Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Morgan re-singed for 2 years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I like special teams Stanley Morgan and Mike Thomas but I really hope they add some developmental depth to the Wide Receiver group day 3 in the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good ST guy and while not the best WR he can fill in if needed (in other words - he already knows the playbook)
Reply/Quote
I like bring back Morgan. Good special teamer who still has the potential to contribute on a limited role as a WR if need be.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I like special teams Stanley Morgan and Mike Thomas but I really hope they add some developmental depth to the Wide Receiver group day 3 in the draft.

The Bengals almost always pick WR at some point in the draft. ‘18 and ‘19 were the first drafts since 2007 that they didn’t draft a WR.

I think they’ll definitely have a day 3 WR, if not sooner. Hopefully it’s all BPA for them this year, but they’ll need WR depth for when they’re having to make difficult decisions at the positions in a couple years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They're doing well having ST guys to pick from, depth will come.
Reply/Quote
Morgan played STs, but also threw a lot of great blocks for the offense..a niche player for sure.. Every team needs a few..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: Morgan played STs, but also threw a lot of great blocks for the offense..a niche player for sure.. Every team needs a few..

Very true, SM was the reason for a few TD's with his great blocking down field. Really happy we brought this guy back as I 
hadn't heard any news on his situation and I thought he was one of Simmons main dudes. Kind of surprised someone else
didn't bring him in for their ST's, he could be a probowl type ST's player soon. Just like Michael Thomas was who we re-signed
recently. Hoping Trey Flowers is next.
Reply/Quote
I like it. Filling the roster back up. Draft is a bonus
Reply/Quote
I look for Davis-Gaither to be a big player on special teams. He played 151 special teams snaps in just 8 games.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I look for Davis-Gaither to be a big player on special teams.  He played 151 special teams snaps in just 8 games.

I also look for them to use ADG on some blitzing packages and get a few sacks next year.

If they use him enough in this aspect he could get a lot of pressures and sacks. ADG is very talented.
Reply/Quote
In Zac I trust

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Glad to see this .. dude just schemes

Reply/Quote
Dude is going to surprise people when he starts getting playing time at WR!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good to have Morgan back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, SM was the reason for a few TD's with his great blocking down field. Really happy we brought this guy back as I 
hadn't heard any news on his situation and I thought he was one of Simmons main dudes. Kind of surprised someone else
didn't bring him in for their ST's, he could be a probowl type ST's player soon. Just like Michael Thomas was who we re-signed
recently. Hoping Trey Flowers is next.

Flowers was our main TE killer.. I really hope he comes back.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I like special teams Stanley Morgan and Mike Thomas but I really hope they add some developmental depth to the Wide Receiver group day 3 in the draft.

You have to think (or hope) that only one of Morgan or Thomas makes the roster this year instead of both.
Neither has really offered anything as an actual receiver.
Bengals need some better insurance via the draft or FA in case one of the Big 3 goes down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You have to think (or hope) that only one of Morgan or Thomas makes the roster this year instead of both.
Neither has really offered anything as an actual receiver.
Bengals need some better insurance via the draft or FA in case one of the Big 3 goes down.

Morgan is our best gunner on ST's. Have to play all three phases of the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Morgan is our best gunner on ST's. Have to play all three phases of the game.

Then keep Morgan but let Thomas go.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Would love if they figured out a way to get him involved in the passing game. He’s such a good blocker but it’s a dead give away when he’s in the game because it’s almost always a run.
Reply/Quote