Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star tribune: Best to keep your head on a swivel when Bengals come to town
http://m.startribune.com/best-to-keep-your-head-on-a-swivel-when-bengals-come-to-town/464298063/

The local Minnesota media seems to be under the impression we are the dirtiest team in the league  Hilarious  these are my favorites;

"Sunday, a lousy Cincinnati Bengals team will face one of the NFL’s best success stories. Which means that one or two cheap shots from a cheap team could ruin the Vikings’ season."

"Even if you want to overlook Lewis’ inability to win one playoff game in 15 years in Cincinnati, Zimmer would be wrong.
Lewis runs the dirtiest team in the NFL. Earlier this month, Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster blindsided Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict with a helmet-to-helmet hit, then stood over Burfict.
That was wrong, yet karmic. Burfict has been leveling cheap shots at opponents for years."

I guess it's official folks, if Pittsburgh and now Minnesota think we the dirtiest team in the league well then it must be true.  Hilarious

The ignorance of the NFL fans and media will never cease to amaze me
Reply/Quote
Meh... I thought the worst part of the article was Mike Zimmer claiming Marvin Lewis should keep his job.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Good. If you're head's on a swivel, maybe the ball goes though your hands. That's why the Steelers play the way they do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 04:48 PM)jason Wrote: Meh... I thought the worst part of the article was Mike Zimmer claiming Marvin Lewis should keep his job.

Zimmer was angling for an advantage in 2020 when the Vikings play the Bengals again. Genius move. 
Reply/Quote
Yay, we have street cred.

I'd wager they're not afraid of us. Their true fear: Rodgers leads the Pack to a WC birth and ends up beating their asses yet again. No matter how much success they have, they're still looking over their shoulders and that GB inferiority complex is manifesting itself as Bengal hate. I have a buddy that's a Vikings fan and he's worried dude is gonna rise like Jason and trap'em in the cabin once again.

I know Zim is a God on this board, but after those remarks I really hope the Vikings leave that game tomorrow bloodied and with their playoff hopes in tatters. At least one scribe in Minny-soda can pat himself on the back for being so clairvoyant.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 07:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yay, we have street cred.  

I'd wager they're not afraid of us.  Their true fear: Rodgers leads the Pack to a WC birth and ends up beating their asses yet again.  No matter how much success they have, they're still looking over their shoulders and that GB inferiority complex is manifesting itself as Bengal hate.  I have a buddy that's a Vikings fan and he's worried dude is gonna rise like Jason and trap'em in the cabin once again.  

I know Zim is a God on this board, but after those remarks I really hope the Vikings leave that game tomorrow bloodied and with their playoff hopes in tatters.  At least one scribe in Minny-soda can pat himself on the back for being so clairvoyant.

Add to that the Vikings history of choking.   They've been Vikingized.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Cheap shottier than the squeelers? Well that's a novel approach.. Of course the squeelers are the golden boys so can do no wrong, but a team struggling? Well, that's another story. Oh well..I don't really care to be honest who is considered cheap shot artists and who isn't. All is fair in love and war, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love it when sports writers have no clue what they're talking about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote