Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Franchise
(12-07-2017, 10:00 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember back in 2007, I said "I will buy the jersey of whoever contributes to our first playoff win the most. Even if it's a bit player or a punter. Until then, I will not spend a dime on Bengals merchandise or attend any Bengals games. You can't feed the system that doesn't work."

10 years later, I cannot ***** believe I don't own a jersey yet.

You were so close to owning a McCarron or Green jersey too.  Like it was right there waiting for you to click "Add to Cart."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If there is not a complete shake up and a dynamic new head coach hired ( with authority to hire his own staff, scouts and an indoor facility) the Bengals are finished in Cincinnati.

The best players like Geno and AJ will not re-sign .

Dalton might stay because he is such a great guy but if I were his agent I would tell him to demand a trade.

Fan apathy is going to expand exponentially.

They will leave for greener pastures when lease runs out.

If they move to London, they will get better calls from the refs because GODell will want London team to be competitive.

The Bengals organization is awful and the NFL is becoming professional wrestling with standard "good guys" ( Pats, Steelers, east coast teams) and "bad guys" ( Bengals) and outcomes preferred by the league for TV ratings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly filling the stadium issue really became noticeable when the blackout rule went away. I don't think we've had a sellout since.

We barely sold out when the rule was in place, but at least Kroger and other co's were giving away 10K tickets a week to try to help. Now local companies aren't even feeling the Bengals enough to give tickets away.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 05:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is as bad as it's been since 2010.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/bengals-fail-to-sell-nearly-10000-tickets-for-steelers-game/

This is why Mike Brown will likely make the big change. It was painfully noticeable on Monday night, against the Steelers of all teams, with the playoffs on the line, and the media doesn't take into account the free tickets given away.

We used to always count on a sellout for Steelers games. During the worst of times. Even if 40% were Steeler fans.

The city just doesn't care anymore.

It's a sad state for the Franchise, but Brown has no one to blame but himself. His refusal to breathe life into this team, and make the change after the 2015 meltdown has turned fans off. This is a big offseason.

Here's an interesting question I have for people: Would you still be a fan of the Bengals if they got a new owner but that owner moved the team? I think I actually would since I would know it's not the Brown family running things. Better than rooting for Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's an interesting question I have for people: Would you still be a fan of the Bengals if they got a new owner but that owner moved the team? I think I actually would since I would know it's not the Brown family running things. Better than rooting for Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis IMO.

If they kept the players but gutted everything/everyone else, I'm all in.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:25 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Which Gruden? 

The Dave Shula of the Gruden family, I assume. 
Reply/Quote
Only 4 more games with Marvin Lewis as HC...

Honestly has me a little excited for the Offseason. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 05:30 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I know it probably won't happen but I have a feeling that MB is going to step down after this season. Katie has been doing more the last few years and none of the coaches have contracts after this season. Mike is in his 80s now and having a clean slate staff wise will let Katie make it her team.

Don't you think that transition has already been made, for the most part? I have a hard time believing that Mike Brown is doing much at this point, and I don't see much changing when he officially steps down.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:17 PM)Utts Wrote: Don't you think that transition has already been made, for the most part? I have a hard time believing that Mike Brown is doing much at this point, and I don't see much changing when he officially steps down.

The John Ross pick had Son of Paul written all over it. Reminded me of the 90s....shitty line, let's draft a RB.

Also...."we don't value the guard position".  Again....Mike Brown to a tee.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You unknowingly have touched on a large part of the problem.  After watching pathetically horrible officiating again Monday Night (you only get a taste of it through TV...you have to be there to see the entire shit storm....like Gio's holding flag coming out after AJ caught the ball and Geno being tackled to the ground at least 5 times with no flag) it has only reinforced the transparency of the NFL's bias.

Since the NFL became such huge dollars over the last 20 years, look at the teams that have won Super Bowls.  Do any of them come from states where there are college football powerhouses?  The answer is no.

The Patriots don't compete with ANY college football team.  There isn't a competitive team within hundreds of miles.  

