Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX
(10-10-2017, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did anyone actually like rogue one? I finally watched it and was completely bored till vader cameo of 5 minutes at the end

Nope, disappointed and bored.  The only really redeeming aspect was the Android was awesome and hilarious.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did anyone actually like rogue one? I finally watched it and was completely bored till vader cameo of 5 minutes at the end

Yeah, I liked it. I took my then 11 y/o daughter and her friend to see it. I thought Diego Luna's character was interesting. He is one of the good guys, but murders someone within the first 5-10 minutes of the movie. I liked the moral ambiguity of the character. If you do bad things for good reasons are you really a good guy?
Reply/Quote
i asked my coworker to watch star wars since he did not. he watched them all with his wife, and he started with 1. WHY WHY ARGH WHY!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: i asked my coworker to watch star wars since he did not. he watched them all with his wife, and he started with 1. WHY WHY ARGH WHY!

If you’d never watched any of them, wouldn’t logic dictate starting with Episode 1? Just sayin’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: i asked my coworker to watch star wars since he did not. he watched them all with his wife, and he started with 1. WHY WHY ARGH WHY!

If you're going to start with 1, you have to watch it 1,2,4,5,3,6,7
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you're going to start with 1, you have to watch it 1,2,4,5,3,6,7

I was going to ask why, then I realized that knowing Vader is Luke's father ruins a major overarching theme in 4,5,6.

But does it?  I can't remember if the names of the children are revealed in 3, or when in 4,5,6 (6?) that it's revealed Luke and Leia were the twins separated at birth.

I think I would start with 4,5,6, and then the pre-trilogy.  The backstory of Vader is part of the fun and mystery, and aside from that the pre-trilogy offers very little (along with, I suppose, an explanation of what happened to the Jedi).
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 04:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I was going to ask why, then I realized that knowing Vader is Luke's father ruins a major overarching theme in 4,5,6.

But does it?  I can't remember if the names of the children are revealed in 3, or when in 4,5,6 (6?) that it's revealed Luke and Leia were the twins separated at birth.

I think I would start with 4,5,6, and then the pre-trilogy.  The backstory of Vader is part of the fun and mystery, and aside from that the pre-trilogy offers very little (along with, I suppose, an explanation of what happened to the Jedi).

If you ask Alexa who is Luke's father, she answers, fawwwwwk!! FAWK ALEXA SPOOILER!!!!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 04:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I was going to ask why, then I realized that knowing Vader is Luke's father ruins a major overarching theme in 4,5,6.

Padme names them. Also, the name of their care givers are given in episode 3 and episode 4. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote