Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Morgan Jr. Went Undrafted? WHY?
(05-09-2019, 09:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be behind that.

Under Marvin they seemed to love Core. I think it's time to move on from him. Malone needs to start producing sooner than later too.

I think there is some real talent as far as Malone goes and I look forward to seeing what Taylor and Callahan can get out of him.
Reply/Quote
Pretty excited about this kids abilities.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Per NFL draft prospects...

Weaknesses
Doesn't offer anything special as an athlete
Burst out of his breaks is average
Routes will drift on him
Plays fast but doesn't feature getaway speed
Missing second gear to run under deep throws
Benefited from favorable route combinations
Cornerbacks likely to squat on underneath work
Has to prove he can uncover against twitchy defenders
Reply/Quote
Nebraskas offense doesnt require their WRs to be technicians or the most savy route runners.
but when Morgan faced very good CBs like Justin Layne he was able to work open and make catches.
its up.to Tsylor Callahan and Bricknell to coach him up.
Ive seen alot WRs come out of college really polished like Brian Robiskie flop at the NFL level.
Who the heck knows Morgsn might be the next Jarvis Landry or Antonio Brown.
they just know how run precise routes read defenders and find ways to get open
Reply/Quote
ZT definitely went after high character bring your lunch pale kinda guys. I like it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
He is an UDFA, so his best shot is to try and make the PS. After that, see if he develops or he is just a guy in a long line , that every team has, of almost players. No reason to be excited about him or discouraged.

On the WR depth chart, they have to get something from Ross or trade for someone if Ross is a bust. Boyd they need to sign and one can argue AJ either way - so WR needs to be resolved in short order, but a guy like Morgan is just a guy in the mix for the bottom slots.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Mike Renner from PFF thinks he is a minimal prospect.  He says  he can't get separation and is an average to below average receiver.

We'll see how he does!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been on YouTube watching Stanley Morgan Jr. highlights from his last two years at Nebraska and will someone please tell me why this talented young man went undrafted? He has great hands, his route running is terrific, and he’s fast as can be. I really think Cincinnati got a steal with Morgan as an undrafted free agent. Besides, his father was a stud wide receiver for the Patriots in the pre-Brady era.

My prediction is he makes the team.

In this era teams seem to go for athleticism over a polished receiver looking for that future star is what i have been seeing. I think Morgan will make the team as well and be much better than either Core or Malone for us. You need these types of players, kind of surprised the Patriots didn't snatch this guy up. Happy we got him.
Reply/Quote
Obviously depending on everyone getting through camp and pre season healthy I think the only ones that are certain to make the 53 are

AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
John Ross
Alex Erickson

Depending on injuries I also think it depends on how many RB's they keep on the 53, where i could see them keeping 4 so I think we will see maybe another 2 WR's at the most from

Auden Tate
Stanley Morgan Jr.
Josh Malone
Cody Core
Reply/Quote
It will be between him and Malone for the sixth spot and if comes down to special teams Morgan has the edge.
Locks
Green
Boyd
Ross
Ericson
Probably make it
Core
Last spot or PS
Morgan
Tate
Malone
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If absolutely nothing else we'll get to look forward to the recap of the Nebraska Troy game in which Nebraka found all kinds of ways to bungelize themselves against Troy. Sorry folks, Troy's Damion Willis gets the bragging rights in this one. Morgan can only get to say, "Well, we tried and we're both with the Bengals." 
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/9/16/17866168/troy-upsets-nebraska-24-19-thanks-to-a-tough-trojans-defense-sun-belt-football-neal-brown
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully this kid can finally put an end to the ROSS disappointment nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 12:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully this kid can finally put an end to the ROSS disappointment nightmare.

Wasting the 9th overall pick in the draft on a bum will always be a disappointment nightmare even if someone else becomes good. Only way we won't always feel disappointed by the pick is if Ross becomes a completely new player this year. 

Now fortunately he's just now starting his 3rd year and has a new coach that can hopefully turn his game around. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 12:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully this kid can finally put an end to the ROSS disappointment nightmare.

(05-12-2019, 03:54 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Wasting the 9th overall pick in the draft on a bum will always be a disappointment nightmare even if someone else becomes good. Only way we won't always feel disappointed by the pick is if Ross becomes a completely new player this year. 

Now fortunately he's just now starting his 3rd year and has a new coach that can hopefully turn his game around. 

Nightmare and a bum you say, this is why i defend Ross. He did have 7 TD's last year...
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been on YouTube watching Stanley Morgan Jr. highlights from his last two years at Nebraska and will someone please tell me why this talented young man went undrafted?  He has great hands, his route running is terrific, and he’s fast as can be.  I really think Cincinnati got a steal with Morgan as an undrafted free agent.  Besides, his father was a stud wide receiver for the Patriots in the pre-Brady era.

My prediction is he makes the team.

I can definitely see him cracking our roster.....but, lack of speeds why he fell

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nightmare and a bum you say, this is why i defend Ross. He did have 7 TD's last year...

If for the 9th overall pick you think he hasn't been a disappointment in his first 2 years and he doesn't think this has been a nightmare compared to what he dreamt his first 2 years would be than you guys both have very low expectations. 
Reply/Quote