The steelers have Penn State, but they haven't been in the running for a title in a long time, and the pitt panthers suck, which explains why so many steeler fans are also Buckeye fans. 

The Giants don't have any college competition. 

Broncos, Seahawks, Packers also have no college championship teams nearby. 

The NFL bags the state of Ohio, because they have the Buckeyes.  Ditto Alabama and Florida.  

The major focus is on the upper east coast (Pats, Ravens, Giants) and the steeler fans are everywhere because our country is overflowing with fat, uneducated losers.  But the real point is they don't have a college team to pull dollars (merchandise, viewership, etc).

It is so blatantly obvious when I watch games like I did on Monday.  

One of the main reasons I thought the Bengals would get a fair shake and win it all this year was because the NFL likes story lines, like the Saints after Katrina and the Pats after 9/11.  Being their 50 year anniversary, Marvin's (supposedly) last year, etc.  But right from week 1, I could see that wasn't going to happen.  

Wow, you are really serious about the NFL controlling the outcomes of games!  If you truly believe that why do you even watch?  

The truth is the haves and have nots are determined by which organizations are run the best, of which the Bengals are not one of them.  To think the NFL dictates who wins and loses on Sunday is ludicrous.  For this to happen many people have to be in bed together, for every game, every week.  If this was the case don't you think just once one of these people would come forward and say: "I was involved in the NFL's conspiracy".  It hasn't happened because it doesn't happen, period.

Please stop.  So the ref through the flag on Gio after he realized AJ Green had caught the ball and was heading for the end zone?  Please.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Wow, you are really serious about the NFL controlling the outcomes of games!  If you truly believe that why do you even watch?  

The truth is the haves and have nots are determined by which organizations are run the best, of which the Bengals are not one of them.  To think the NFL dictates who wins and loses on Sunday is ludicrous.  For this to happen many people have to be in bed together, for every game, every week.  If this was the case don't you think just once one of these people would come forward and say: "I was involved in the NFL's conspiracy".  It hasn't happened because it doesn't happen, period.

Please stop.  So the ref through the flag on Gio after he realized AJ Green had caught the ball and was heading for the end zone?  Please.

Just keep your head in the sand and pretend you are at the beach...That is your right.  It only takes a few calls or non-calls and this was one of the worst ever.  I am done believing that our team has a chance when the officiating is so clearly biased against them.  Again, you couldn't see it all on TV, you had to be there....but I don't care if you think as I do or not.  So, I will NOT stop and you can kiss my arse.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: The John Ross pick had Son of Paul written all over it. Reminded me of the 90s....shitty line, let's draft a RB.

In all fairness, since Zampese was fired, the line has been pretty good and was having their best game of the season against a two loss pitt team that needed all kinds of officiating help to win the game.

The Bengals needed a vertical threat to take pressure off AJ Green and take advantage of single coverages on the other side of the field.  Hard to do that from the bench.  Lafell is serviceable but is easily guarded by most teams #2 CB in man coverage.  Ross would not have been covered that way, which has implications on the TE as well as the rushing attack.

It wasn't the pick...I will argue that to the end.  It was the horrible use and development of the pick.  

I would even take Cody Core and Malone in rotation at X.  It is just blatantly stupid to have a blah guy like Lafell over there.  
Reply/Quote
There is a reason that I used to be a season ticket holder, one of the people that posted the most on the boards and it all stopped. I stopped drinking the kool-aid a while ago. We have let 3 head coaches in the NFL go right now to keep doing the same mediocre stuff every single year and sign Marvin Lewis to one year extensions. Mike Brown doesn't care about fans, he doesn't care about winning, he cares about the bottom line. Thats why we get the "the guard position isn't a position to drop money into" but yet two of the top G's in the league are in our division(DeCastro and Yanda) and they are making money while we let Zietler walk to our division rival. A position is good enough to warrant a 1st round pick but not warrant the contract to keep him here after his rookie deal is done? The thought processes they try to sell the fans doesn't even make sense anymore.

