Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to Think We Go QB Early
(04-25-2019, 10:12 AM)HuDey Wrote: I don’t believe they are either. I wouldn’t feel really good about taking any of those guys at #11, there will be too much talent still on the board. I would be fine with Grier or a slider in round 2 though.

I did a mock the other day, and got Stidham in the 4th.  I'd be cool with that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:12 AM)HuDey Wrote: I don’t believe they are either. I wouldn’t feel really good about taking any of those guys at #11, there will be too much talent still on the board. I would be fine with Grier or a slider in round 2 though.

I'm okay with them passing on a QB for good value at 11. Andre Dillard is not good value. He's possibly the 5th best OL on the board and we'd be reaching at 11. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:18 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm okay with them passing on a QB for good value at 11. Andre Dillard is not good value. He's possibly the 5th best OL on the board and we'd be reaching at 11. 

Agreed. I would rather they trade back if they are going to go OT
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:18 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm okay with them passing on a QB for good value at 11. Andre Dillard is not good value. He's possibly the 5th best OL on the board and we'd be reaching at 11. 

at this point from the chatter it looks like maybe the top 3 QBs will be gone before 11...  Which is good for us as it allows us to get a Great Defensive player or a Quality OT in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:21 AM)HuDey Wrote: Agreed. I would rather they trade back if they are going to go OT

That is probly why Lap saying Dillard the pick(hes expecting the other OT to be gone and doesn't have the LBers valued that high due to being undersized)... If the other OT is gone at 11 slide back a few pick up an extra day 2 pick and get him in the mid to late teens
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well they could always pick up that great AAF QB we dumped off last season as a backup to the PS backup..

He's Signed with the Titans earlier this month
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at this point from the chatter it looks like maybe the top 3 QBs will be gone before 11...  Which is good for us as it allows us to get a Great Defensive player or a Quality OT in round 1.

That would be fine with me. I do hope they have an agile, adaptive board. Too often I think they go in with a guy in their crosshairs and don't change their pick unless he's unexpectedly gone. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because we have NEVER been better than 6-10 with Dalton at QB.

You guys are funny.

Do you see more than 6 wins on their schedule?

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you see more than 6 wins on their schedule?

Personally, I think that hinders on how well the new coaching does, and how quickly the players adapt to it. We should at least unpredictable for a change, if nothing else.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but that doesn't warrant Dalton bringing a 1st round pick.

If we draft a QB then Dalton will be the older QB who lost his job and looking for a new home.

Never said he'd pull a 1st round pick. Just said he'd have more value than Flacco, who was traded for a 4th.

(04-25-2019, 09:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Peter Schrader: "Feeling" is that Bengals not in the market for a QB at 11.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1121230167458947075

It's definitely draft season:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/04/bengals-could-draft-quarterback-early

Quote:On the panel, Mike Garafolo said he talked to other teams picking near the Bengals, and stated “other teams are watching them saying ‘that is a potential landing spot for a quarterback.'” Garafolo points out that quarterback needy teams like the Dolphins and Redskins pick after the Bengals, and there’s a good chance they’ll need to jump ahead of Cincinnati if they want a signal-caller.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you see more than 6 wins on their schedule?

Yes.

Just curious, but which games do you see as wins if we have a rookie QB starting instead of Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:21 AM)HuDey Wrote: Agreed. I would rather they trade back if they are going to go OT

They may want to, but it is not always possible to find another team wanting to trade up.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

Just curious, but which games do you see as wins if we have a rookie QB starting instead of Dalton?

I’d start Dalton even if we draft a QB.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:37 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Marino didn't need to be coached. He had "it'. Dalton doesn't.

You’re out of this world delusional if you don’t think coaching plays a major role in the success of any QB
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They may want to, but it is not always possible to find another team wanting to trade up.

That is always a possibility and in that case I would probably opt for a more talented player, most likely on the defensive side of the ball. If we are staying at 11 we need to select an impact player there if one is on the board. I don’t see these Offensive Tackles as fitting that description.
Reply/Quote