Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stars were aligned for Steelers to Win
My pops passed away last week and he was a die hard Steelers fan (buried him with his terrible towel). I think he probably had something to do with it.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I bet you're 95% on this board. Do not even know what the song Aquarius is. 

It was the song my high school picked as their theme song: and that was the year or so it came out.

So, I've been around a while.

That being said, after over half-a-century of painful losses, including three Super Bowl losses, I still haven't been able to sleep well after the loss Sunday in Pittsburgh. It was such a high with that last-second touchdown and then just a painful loss.

I hope the team comes out stronger for the experience. We will see what the team and coach are made of. Supposedly a team of leaders and high-character individuals. Still, when they suffered the devastating loss to the Jets last year, and everyone said they will come out firing the next game, they got blown out by Cleveland. It wasn't until after the off-week that they began to play strong.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:07 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: My pops passed away last week and he was a die hard Steelers fan (buried him with his terrible towel).  I think he probably had something to do with it.

Like Angels in the OUtfield, but it was a football game. That could explain Joe's inexcusable play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:08 AM)Nepa Wrote: It was the song my high school picked as their theme song: and that was the year or so it came out.

So, I've been around a while.

That being said, after over half-a-century of painful losses, including three Super Bowl losses, I still haven't been able to sleep well after the loss Sunday in Pittsburgh. It was such a high with that last-second touchdown and then just a painful loss.

I hope the team comes out stronger for the experience. We will see what the team and coach are made of. Supposedly a team of leaders and high-character individuals. Still, when they suffered the devastating loss to the Jets last year, and everyone said they will come out firing the next game, they got blown out by Cleveland. It wasn't until after the off-week that they began to play strong.

that is cool regarding song. regarding loss, the most disturbing aspect is the way Burrow played. I am not worried. Team almost beat Steelers and had everything go wrong to lose that game barely. I just hate Steelers almost as much as i hate the Browns.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: In sport psychology, close victories or defeats create the Most exhilaration or anguish.

If you are an ex athlete and have lost close matches or games, you probably still feel the anguish.  

When a player or a fan tries to assign blame, they are essentially trying to control what just happened.  Imagine with the players are going through.  Reporters stated that. Joe Burrow sat in a locker room by himself long after everyone else left. He was probably rehashing replaying every mistake that was made.  

A lot had to go wrong for the Cincinnati Bengals to lose the game against the Steelers yesterday.  Not just for the turnovers but little things bad calls, bad coaching calls, injuries to the long snapper and wide receivers.  A lot had to go wrong for the Bengals to lose a very razor sharp close game.  

That Steeler team is not going to win many games this year. They look like a team that will have their first losing season under their coach.  But the NFL is so talented that even bad teams can win when the stars are in alignment.  That's what happened yesterday.  

The team was sloppy uninspiring and uncharacteristic from last year.  And while the fans are probably suffering from an existential crisis, questioning their faith in the team coaching staff and the front office.  From what I know of the players fortitude, this will make them a more determined and humbled.

Nice post Psych. It is such a long season and this happens, no time to panic. Gonna be a fun year still IMO.

The OL was going to take time to gel and we all knew it. Zac and Burrow specifically need to really learn from this game.

I love our Defense under Lou.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:07 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: My pops passed away last week and he was a die hard Steelers fan (buried him with his terrible towel).  I think he probably had something to do with it.

My condolences. I'm sure he would have been proud.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:28 PM)tms Wrote: My condolences. I'm sure he would have been proud.

Thanks man.  It's so weird I keep picking up the phone to call him and BS about football and then remember.  He graduated from Ohio University so he loved Burrow.  Id like to think he was also the one who took out TJ lol

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Thanks man.  It's so weird I keep picking up the phone to call him and BS about football and then remember.  He graduated from Ohio University so he loved Burrow.  Id like to think he was also the one who took out TJ lol

There yah go. Condolences as well.
Reply/Quote