Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX
Didn't feel like finding the old thread, but with the new movie coming out so soon, this will be a hot topic. Today Disney announced that JJ Abrams is back to write and direct Episode IX after Disney fired Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow who was set to finish the trilogy for them. Rian Johnson, director of Brick, is directing Episode VIII and will likely be helping Abrams move the story forward in the final installment.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
smart choice.
Needed to be someone they knew wouldn't go AWOL on them.
Reply/Quote
didn't abrams do episode 7?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: didn't abrams do episode 7?

yep

Reply/Quote
Well as long as he has material to reuse he should be fine
Reply/Quote
Aw, I liked Trevorrow Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
These new SW movies are trash. One dimensional characters, fan-fic quality writing, copy/paste plot points.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 06:47 PM)Older Than You Wrote: These new SW movies are trash. One dimensional characters, fan-fic quality writing, copy/paste plot points.

New StarTrek movies were okay but just also rehashed the same stories..   (3rd ST movie was horrible *he couldn't copy the plot of a search for spock*)
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: New StarTrek movies were okay but just also rehashed the same stories..   (3rd ST movie was horrible   *he couldn't copy the plot of a search for spock*)

The new ST movies were like Michael Bay action films, instead of actual, interesting Trek premises. Though I'd agree the first was the best of the three and they increasingly got worse by several magnitudes with each iteration. 
Reply/Quote
In gamerspeak:

[Image: ZZzYphE.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Trailer at half time of MNF tonight.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:21 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Trailer at half time of MNF tonight.

Tickets on sale after the trailer airs!

Reply/Quote
They have had problems with staffing the Hans Solo film, also. When producers have trouble keeping directors and writers it makes me worried a film I want to like is going to turn into complete crap.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They have had problems with staffing the Hans Solo film, also. When producers have trouble keeping directors and writers it makes me worried a film I want to like is going to turn into complete crap.

It'll likely be messy. It's the price they pay for hiring people without making sure they were all on the same page. 

Glad they did that before production for Episode IX

Reply/Quote
The movie will last 155 minutes which is much for a SW movie.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Holy crap they were actually hyping the world premiere of a movie trailer. You nerds make me giggle.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
did anyone actually like rogue one? I finally watched it and was completely bored till vader cameo of 5 minutes at the end
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did anyone actually like rogue one? I finally watched it and was completely bored till vader cameo of 5 minutes at the end

I thought it was a good side story. If you're caught up with Clone Wars and Rebels, I think you appreciate the story a little bit more. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought it was a good side story. If you're caught up with Clone Wars and Rebels, I think you appreciate the story a little bit more. 

have only watched a bit of the cartoons...     and don't really have the time go watch them all.    the main girl wasn't very interesting at all.  the blind dude and the other had predictable ends.

Hope 7 is better when I get around to watching it.  and I really hope any additional "side storys"  are much much better.
Reply/Quote