Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing this Trainwreck
(12-08-2017, 05:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the time for Lewis to go was 2 years ago...but...look at the Bengals management teams record pre-Marvin and then after Marvin.

While we haven't won a SB...they totally were horrible before him.

I think that finding the right coach who can coach AND scout is more difficult than people think.

I just don't know that any coach will win a SB with a team that doesn't believe in using free agency that much.

Let's hope that Katie is smart and can see her dad's shortcomings and will be prepared to do what's necessary to overcome them; to do what's necessary to win a Super Bowl. 

It's all we got, but until Katie proves that she's no different than her old man, I'm going to be optimistic about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you think they will be that different? I mean they've learned the business from their family and never worked for any other teams.

I assume it will be more of the same.

Yes. Not having experience with a great franchise from which to learn there are different and better ways to manage an NFL  to franchise, I expect absolutely nothing of real substance to occur this offseason.

Of course any small promises, or tweaks, will be ballyhooed as culture-changing and earth shaking. Don't believe it! Status-Quo is still Status-Quo with lipstick on it.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:37 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Make Marvin and Tobin a co gm that would be great. Give Tobin the same responsibility he has now.

How very Bengalesque;  Pay to men to do one job.  I don't think the Royal family would go for that.

They could make Merv the head of the scouting department, and give him a fancy title like 'Head of talent evaluation and acquisition".  In that role, he could possibly atone for some of his failures in developing talent that was selected for him, by smoothing the road a bit for his successor to be stocked with young players that fit into whatever the new HC's schemes are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How very Bengalesque;  Pay to men to do one job.  I don't think the Royal family would go for that.

They could make Merv the head of the scouting department, and give him a fancy title like 'Head of talent evaluation and acquisition".  In that role, he could possibly atone for some of his failures in developing talent that was selected for him, by smoothing the road a bit for his successor to be stocked with young players that fit into whatever the new HC's schemes are.

It honestly would not surprise me if Brown hired Merv to some obscure, meaningless position in the front office. I think they've become really good buddies and you just know Brown will hate to see Merv go to another team no matter the capacity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It honestly would not surprise me if Brown hired Merv to some obscure, meaningless position in the front office. I think they've become really good buddies and you just know Brown will hate to see Merv go to another team no matter the capacity.

You mean like Jim Lippincot's old role?  I.e. the guy who knocks on recruits doors and tells them to report to the HC, and bring their playbook...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote