Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars VII The Force Awakens
(12-16-2015, 04:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Am I the only guy in the world that wants Spoilers to this movie?  I wanna know what's happening.

I can tell you but it's giving the pleasure away to discover it by yourself.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Saw it tonight. Gotta say thumbs up to Abrams! And cant believe
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That was fantastic. The cinematography, acting, music. All great. There's some corniness but it all feels right
Reply/Quote
Two thumbs up. 9/10. I need to watch it 3-4 more times to be sure, but maybe the 3rd best of all the films.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Two thumbs up. 9/10. I need to watch it 3-4 more times to be sure, but maybe the 3rd best of all the films.

3rd best after Empire and Jedi?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 3rd best after Empire and Jedi?

My current ranking is Empire, A New Hope, Revenge, Return, Clones, Menace. 

I'll get hate for Revenge being so high, but I love the betrayal of Anakin and the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was perfect. It set up the original trilogy perfectly. Return was one of the greatest moments ever (Luke in the Death Star) but the rest of the movie is so weak in content. 

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My current ranking is Empire, A New Hope, Revenge, Return, Clones, Menace. 

I'll get hate for Revenge being so high, but I love the betrayal of Anakin and the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was perfect. It set up the original trilogy perfectly. Return was one of the greatest moments ever (Luke in the Death Star) but the rest of the movie is so weak in content. 

i wish Menace wasnt the one with Darth Maul then i could forget it exist.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My current ranking is Empire, A New Hope, Revenge, Return, Clones, Menace. 

Revenge was easily the best of the prequels and Return was the weakest original.
So I don't think you will get too much hate. 

It just really sucks that the good of the prequels is so overshadowed by the awfulness that's most of the content. 

Ewan McGregor
Liam Neeson
Darth Maul
More wookies
Yoda actually doing stuff
Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Just so much potential there. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i wish Menace wasnt the one with Darth Maul then i could forget it exist.

Duel of fates is incredible. 

(12-18-2015, 05:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Revenge was easily the best of the prequels and Return was the weakest original.
So I don't think you will get too much hate. 

It just really sucks that the good of the prequels is so overshadowed by the awfulness that's most of the content. 

Ewan McGregor
Liam Neeson
Darth Maul
More wookies
Yoda actually doing stuff
Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Just so much potential there. 

I love Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan. Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon was great too. It's a shame they hyped up Darth Maul so much only to have him killed in the first one. I hated Count Dooku, so I wish they kept Maul around longer. 

Reply/Quote
We need to have a spoiler thread up. There is just too much to talk about for those that havent seen it yet. omg lol
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: We need to have a spoiler thread up. There is just too much to talk about for those that havent seen it yet. omg lol

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Force-Awakens-spoiler-thread

Here it is.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 09:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Duel of fates is incredible. 

I love Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan. Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon was great too. It's a shame they hyped up Darth Maul so much only to have him killed in the first one. I hated Count Dooku, so I wish they kept Maul around longer. 

Agreed. 
Same with Qui-Gon

Imagine a more drawn out saga of battles between Qui-Gon and Maul.....
Reply/Quote
Saw the movie today, and thought it was awesome!

Just a little background on me. Love the original trilogy. Second trilogy was OK, but nothing special.

The new trilogy has started off very well with this film. I thought they did an amazing job.

I would say more but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but its a great movie, go see it!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw the movie today, and thought it was awesome!

Just a little background on me. Love the original trilogy. Second trilogy was OK, but nothing special.

The new trilogy has started off very well with this film. I thought they did an amazing job.

I would say more but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but its a great movie, go see it!

agreed
Reply/Quote
After reading this thread and peoples rankings of the movies, I really have not and do not understand the love affair with Empire. So many have it ranked as the best movie, and I found it over dramatic and depressing. It reminds me of what Lucas did with the second three movies where he out smarted himself and did too much. My personal ranking after seeing Awakens tonight is as follows:

New Hope
Return
Awakens
Empire
Revenge
Clone
Phantom
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: After reading this thread and peoples rankings of the movies, I really have not and do not understand the love affair with Empire.  So many have it ranked as the best movie, and I found it over dramatic and depressing.  It reminds me of what Lucas did with the second three movies where he out smarted himself and did too much.  My personal ranking after seeing Awakens tonight is as follows:

New Hope
Return
Awakens
Empire
Revenge
Clone
Phantom

IDK man, overdramatic and depressing? That whole scene at the end of Empire IS star wars.... IDK man IDK!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IDK man, overdramatic and depressing? That whole scene at the end of Empire IS star wars.... IDK man IDK!

One line does not make a movie for me.  "I am your father" does not out weigh the rest to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IDK man, overdramatic and depressing? That whole scene at the end of Empire IS star wars.... IDK man IDK!

I'm with Stewy it's definitely my least favorite of the originals. Not bad by any means, but idk I just didn't enjoy it like the other two. A New Hope is definitely my favorite though.
Reply/Quote
So many horrible opinions.

I will judge all of you for your horrible Star Wars takes forever.
Reply/Quote
Saw it Thursday night. Didn't live up to the hype, but how could it? Still a great flick though. I will say, that Harrison Ford made the movie. Had he not done it, I think it would have been average at best.
Reply/Quote