Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
There's no other way to explain the loss to the Jets. You mean to tell me this defense that has played fantastic all season all of the sudden forgot how to play? It's like it was scripted for the Bengals to lose so they wouldn't be the number 1 seed in the AFC anymore, also that helmet to helmet hit penalty was garbage
Reply/Quote
Or.

Sometimes teams lose.
Reply/Quote
It was an atrocious defensive game plan put together by Lou.
Reply/Quote
Wait, were the calls rigged or was the defense paid off to throw the game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: There's no other way to explain the loss to the Jets. You mean to tell me this defense that has played fantastic all season all of the sudden forgot how to play? It's like it was scripted for the Bengals to lose so they wouldn't be the number 1 seed in the AFC anymore, also that helmet to helmet hit penalty was garbage

I just think this team from the top down bought into the hype and the Jets came in with a chip on they're shoulder. Then add in our terrible game plan of just giving them the underneath stuff which fed right into they're plan. The helmet to helmet hit I get from the refs angle in game speed might've looked like a foul. My problem is those plays happen what atleast 20 times a game and I get player safety but those should only be called when they're egregious and that wasn't. I agree with many people on here though that the penalty didn't lose us the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 06:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, were the calls rigged or was the defense paid off to throw the game?

Both.
Reply/Quote
Rigged? No.

Were the Bengals inadequately prepared? Yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: There's no other way to explain the loss to the Jets. You mean to tell me this defense that has played fantastic all season all of the sudden forgot how to play? It's like it was scripted for the Bengals to lose so they wouldn't be the number 1 seed in the AFC anymore, also that helmet to helmet hit penalty was garbage

The whole game looked fishy.  The Bengals seemed to be at half-mast the entire game.  It wasn't the officiating, but just really lackadaisical play.  Maybe it was the emotional high of Baltimore (did they celebrate too much) and being on the road a third straight game, but whatever the reason the Bengals just fed it to every tired narrative of the past.

It pisses me off to no end how they can have the greatest opportunity and then shit the bed like that.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The whole game looked fishy.  The Bengals seemed to be at half-mast the entire game.  It wasn't the officiating, but just really lackadaisical play.  Maybe it was the emotional high of Baltimore (did they celebrate too much) and being on the road a third straight game, but whatever the reason the Bengals just fed it to every tired narrative of the past.

It pisses me off to no end how they can have the greatest opportunity and then shit the bed like that.  

The game plans on both sides of the ball were completely wrong, Racer. Good teams take care of business and win games they should. This was bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The game plans on both sides of the ball were completely wrong, Racer.  Good teams take care of business and win games they should.  This was bad coaching.

Coaching was bad, execution was worse.  You wouldn't only think the teams records were reversed but that this was last year's defense and that was Tom F'n Brady.  God damn it makes me mad.  

So, what you are saying is after holding every team (and some damn good ones) to 22 points or less in regulation, Lou suddenly forgot how to scheme for a short-pass offense?  And every dumbass on the defense thought it was two hand touch?  Oh, and for good measure, we decided to waste at least four plays (which you can't do when your defense is stinking up the joint) by running in to a eight man box...the strength of their defense?  

It is just weird.  Hope we see a VERY different team against the Browns of this season will be over quickly.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, what you are saying is after holding every team (and some damn good ones) to 22 points or less in regulation, Lou suddenly forgot how to scheme for a short-pass offense?  And every dumbass on the defense thought it was two hand touch?  Oh, and for good measure, we decided to waste at least four plays (which you can't do when your defense is stinking up the joint) by running in to a eight man box...the strength of their defense?  

If I see this in the first half I get upset but not overly concerned. What frosts my flakes is there were no adjustments in the second half! Lou ran the exact same defense!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The game plans on both sides of the ball were completely wrong, Racer.  Good teams take care of business and win games they should.  This was bad coaching.

I didnt like the game plan on D, but even without it, we lost a lot of our one on one matchups. Their OL handled our DL most of the game. Nobody on the D could cover their WR's or RBs on the short stuff, and we missed tackles everywhere the whole game. And yes the helmet to helmet call was completely garbage. No other way to look at that one.  

On offense, despite their DL manhandling our interior OL all game long, we put up enough points to win. 