When Marvin Lewis walks out the door and is followed by Mike Brown, we will renew our season tickets and be back. But i will not spend my hard earned money or time on this team until then. I will be ready and watching each game on Sundays, but from my couch until then.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:44 AM)dr1441 Wrote: There is a reason that I used to be a season ticket holder, one of the people that posted the most on the boards and it all stopped. I stopped drinking the kool-aid a while ago. We have let 3 head coaches in the NFL go right now to keep doing the same mediocre stuff every single year and sign Marvin Lewis to one year extensions. Mike Brown doesn't care about fans, he doesn't care about winning, he cares about the bottom line. Thats why we get the "the guard position isn't a position to drop money into" but yet two of the top G's in the league are in our division(DeCastro and Yanda) and they are making money while we let Zietler walk to our division rival. A position is good enough to warrant a 1st round pick but not warrant the contract to keep him here after his rookie deal is done? The thought processes they try to sell the fans doesn't even make sense anymore.

When Marvin Lewis walks out the door and is followed by Mike Brown, we will renew our season tickets and be back. But i will not spend my hard earned money or time on this team until then. I will be ready and watching each game on Sundays, but from my couch until then.

Boom. My sentiments almost to a tee. Glad to see you’re still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I believe OHIO is the answer?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: The John Ross pick had Son of Paul written all over it. Reminded me of the 90s....shitty line, let's draft a RB.

lol at first I thought damn MB pulling an Al Davis..

but when they show'd the statistic on Ross Post route and daltons post route the pick makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:44 AM)dr1441 Wrote: There is a reason that I used to be a season ticket holder, one of the people that posted the most on the boards and it all stopped. I stopped drinking the kool-aid a while ago. We have let 3 head coaches in the NFL go right now to keep doing the same mediocre stuff every single year and sign Marvin Lewis to one year extensions. Mike Brown doesn't care about fans, he doesn't care about winning, he cares about the bottom line. Thats why we get the "the guard position isn't a position to drop money into" but yet two of the top G's in the league are in our division(DeCastro and Yanda) and they are making money while we let Zietler walk to our division rival. A position is good enough to warrant a 1st round pick but not warrant the contract to keep him here after his rookie deal is done? The thought processes they try to sell the fans doesn't even make sense anymore.

Completely understand this. No way am i going to buy any Bengals merchandise again if Marv or PA is back.

Both have to be gone and MB needs to step aside.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's an interesting question I have for people: Would you still be a fan of the Bengals if they got a new owner but that owner moved the team? I think I actually would since I would know it's not the Brown family running things. Better than rooting for Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis IMO.

Excellent question!

For me, it would depend on a few factors: where they were moved to (for example, if it's Los Angeles, I would probably switch teams) and if they changed their team name (just changing it wouldn't necessarily be enough, but if it's something stupid like the "Steelers" or some other nonsensical name, then, yeah, I'm switching teams). Most likely, though, I'd probably switch to following the local team since I would be able to watch them on TV every week and the local radio shows would talk about them daily. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In all fairness, since Zampese was fired, the line has been pretty good and was having their best game of the season against a two loss pitt team that needed all kinds of officiating help to win the game.

The Bengals needed a vertical threat to take pressure off AJ Green and take advantage of single coverages on the other side of the field.  Hard to do that from the bench.  Lafell is serviceable but is easily guarded by most teams #2 CB in man coverage.  Ross would not have been covered that way, which has implications on the TE as well as the rushing attack.

It wasn't the pick...I will argue that to the end.  It was the horrible use and development of the pick.  

I would even take Cody Core and Malone in rotation at X.  It is just blatantly stupid to have a blah guy like Lafell over there.  

I get all that, but all the shiny skill players in the world don't amount to much when your line is in shambles.  They were honestly pretty bad up until the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Bodine has been bad for four years.  That's 90's Bungals through and through.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol at first I thought damn MB pulling an Al Davis..

but when they show'd the statistic on Ross Post route and daltons post route the pick makes sense.

I hear ya, and that's a good point, but when you're struggling up front, guys like John Ross become a "want", and not a "need".

Reply/Quote