Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stat about Seattle's D since Chancellor's return
(10-08-2015, 01:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am concerned about Jimmy Graham and also Wilson scrambling to extend plays.

True, but they see that twice a year from Ben, nothing new.

We are at home and the bottom line is punch them in the mouth and keep punching them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Confused Seattle defense holds opponents out of end zone= good defense per analysts

Confused Bengals defense holds opponent out of endzone= defense sucks per jungle noisers.

Confused

Context = not important per Fresno B
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Context = not important per Fresno B

Context? I'm just telling the truth and when the truth hurts well........ Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Context? I'm just telling the truth and when the truth hurts well........ Ninja

No you are not.
The truth is, we have given up a ton of yards. 
They haven't. 

We are 19th in yards per game allowed
They are 2nd.

They allow 3.5 YPC
We allow 4.2 YPC

We are 27th in pass yards allowed.
They are 5th. 

See the context? 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm sorry but not impressed. Jimmy clauson is flat out horrible and shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. The lions have looked horrible all year as well, so while it's a cool to throw around let's not act like Chancellor is carrying this defense on his back. They run a lot of man to man, meaning their other guys were beaten up too in those first two games as it wasn't only a TE and HB killing them.

While Kam Chancellor may not be literally "carrying the defense on his back", you can never underestimate the emotional lift that a unit receives, when it's best player returns, after an absence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No you are not.
They haven't. 

They are 2nd.

They allow 3.5 YPC
We allow 4.2 YPC

They are 5th. 

See the context? 

How many touchdowns did KC score? If you can't answer that in an appropriate way then your stats are useless. Did our defense hold KC scoreless or not? How many times did KC get in the endzone? What's Seattle's record? What's ours? Did our defense have anything to do with the win? This is the context right here.
Reply/Quote
All I can say is I can't wait to see this Bengals offense take on a Super Bowl caliber defense. If the Bengals offense can succeed in scoring points, the season is looking bright. I want to see what Jeremy Hill can do against Seattle's D. Will Eifert be effective? Can Gio gash them for a couple huge runs? How will A.J do against their secondary?

I live near Seattle. This is the game I have been waiting for the last four years to watch. Yes CINCY creamed them in 2011 in Daltons rookie season (I was at the game), yet all the Seattle fans regurgitate the same thing..."it wasn't the same team that we have today." This game, I think, is one of the most important games this season. Bengals beat them and its a statement to their fans and the entire NFL.

Plus who am I kidding...I want bragging rights for another 4 years...hehe

"We can get it done...yet more importantly...we've got to get it done."  --Marty Schottenheimer
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From Bengals.com:

"Not only that, in the 18 possessions Chancellor has been back, Seattle hasn’t given up a TD."

That's two games.  Wow. 

Granted, the Bears and Lions aren't setting the league on fire and those were both home games, but that is an impressive stat nonetheless. 

So, when Dalton and Co. hangs a 28 on them, I wonder if people will still say they are doing it against inferior defenses?  Rolleyes

A couple of things to consider:

1.  They were both home games.  Granted, not giving up a TD is pretty impressive.
2.  The Lions and the Bears - enough said.

To me, the more concerning thing for Seattle needs to be their offensive production this year.  Hanging 13 on the Lions D at home is nothing to be proud of.  Even worse is their O-line's performance.  I've never seen so many plays where it looked like the Lions were bringing 10 guys and only rushed 4.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No you are not.
They haven't. 

They are 2nd.

They allow 3.5 YPC
We allow 4.2 YPC

They are 5th. 

See the context? 

The 27th in passing yards allowed needs to be taken in context.

How many times have the Bengals trailed this year?  Twice?  

What do teams do when they are behind?  They pass the ball.  I'm not surprised one bit that the Bengals are rated low in passing yards allowed.  
Reply/Quote
The Seahawks are going from facing Jimmy Claussen and a struggling Lions team, to facing a team that has averaged 30.6 ppg in their last 18 games in Cincy. There's no comparison. The Chancellor streak will end Sunday, mark it down.

The Seahawks have shown some chinks lately, and I'll be interested to see if they can stop AJ, Eifert, MLJ, Sanu, Gio and Hill. It wouldn't surprise me too much if it's a close game, but I think we'll score 20+ and 30+ is a good possibility. Don't underestimate how good the Bengals are at home...and how average the Seahawks are away from the 12th man.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:36 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How many touchdowns did KC score? If you can't answer that in an appropriate way then your stats are useless. Did our defense hold KC scoreless or not? How many times did KC get in the endzone? What's Seattle's record? What's ours? Did our defense have anything to do with the win? This is the context right here.

