Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Starting 11 O/D
(03-13-2017, 12:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not mine.  I'd rather see that money get paid to someone rather than go into Mike Brown's pockets.  You cut him, the Bengals just put that money in their pocket.

That's nice. I didn't know you could steal money from the cap room and put it in your own pockets.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has been said before, but just to make sure you are aware of it, the Bengals save an additional $750,000 if Jones is cut after June 1st....I have no idea why or how, but I believe that is the number.  Usually, it seems that the opposite is true, that you save by cutting earlier.  

Regardless, now that Dre is in the fold, I hope he is released.  I don't even want him around for OTA...this team has had tremendous turnover this year and I would like to see new, younger leaders emerge. 

I didn't know that. Thanks.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's nice. I didn't know you could steal money from the cap room and put it in your own pockets.

You'd think there would be an agreement with the Players Association that they have to spend a certain %  of the cap each year.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: like it or not, if they were gonna cut him they would have done so already. He will be our number 1 cb week 1. I honestly dont feel one way or the other about it. It just is. I do like how they are playing rookies(bengals definition 3rd year players or less) a lot this year ala vigil, fisher, billings, boyd, ogbuehi, westerman,  etc.

I hope you are wrong...he has burned up his "second chances" about 11 chances ago.  I'm done with him....Funny, as last year before any more troubles, I was calling him the heart and soul of the defense and how wrong I was about not wanting him to come in when he first arrived.  

I thought he had gotten his shit together...but I can't shake that video.  100X worse than the Rey Maualuga police video.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope we resign Andre Smith badly.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Jones will be shown the door, but I think they're going to wait for the judicial system and the league to decide any suspension or bans .. There may be some things that the public is being left out of the loop about because of some wording used in his contract, but I have no idea what that might be. We're not privy to all of the fine print of every contract, but I have a hunch there's something in it that protects Jones in the event of another run in with the law. Perhaps the league plans to ban him in which case it may just let the team off the hook for the contract. Some of these contracts can have some really weird stuff in them that the public is not made aware of. I have a feeling this is one of them. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:53 PM)magikod Wrote: I hope we resign Andre Smith badly.

You might want to reword that.. It sounds like you hope they sign him to a bad contract..  How about bigly?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has been said before, but just to make sure you are aware of it, the Bengals save an additional $750,000 if Jones is cut after June 1st....I have no idea why or how, but I believe that is the number.  Usually, it seems that the opposite is true, that you save by cutting earlier.  

Regardless, now that Dre is in the fold, I hope he is released.  I don't even want him around for OTA...this team has had tremendous turnover this year and I would like to see new, younger leaders emerge. 

True - but they could cut him now and designate him as a June 1 cut, which would allow the team to realize the savings while cutting him immediately.

(03-13-2017, 12:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's nice. I didn't know you could steal money from the cap room and put it in your own pockets.

Well, every dollar not spent just sits in Mike Brown's bank account.

(03-13-2017, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You'd think there would be an agreement with the Players Association that they have to spend a certain %  of the cap each year.... Sarcasm

There isn't.  It's a rolling 4 year amount.  Teams don't have to spend to a certain amount each year, they just have to hit the rolling number every year.
Reply/Quote