be seeing a rematch of last years Columbus/Tampa series.
Reply/Quote
If this lead holds the Jackets will have dispatched 2 of the most highly skilled teams in the league in back-to-back years. Have to hand it to Torts with his system.

Also, man is Seth Jones good.

Reply/Quote
CBJ WINS!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
So the Rangers won the #1OA, and will select Alexis Lafrenière. This is horrible news for me as a Devils fan, and not great for the metro in general. Ugh. I hate 2020 so much.

Reply/Quote
5 OT between CBJ/TB. Korpisalo with 85 saves. :O

Reply/Quote
Cam gets hauled down on a breakaway and somehow there's no penalty? What a joke. I mean it was a great game but hate to see them lose when they should have been on the PP.
Reply/Quote