More context.

Last 2 games for Seattle D - 19 possesions  402 yards 2 scores 10.5% scoring possesions
Last 1 game for Cincy D - 10 possesions 461 yards 7 scores 70% scoring possesions
One of the possesions for KC the game ended but they were moving the ball. KC has been having troubles finding the endzone for quite some time now as evidenced by NO wide receivers finding the endzone for how long before the previous game?

So good job holding the opponent to a field goal on one of two scoring drives.

Likewise, good job holding a team that doesn't seem to know what an endzone is to only field goals but but moreso our D only stopped the team from scoring twice.

By the way people, bend don't break means don't allow many SCORES. Not let them get a field goal almost every time they have the damn ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:27 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: All I can say is I can't wait to see this Bengals offense take on a Super Bowl caliber defense. If the Bengals offense can succeed in scoring points, the season is looking bright. I want to see what Jeremy Hill can do against Seattle's D. Will Eifert be effective? Can Gio gash them for a couple huge runs? How will A.J do against their secondary?

I live near Seattle. This is the game I have been waiting for the last four years to watch. Yes CINCY creamed them in 2011 in Daltons rookie season (I was at the game), yet all the Seattle fans regurgitate the same thing..."it wasn't the same team that we have today." This game, I think, is one of the most important games this season. Bengals beat them and its a statement to their fans and the entire NFL.

Plus who am I kidding...I want bragging rights for another 4 years...hehe

"We can get it done...yet more importantly...we've got to get it done."  --Marty Schottenheimer

This is one of the things I need to see to truly believe there is something different from this team.  Success against a Superbowl caliber team (especially that defense).

Another would be not melting down when things go wrong.

One I already saw.  Many thing about the Raven game.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The 27th in passing yards allowed needs to be taken in context.

How many times have the Bengals trailed this year?  Twice?  

What do teams do when they are behind?  They pass the ball.  I'm not surprised one bit that the Bengals are rated low in passing yards allowed.  

Agree here. Looking at pass yards allowed for a defense is similar to judging QB's by how many yards they throw for. I prefer looking at opponent's efficiency when judging pass defenses.

Seahawks have allowed a 100.5 passer rating on the season.
Bengals have allowed a 94.9 rating.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:27 PM)Penn Wrote: This is one of the things I need to see to truly believe there is something different from this team.  Success against a Superbowl caliber team (especially that defense).

Another would be not melting down when things go wrong.

One I already saw.  Many thing about the Raven game.

Thing is, Seattle is a mediocre team on the road.  They are 5-5 in their last 10 regular season road games.  The 12th man is a huge advantage for their D when they're at home.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, Seattle is a mediocre team on the road.  They are 5-5 in their last 10 regular season road games.  The 12th man is a huge advantage for their D when they're at home.

I agree and welcome to the Jungle Seattle. Because Seattle fans are known as some of the loudest...PBS will be INSANE LOUD to show them up. We got this.
Reply/Quote
The first true test for us and the first loss. I won't be shocked when it happens.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Another thing not mentioned yet is two home games against weaker offensive lines, versus two road games against good Olines. I'm not saying their defense isn't good, but the implication that Kam Chancellor is the sole reason for them not giving up touchdowns is not something that holds to much weight yet with me. He improves their defense, just as burfict being back would ours. We will find out this Sunday!
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The entire game depends, really, on which Andy, which OC and which team shows up.

If bad Andy shows up, we lose by 20+. If good Andy shows up, the game will be close. If 2015-games-1-to-4 Andy shows up we'll win by 14+.

If the OC from the last 4 playoff games shows up, we're doomed. If 2015-games-1-to-4 Hue shows up, we'll be OK.

If the 2011-2014-its-a-big-game-and we're-tight team shows up we'll lose by 20+. of the 2015-no-game-scares-us team shows up we'll win by 14+.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:14 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: True, but they see that twice a year from Ben, nothing new.

We are at home and the bottom line is punch them in the mouth and keep punching them. 

Agree, and it is what worries me.  Unfortunately I have seen, multiple times, what Ben can do to this team by extending plays.  Not to mention Wilson is a much more dynamic runner than Ben.
Reply/Quote
This will be a true test of where the Bengals stand.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote