Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Heartbreaker for Korpisalo. He deserved to win that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Heartbreaker for Korpisalo. He deserved to win that one.

Yeah he did and could have had it if they call that penalty which really could also have been a penalty shot since Cam had a breakaway and he's one of the best on the team in penalty shots. But Korpi should have made the save on the winner. Had no one blocking his vision so not sure what happened there.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Torts is mad about that non call. He started off his press conference by telling the reporters not to ask about the non call.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 10:45 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Yeah he did and could have had it if they call that penalty which really could also have been a penalty shot since Cam had a breakaway and he's one of the best on the team in penalty shots. But Korpi should have made the save on the winner. Had no one blocking his vision so not sure what happened there.

The goalies are most tired in these crazy long games. They’re the only players out there the entire time, and have all that equipment on. I’ve watched some multiple OT games where the goalies had to get IV’s in between periods. And Korpisalo had to stop about 30 more shots than Vasilevskiy.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The goalies are most tired in these crazy long games. They’re the only players out there the entire time, and have all that equipment on. I’ve watched some multiple OT games where the goalies had to get IV’s in between periods. And Korpisalo had to stop about 30 more shots than Vasilevskiy.

Don't really agree because the other players are the ones racing up and down the ice. But either way with no obstruction in front of him that should have been one of his easier saves of the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 11:33 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't really agree because the other players are the ones racing up and down the ice. But either way with no obstruction in front of him that should have been one of his easier saves of the game.

The other players are on 30-45 second shifts, and get to rest though. And typically, outside of the top pairing d unit they’re not logging a crazy amount of minutes. Not like goalie who basically has to play 2 back-to-back games anyway.

Personally, I think it’s crazy to fault a goalie that had to make 80 something saves in a game.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The other players are on 30-45 second shifts, and get to rest though. And typically, outside of the top pairing d unit they’re not logging a crazy amount of minutes. Not like goalie who basically has to play 2 back-to-back games anyway.

Personally, I think it’s crazy to fault a goalie that had to make 80 something saves in a game.

Nowhere did i blame him for the loss. I'm just saying he should have stopped that. I put more blame on the refs for not awarding a penalty shot when Cam got taken down from behind.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:35 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Nowhere did i blame him for the loss. I'm just saying he should have stopped that. I put more blame on the refs for not awarding a penalty shot when Cam got taken down from behind.

Well, Kucherov’s initial shot hit Gavrikov and bounced right to Point, who made a nice shot up high. It’s not like it was a softy through the 5 hole or anything. Idk, it’s just hard for me to say he “should have had it” after all that.

But whatever. Hell of a game, and Korpisalo’s record for most saves in a playoff game will probably stand for quite a while.

Reply/Quote
I've seen the replay a couple more times and it looked like the shot may have deflected off the Columbus player and change direction making it difficult for Korpi to react quick enough.
Reply/Quote
Great win for CBJ!!!! You couldn't tell they were just in a 5OT game because they were the faster team and didn't look tired at all.
Reply/Quote
Bad loss tonight. Too sloppy especially in the 2nd period and even worse not scoring when you have a 5 on 3 pp for a minute and a half. That's usually automatic for 1 goal.
Reply/Quote
So TB gets their revenge.

Reply/Quote
With Columbus gone, you are all welcome to root for my Caps to become the next team to come back from a 3-0 deficit and win the series.
Reply/Quote
Some great game 7’s today.

Amazing goaltending between Lehner and Demko in this VAN/LV game.

Reply/Quote
Vegas back to another WCF. Unreal how much success they’ve had early on in their existence.

Reply/Quote
I’m really happy for Blake Coleman. Scored a goal against his hometown Stars and helped the Lightning win the Cup. He was a great pickup for TB at the trade deadline, and now everyone else is seeing why we loved him so much as Devils fans.

Reply/Quote
USA wins gold at the WJC!

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
I know we have some CBJ fans here, this is horrible…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/jackets/2021/07/05/matiss-kivlenieks-blue-jackets-goalie-dies-tragic-accident/7864545002/

Don’t **** with fireworks people.

Reply/Quote