The Jets came to play. They were fast and aggressive all game and played to win it. We weren't, and didn't. Lets hope it is a wake up call because that wasnt the Bengals team we've seen all season. Onto the Browns. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If I see this in the first half I get upset but not overly concerned.  What frosts my flakes is there were no adjustments in the second half!  Lou ran the exact same defense!

Yep, and it wasn't talent on offense that kicked your dick, it was scheme.  They have next to no talent.  Their two best OTs are out.  Their best RB is out.  Their best WR is out.  Their starting QB is out.  And they put up 500 yards of offense (did they even f'n punt once?).  Jesus.  Makes me want to puke.

Going to go in the bunker for a week and try to shake this embarrassment.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:16 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Both.

Everyone gets a big payout to suck at their job except me.  I suck for free. 
Reply/Quote

So all 11 guys on defense threw the game to satisfy the NFL's rigged system?

How about they played like dog crap and got beat by another NFL team.  Just like the Titans did to the Jets a few weeks earlier.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 06:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, were the calls rigged or was the defense paid off to throw the game?

Yes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Is the league rigged? Rodger Goodell admitted it on camera so there isn't really any debate about that except for those still in denial that he ever admitted it.. He compared the NFL to WWE..It's just entertainment which is 100% truth. When teams win or lose, it doesn't matter..Nobody will come to your house at midnight to evict you and leave you penniless. Nobody gets locked up to rot in penal colonies their entire lives on NFL games.. You gain exactly the same thing if you root for teams that win constantly as you get rooting for teams that lose every game....nothing. You might get a thrill when they win or disappointed when they lose.. So what? Go to Kings Island..Ride the rides. Some are boring and disappointing, some are thrilling. Either way you pay the same to get in because it's ENTERTAINMENT ..nothing more, nothing less.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If you want to say the refs are biased, either against the Bengals or for the home team, I could get behind that to some degree. I think refs have too much power over the outcome of a game and I think penalties should be reviewable by an outside, unbiased team of officials if the situation is considered crucial to the outcome of the game. I also think penalties in general should be challenge-able.

But thinking the Bengals defense would give the game away intentionally? Come on now. These players are playing for their salaries that they aren't guaranteed more than the next snap, with their career potentially ending at any given time. They aren't blowing their payday so that some nebulous force can keep the Bengals out of the #1 spot in the AFC...
Reply/Quote
So were we paid to lose to the Jets or were the Ravens paid to lose to us?  Is Burrow pissed his defense lost on purpose?  Do you think he demands a trade to the Saints, or was he paid to throw that back breaking INT?

Am I being paid by the NFL to argue against the league being rigged?  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The whole game looked fishy.  The Bengals seemed to be at half-mast the entire game.  It wasn't the officiating, but just really lackadaisical play.  Maybe it was the emotional high of Baltimore (did they celebrate too much) and being on the road a third straight game, but whatever the reason the Bengals just fed it to every tired narrative of the past.

I don't think the offense was in on it. They still scored 31 points. Belichik likes to rub it in on a division rival. Sure, 3rd road game in a row and I would expect some tiredness on the starters, but if that's the case (and if the Jets are as bad as everyone says they are), then why not start the backups since they'd be coming off fresh and wanting to prove themselves? The same goddamn vanilla prevent zone... Don't tell me they changed looks. What? They blitzed 4 or 5 times and then went back to deep zone? No goddamn adjustment to the dink & dunk quick sets. No challenge on 1v1 deep. Like I said before, I have a sneaking suspicion that White's weakness is the deep ball. Hell, I would have gone with the 46 defense for an entire Jets possession series just to see how White responds to pressure. At least HALF those blitzes stalled the Jets. But no, our defense was too linear, too straightforward, that's why the Jets were able to do that razzle-dazzle crap. The players on defense did the best they could, it was the scheme and plan that put them at the disadvantage of being out of position before the ball snapped. It's as if Lou was told by Mike White's parents to "Please take it easy on our boy, make him look good out there. Could you hold this briefcase for us? There could be $200,000 in there. Or maybe there isn't. Understand?"

It was too obvious the defense was sitting back all day, waiting to react instead of trying to dictate the game, for whatever reason. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote