Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Only In Bengals Nation Is This The Biggest Day Of The Year
Some teams actually think in terms of winning play-off games. I know, not The Bengals, but many teams look forward to the season and play-offs and play-off wins. Many are so Bengalized they post threads on trading players to set up drafts 2 or 3 years down the road. I have seen threads about some player in the 2021 draft we should scrap the team to try to get 2 years from now. I hope The Bengals have a good draft this weekend and get some much needed help. We do NOT have the best players in NFL and it has not been all coaching. Truth is The Front Office made some huge player mistakes and team stinks in Blocking and Tackling. So we do need some help added this weekend. However I do not want to be talking draft in September & October, I would hope we are talking winning games in 2019.

Getting excited over the draft is for fans of teams that never go Super Bowl or win Play-Off Games, which would explain why some Bengals Fans get more excited over Draft Day than Regular Season. I hope this franchise can turn things around because Play-Off wins should be the goal, not wishing team would lose for Draft Day. I have seen some Fans post wanting Bengals to lose next 2 years for some dude in 2021 Draft, and that is really Bengalized. The Focus needs to be more on winning, not losing to set up Draft Day. I saw Bengals lose a lot under Mike Brown in 1990's and have Top Draft Picks, the problem being they were too bad for any drafts to help. The goal must be winning, not losing even more to set up draft after draft.

So I hope I hope the Bengals DO get some players that help the team win. However there are some already looking ahead to 2020 draft and 2021 draft, and I say that is Bengalized. Other teams, other fans look forward to play-off wins, not the draft. Play-offs are for winners and the draft is for losers. It's time to bring some winning to Bengals. The Super Bowl is the thing, not the Draft. There are Bengals Fans so much into the draft they post that they hope the team loses next 2 years to set up 2021 draft, and to them I say there isn't anybody in the drafts worth losing year after year for.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
How is your mood "hopeful?"

I've been soundly criticized for my negativity, and it's a criticism I accept and defend. But you're making me look like Tony Robbins.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:03 AM)kevin Wrote: Some teams actually think in terms of winning play-off games. I know, not The Bengals, 

Getting excited over the draft is for fans of teams that never go Super Bowl or win Play-Off Games,

This is 100% bullshit.

I am getting sick of people around here making up stuff just so they can play their victim card.  I just can not understand people who think like this.
Reply/Quote
Never fear.. IF the Bengals accidentally win a superbowl this year there will be more than enough fans arguing the fact that we're 1 for 51..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:08 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: How is your mood "hopeful?"

I've been soundly criticized for my negativity, and it's a criticism I accept and defend. But you're making me look like Tony Robbins.

Victim mentality is the big thing now.  It is not good enough just to complain.  You have to make up stuff to try and prove how bad you have it.

The NFL draft is a huge event.  Every fan of every team gets excited about it.  That is why it has been transformed into a huge multi day TV production.
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure what circles you’re hanging around but there’s no one I know that gets more excited for the Bengals draft than game one.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:03 AM)kevin Wrote: Some teams actually think in terms of winning play-off games. I know, not The Bengals, but many teams look forward to the season and play-offs and play-off wins.  Many are so Bengalized they post threads on trading players to set up drafts 2 or 3 years down the road. I have seen threads about some player in the 2021 draft we should scrap the team to try to get 2 years from now.  I hope The Bengals have a good draft this weekend and get some much needed help. We do NOT have the best players in NFL and it has not been all coaching. Truth is The Front Office made some huge player mistakes and team stinks in Blocking and Tackling. So we do need some help added this weekend. However I do not want to be talking draft in September & October, I would hope we are talking winning games in 2019.

Getting excited over the draft is for fans of teams that never go Super Bowl or win Play-Off Games, which would explain why some Bengals Fans get more excited over Draft Day than Regular Season. I hope this franchise can turn things around because Play-Off wins should be the goal, not wishing team would lose for Draft Day.  I have seen some Fans post wanting Bengals to lose next 2 years for some dude in 2021 Draft, and that is really Bengalized.  The Focus needs to be more on winning, not losing to set up Draft Day.  I saw Bengals lose a lot under Mike Brown in 1990's and have Top Draft Picks, the problem being they were too bad for any drafts to help.  The goal must be winning, not losing even more to set up draft after draft.

So I hope I hope the Bengals DO get some players that help the team win.  However there are some already looking ahead to 2020 draft and 2021 draft, and I say that is Bengalized.  Other teams, other fans look forward to play-off wins, not the draft.  Play-offs are for winners and the draft is for losers.  It's time to bring some winning to Bengals.  The Super Bowl is the thing, not the Draft.  There are Bengals Fans so much into the draft they post that they hope the team loses next 2 years to set up 2021 draft, and to them I say there isn't anybody in the drafts worth losing year after year for.

How many times can you say the same thing in one rambling, nonsense post?

EVERY team's fan base gets excited for the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:30 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I’m not sure what circles you’re hanging around but there’s no one I know that gets more excited for the Bengals draft than game one.

Right people are excited for the draft because...

ITS THE ONLY FOOTBALL thing happening Now.
Reply/Quote
Clearly you've never left Cincinnati then.
Reply/Quote
I'm as big a Bengals homer as anyone, and the draft isn't even close to my biggest day of the year as a fan. In no particular order...
1) First game of the year
2) First home game of the year
3) Bengals/Steelers on MNF
4) Bengals announce the hiring of their first new coach in almost 2 decades.

All of these are more exciting to me than the NFL draft is. Hell, unless they're eliminated from competition and it's December pretty much every game is a bigger deal to me than the Draft. That said, nobody should have to apologize for being excited about adding new players, especially when the team has had a pretty good track record through the draft. It's usually a pretty good weekend for the Bengals (2015 aside).

The people who are making comments about future drafts are a) joking and b) in the vast minority.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right people are excited for the draft because...

ITS THE ONLY FOOTBALL thing happening Now.

I'm always pumped for the draft because selections (well, the early picks) get some of the best knee-jerk reactions out of fanbases and those are beyond fun to read/listen to.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm always pumped for the draft because selections (well, the early picks) get some of the best knee-jerk reactions out of fanbases and those are beyond fun to read/listen to.  

I like to see what other teams are doing...    Where players are going  how that will shake up their rosters... What what it all means for my bengals and fantasy football lol
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I like the draft in general for reasons not discussed.

These kids lives are forever changed. Seeing them with their families, significant others, etc. when they get the news makes me happy for them.

And then makes me wish I had been born with any sort of athletic ability. LOL.
Reply/Quote
Go to any teams forums today and it is like Christmas, even the Patriots get excited about it.
Reply/Quote
Draft day is ALWAYS a big day on any team. And this year for us this is our first real, concrete look at how the new staff thinks.
Reply/Quote
So all the people excited to watch the draft are all bengals fans now?? Hot dog
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:30 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Honestly, I  like the draft in general for reasons not discussed.

These kids lives are forever changed. Seeing them with their families, significant others, etc. when they get the news makes me happy for them.

And then makes me wish I had been born with any sort of athletic ability. LOL.

I enjoyed watching Tak McKinley, the DE Atlanta took two years ago, drop the F-Bomb on national TV...that was hilarious.
Reply/Quote